“Crawfish Season !”
Review of Culpepper's Cajun Kitchen - CLOSED

Culpepper's Cajun Kitchen
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I just had lunch at Culpepper's Cajun Kitchen at the southern end of Academy Blvd, in the Safeway parking lot in Colorado Springs.

I had Crawfish Etoufee and Fried Crawfish, with the Mac Choux (creamed corn smothered with bacon and spices) and hush puppies. I'm from Louisiana and have eaten my fair share of cajun food. I have never had better. The 'Nawlin's style BBQ Shrimp is also amazing if they happen to have that as a special. The chicken strips are a good choice if someone in your group is scared of seafood.

If you haven't tried it and you like cajun flavors, you are depriving your tastebuds for no good reason.

3  Thank Schley_C

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Culpeppers offered a nice variety and liked the sampler platter for trying several of their items in one stop. Liked the gumbo best. Not the best cajun but for money it is a deal.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

For those reviewers who think this is the best Cajun food outside LA all I can say is you must not have ever had good food.
I went there for my birthday, joined by my mother, son and daughter and my granddaughter. We were all so looking forward to some great Cajun food and what a disappointment. To start with, the guy taking orders was as friendly as a brick wall. I felt like we were disturbing him by coming in. He certainly was not happy to see us in spite of the fact they had no customers during the lunch dinner hours. In addition to less than friendly he was unsanitary handling food and money without ever washing his hands (disgusting). The food was nothing more than warmed up left overs from days ago at best, served as cheaply as possible and over priced to boot (which is what some of it tasted like). When I when I see those kind of prices on Cajun food and have to eat it off of paper in plastic basket instead of a plate I wish I had gone to McDonalds (I don't care for them either, but they have better food than Culpeppers). Then stupidly we decided to have desert, another mistake on our part. The bread pudding was horrible! It was microwaved to the consistency of a Goodyear tire (sorry Goodyear) it was not even edible not to mention the bite I tasted was horrible in taste as well. I have had better bread pudding from first time cooks, it's hard to screw up, but not for Culpeppers.
Take my advise if you want Cajun food go somewhere else. If you want good food go anywhere else. I was so embarrassed, my children wanted to take me out anywhere of my choosing for my birthday and I made them pay for this garbage and poor if any service.
Is this a harsh review? yes and they earned every word of it.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I noticed the cashier-waiter was handling cash from customers then he went to serve food for some waiting customers without washing his dirty hands touching the fries, fish, and hash puppies etch. with his fingers. Every time he finished serving each customer’s order, he wiped his hands on the sides of his pants. He ruined my dinner, I did not eat my meal, and I had nausea after seeing that. It was a horrible experience.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

If I could pack Culpeppers up and have them move with me anywhere (to include on deployments), I would!! Best fried okra, best fried pickles, best jambalaya in town, in CO, and dare I say, best in the entire northwest! They have the best batter for their fried foods. They have greens like my grandmother used to make. And when I can't decide what I want because it all is so good, I recommend their Louisiana sampler.
I will sorely miss this place once I have to move on. A local spot that must be checked out, if you love some great cajun!

1  Thank SavageA