“Best trail riding experience!”

Old Stage Riding Stables
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Guided mountain horseback trail rides in the Pike National Forest far from city streets 20 minutes (5.8 miles) up historic Old Stage Road. Scenic and wildlife tours, special children's rides, wagon rides and group activities. Mountain cabin rentals. Snacks and drinks for sale.
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My husband, 12 year old daughter and I went on a two hour trail ride on our recent vacation. I am experienced but my daughter and husband are beginners. Everyone there was so friendly! Cliff was our guide and he was so good with my daughter. He patiently listened to her and answered all of her questions along the trail. The views were absolutely amazing! It was a great way to see Pikes Peak National Forest. These guides work for tips so make sure you tip well! The road up is a bit trickey but if you take it slow and follow directions you will get there with no problem. The views along the road are worth the trip itself!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

My husband and two daughters went on the 1 hour trail ride and we all had a great time. I've been on many trail rides, but this one was one of the best, not only for the scenery and horse riding experience, but also due to the three guides. They were interactive with us the whole way and very engaging and personable. The drive up was pure Colorado, too. We enjoyed every minute and it will be one of our favorite memories from our vacation.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We took our daughter here for a birthday outing and she had a wonderful time. This family run spot is amazing and we will for sure be back many times. They guides were so kind and friendly and great with young children. Our youngest was too little to ride, but they had a ton of animals to keep her entertained and she loved chasing them around.

2  Thank Marie R
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

The road up to the stables can be a little trickey, but otherwise this was the highlight of our trip. Very friendly and knowledgeable guides. Beginners will have a good time even on difficult terrain.

2  Thank srooster
Reviewed 12 March 2014

My best friend and I chose to do this as we both love horses and the outdoors. It was a perfect way to see the beautiful mountains up close and see the scenery. Our guides were an amazing mother/daughter duo. They were extremely knowledgeable and comforting. It has been over 5 years since I have been on a horse so I was slightly nervous. I put down my experience level as intermediate and was put on a red mare named "Lady Bug". She was the youngest of the horses and a little high strung, but still very manageable for me and was very responsive to my commands. Since our husbands are stationed in the Springs for a few more years, we will definitely be doing this again! It was honestly the most fun I've had in a very long time.