“A MUST DO”

Old Stage Riding Stables
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Guided mountain horseback trail rides in the Pike National Forest far from city streets 20 minutes (5.8 miles) up historic Old Stage Road. Scenic and wildlife tours, special children's rides, wagon rides and group activities. Mountain cabin rentals. Snacks and drinks for sale.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

1 hour ride was perfect for my 8 year old grandsons first ride, The guide (Kevin) was great and kept a close eye on the beginer. All the staff was friendly and the ranch was well maintained. Will spend more time there on my next visit to Colorado.

All reviews
"whole family"
"cheyenne mountain"
"scenic drive"
in 2 reviews
"the colorado springs area"
"horses"
in 111 reviews

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Wow is all I can say. The horses, trails, Mountain View’s, the smell of pine. The highlight of our trip. The horses were very well behaved. Even though the trail is narrow and steep drop offs the horses are experts and you feel safe. The guide made us feel comfortable too! You will not regret it!

4  Thank Marie M
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Beautiful scenery, perfect weather! We had a very enjoyable one hour horseback ride through aspen's, pines and meadows. Even though we had riders of varying abilities, our guide kept us moving together while encouraging the beginners. She also told us the history of the area and of the family who owns the ranch where we rode.

1  Thank seekingnightwing
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

I had such a good time here. The staff is friendly, the horses are patient, and the view is stunning.

The drive up to the stables was pretty and I was told “just keep going straight and you’ll find us.” It feels longer than 5 miles but it’s not a bad drive at all - just enjoy the view!

If I go back to the Springs I’ll be riding here again!

1  Thank ccneal61210
See more reviews
Reviewed 2 October 2017

An amazing trail ride through a piece of heaven. Try to fit this into your visit. I'm a middle aged woman - pretty much a riding novice - and I had a great time. So don't let age or ability (or lack thereof ) keep you away. A perfect way to pass the time when your spouse is at a conference nearby. Frankly, I can't imagine anyone not loving it! Kids will be delighted, bored teenagers too! Perfect for a first date even - at any age! Special thanks to our guide Rachael for making it especially fun and interesting. Yes, it does take at lest 1/2 an hour to drive from the Broadmoor - the driving directions are spot on.

2  Thank canadianbeachgoer