Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy
Ranked #46 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Apex, North Carolina
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 25 August 2011

This is a very nice hotel although it is very, very far north. It's almost in Monument. It was a bit of a drive back to Colorado Springs but we were familiar with the area so we really didn't mind that much.

The hotel is new, the rooms are clean and the staff was very nice. Breakfast in the morning was good. The pool was closed the 1st day due to chemical problems but we used it the 2nd day. Just remember to bring your room key if you use the hot tub outside. We managed to lock ourselves out as we left the room key in the indoor pool area.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank AllieB27502
AimeeTylor, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy, responded to this review, 28 August 2011
I am again blown away by the gracious and generous reviews posted by the last few people. I appreciate that you point out our property is truly the northern-most hotel in Colorado Springs. Being located close to the Air Force Academy Main/North Gate is a great benefit, but also means we are a bit further north than the cluster of other hotels. That said, I am proud of the businesses around us and happy to be known as both a part of Colorado Springs AND a part of Monument- the best of both worlds! Thanks for the reviews and keep on writing! Aimee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 25 August 2011

This is a fairly new property and it was just fabulous! The hot tub/pool area was cozy and relaxing, the area in which the hotel is located was soooo handy. I traveled by car all day and there was a great car wash nearby with a couple choices for fueling stations. Eating was just next door or drive 5 minutes down the road and you have major chain restaurants with shopping. The room was fabulous with a nice flat screen TV and a very confy bed with lots of pillows! The bathroom was extra roomy for me as the one I was in the night before in a higher star hotel was cramped and not user friendly. Temp was comfortable in the room and no noise at all. Breakfast in the morning was nice, biscuits and gravy were the highlite with great healthy alternatives such as yogurt, and different cold juices. Very safe and clean area of North Co Springs/near the Air Force Academy. Great place if you plan to visit Denver also-not far down the highway. On my next trip back I plan on staying here. Very pleased with my stay-the staff was very friendly too! I even got a coupon for 10% off dinner the night I stayed to Texas Roadhouse. Great accessability to highway and in and out of hotel-no hassels.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank hokte1964
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Clean, friendly staff. A bit far from area attractions but we didn't mind. Its nice to have a full kitchen.

• Stayed August 2011
3 Thank Spottedprincess
colorado
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Our family reunion of about 25 could not have been more comfortable. The staff was very friendly, helpful, fun and went the extra mile in spite of being full. Always a smile at the desk. Housekeeping most helpful when I locked myself out of the room - again! Rooms were quite adequate - not plush but very clean, very comfortable and cheerfully decorated. Great beds. The hotel and rooms are light and bright - not dark and moody. The rooms actually have good lighting! I hate dark hotel rooms. Breakfast with waffles and biscuits/gravy wasn't 5 star but nobody left hungary. Something for everybody None of us had any complaints! We hung out visiting and they didn't rush us out. Something for everybody. Location worked so well for us as we were going multiple directions and did not want to stay in the middle of traffic and asphalt. One post mentioned "noisy trains in the middle of the night." I asked our group and no one heard the train except me and I was listening for it. Kids loved the pool and adults enjoyed the firepit on the deck. The view oculdn't be beat. Unobstructed view of the Colorado Rockies. Was very peaceful, clean and comfortable. I will suggest we have our next reunion here again

4 Thank bcool_11
Colorado Springs
Reviewed 20 July 2011

We reserved 20 rooms months before the wedding of our daughter for family coming from out of state. The people we worked with regarding holding those rooms went very well and we couldn't be more satisfied. The comments from family after staying was also very positive. The rooms were excellent, the breakfast was satisfying and well prepared and service was always cordial and done expediently.

Reviewed 7 July 2011

Not to be confused with the Fairfield Inn and Suites at the south end of town. I went there by mistake and was really uncomfortable when I went to check in. Once I discovered I was at the wrong hotel I was so happy when I got to the Fairfield on Struthers. The front desk was there and very welcoming. Nice, clean guest rooms, comfortable beds. Breakfast was good. Meeting room was perfect for our meeting of 15 people. I really like this hotel. GM is new as is AGM and they really went out of there way to make us coomfortable. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel. We went to a restaurant called Fusion which was 1 mile from hotel. Excellent food. Hotel is a hidden treasure!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank gpatterson04
Aurora
Reviewed 4 July 2011

My husband and I booked this hotel in celebration of our anniversary. The check-in/out process was super fast and easy and the front-desk staff was friendly. We booked a king suite which had two rooms: a sitting area and bedroom and were very pleased with it. The sitting area had a 32" flat panel tv, a desk with very comfy chair, free wifi (had no issues connecting at all) , queen sofa sleeper and sofa chair. The fridge was surprisingly large for a mini and there was a microwave and coffee maker. The bathroom was a good size and there was a rain showerhead. My only complaint was the water pressure was really low and it would ebb and flow (from low to lower). The bedroom was a good size and also had a 32" flat panel tv, closet, 3-drawer dresser -- we totally did not expect there would be 2 tv's in the unit. The bed was comfy. We arrived Friday evening and the pool was closed until Saturday afternoon due to some chemical issues. As mentioned in other posts, the sea salt pool was small, but was still adequate and we had a nice swim. The property has a quaint patio area that runs on the backside of the property with a spectacular view of the mountains and Pikes Peak.. We sat in the hot tub under the stars and it was amazing! There are several seating areas: one by the hot tub, one around the firepit which is really nice at night and separate area just off the breakfast area. They offer a nice complimentary breakfast with the usual items, plus biscuits/gravy, fruit cups, yogurt, jimmy dean sandwiches, quiche, waffles. The breakfast area is really nice with a few separate eating areas...tables with comfy padded chairs, a separate living room style area with a tv, "bar seating" or you could dine outside with a lovely view of the mountains. The styling of the hotel was contemporary throughout with a nice color scheme (blue and green). Overall, the room felt very "homey." The hotel is actually located in south Monument, just north of Colorado Springs which makes it nice and quiet because you're not in a full urban area which lends itself to seeing the stars at night when you're out on the patio. Getting to the hotel was easy, just off the highway. Our car battery died while there and one of the laundry ladies gave us a jump and then stopped us the next day to inquire if all was well, which was a nice touch. We can't wait to go back and highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: southside of the hotel offers mountain views
1 Thank Diana L
AimeeTylor, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy, responded to this review, 4 July 2011
Thank you for your comments and great feedback about our hotel. We are very fortunate to have so many great reviews here on TripAdvisor and I greatly appreciate that you have taken the time to add your experience. Anniversaries are such special occasions and I am happy to hear we participated in making your experience memorable. Many of the things you listed here are also MY favorite amenities of our hotel- Thank you again for the wonderful feedback! Aimee Tylor, General Manager