“Great rooms, and breakfast, but...problems.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy

Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy
Ranked #44 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Berkeley, California
“Great rooms, and breakfast, but...problems.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

The rooms were gorgeous, hotel is clean, breakfast is good...but 1) our microwave was broken, and it took a ridiculous amount of time for a new one to come..and 2) they messed up in billing my card not once, but THREE times...I ended up being triple charged, and it took weeks to fix, with no apology.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank iChaseDragons
Tami L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Dear ichasedragons,
Thank you for your time. We appreciate you filling out a Trip Advisor comment for the Fairfield Inn & Suites Monument CO. I am sorry to hear about your issues that you experienced during your stay! I am sorry that it took a while to replace your microwave. Additonally, I am very distressed to hear about your billing problem. Is it resolved now? If not, or if you would like to describe the issue that you had; please call me at the hotel...719 488 4644.
I hope that you will stay with us again when next you visit the Colorado Springs are.

I remain, At your service

Tami Long GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Pueblo, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

The staff was very nice and the rooms very clean. The complimentary breakfast was very good also. While seated having my breakfast, I was amazed by the people treating the attendant with no respect. The attendant was doing a fantastic job trying to make everyone happy, then you would hear a gentlemen yelling, your out of biscuits! Or another couple moaning about the yoguet flavors. And on and on........ Give me a break people. Its complimentary, its not the end of the world. There are far worst things happening in this world. Get a grip! Compliments to the attendant for not losing her cool.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tami L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Dear Lyla R,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I will pass your accolades on to our Breakfast Ambassador! Some mornings are just more hectic than others, and some guests have a bigger sense of urgency in the morning!! I am happy that you enjoyed your stay, and hope that the next time you come up to the Springs, that you will stay with us again!
Safe travels!
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. The free hot breakfast varied each day, some menus better than others. The pool is small, but the outdoor hot tub can be nice even in cold CO temps. The hotel does not have a bar unfortunately, but there's a common area off the lobby and the staff was accomodating to our late night cocktails, card games, etc.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kris O
Tami L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Dear Kris J,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It sounds like you enjoyed your visit. The outdoor hot tub is extremely invigorating!! I hope you were able to enjoy the sunset from the hot tub, that view can be exhilarating! We hope you will come and stay with us again the next time you are in our area.

Safe travels,
Johnston, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

The lady at the front desk the night we checked in went out of her way to insure we (a large group) were taken care of. We gathered in the breakfast area and she went out of her way to insure we were comfortable and didn't need anything. Each time we approached the front desk during our stay (3 nights) the Fairfield representatives were very friendly and helpful. We were there during a late spring snow storm and the hotel was hosting guests for two weddings. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Dear Grandm0ther0f7,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We really appreciate your input, and the nice things you had to say about our staff! I believe I have the BEST STAFF EVER, but of course, it is the opinions of the guests that truly grade our service against their experience! We appreciate your business, and are so happy to have you stay with us! We hope you will come back to Colorado Springs when it is NOT snowing, and that you will choose us when you do!

Safe Travels,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

Last minute reservation and we're glad we chose to stay here. The staff was super friendly and knowledgeable about the area and the rooms were very clean. Great views of the moutians! I do wish they're were smoking rooms available. Great stay and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Native Zen,
thank you for your nice review of our hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! I am sorry that we do not have any smoking rooms, however, all Marriott properties are 100% non smoking. I am happy to hear that you will stay with us in the future when you return to our area. Wherever your travels take you, I hope you will choose Fairfield Inn & Suites.

Safe Journeys!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

For starters when we checked in the man was not nice. He didn't know where the Air Force academy was and didn't help is with directions.
The next day when we asked for directions the lady said she also didn't know but that we could look it up on a computer. However once she found out we were gold card members she was more than happy to give us directions. I guess only told card members get good service.
Lastly our room was not cleaned our entire stay. Three days. Each time we came back our room was just as we left it.
I was very disappointed with our service. While the rooms were great the service would prevent me from staying here again.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Roadtrip6481
Tami L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
Dear Roadtrip6481,
I am so sorry that you had service issues at our hotel! This stay obviously fell below standards and is not our typical level of service. I would love to talk to you about the issues that you experienced, and see if there is a way that I can resolve those. Additionally, I would like to utilize examples of the service you received for training of the associates that you encounted.
Please call me directly at 719 488 4644, or email me your information so that I may call you. My email address is "ffi.gm.cossm@marriott.com". I look forward to hearing from you, and, again, please accept my apology for the issues you encountered while you were staying with us.

I remain,
At Your Service!
Tami Long
Windsor, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013

We have stayed at this hotel twice and each visit we have been very happy with our room and the service.
PROS: *The front desk staff are courteous, always ask our room/floor preference, and follow up with a phone call to the room to make sure we are pleased.
*The rooms are clean with nice décor.
*The beds are comfortable and the heating system is quiet.
*The hotel has snacks, frozen dinners and other items for sale by the front desk.
*Nice sitting area with large TV and fireplace.

CONS: The only complaints I have is that the breakfast service was lacking and the shower water pressure is too light. Regarding the breakfast:
*The bagels were stale and inedible.
*Several of the offered selections were unavailable.
*The breakfast attendant was not around very often.
*The number of and variety of selections offered were limited compared to some similar hotels we have stayed at.

All in all, we would stay at this hotel again when in the area. I would highly encourage you to give it a try!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tami L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy, responded to this review, 14 February 2013
Dear Pat K, thank you for taking the time to review Fairfield Inn and Suites Colorado Springs North, USAFA! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay during your Family reunion! Charlene is STELLAR, and I am glad that she took care of you so well. We appreciate your business, and are glad to know that when you come back to the Monument area, that you will choose us!! Until then, we wish you SAFE TRAVELS!

I remain,