“Nothing special here...”

Pizzeria Rustica
Ranked #9 of 1,412 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Price range: US$10 - US$19
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Classic trattoria with architectural antiques and heated patio serving exceptional, hand-stretched Neapolitan wood-oven pizzas and antipasti made with the finest imported and local artisanal ingredients. Unique wines & brews. 5-stars “As Good As It Gets” – Gazette ~ Best New Restaurant 2009 ~ tenth 4-Star Green Restaurant® in the world.
Berkshire, Massachusetts
“Nothing special here...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I have an Italian heritage so I might be expecting a higher standard in pizza, but honestly I was not impressed by this restaurant at all. We were visiting family in Colorado Springs and they recommended this place, and when I looked on Trip Advisor and it was highly rated, I thought this would be good. The pizza was just OK...nothing special and the salad was average. I did not not go to another pizzeria so I cannot recommend a different one...but trust me, this was just so so.

“Terrible!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

This is the first and last time I will go here... ordered at 7:00 Sunday night ! Wait 20 minutes for my pizza and the waitress came back and told me that the kitchen is having a 30 to 40 minute wait... I had already waited 20 min!!!!! I told the waitress I was done and to take the pizza and throw it in the trash!!!!!!!!

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Wonderful Authentic Italian Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

This was a lovely spot in Old Colorado City. The pizza was authentic style Italian, the atmosphere was warm, the waitstaff was wonderful. Lovely little patio outside to enjoy the lovely Colorado summer weather, strung with white lights and a view of the street. Indoor is Euro-quaint and cozy. We even ordered dessert because we were so impressed with the pizza, a yummy warm homemade chocolate chip cookie in a tiny skillet with a scoop of vanilla bean ice-cream - so good! My only suggestion would be to increase the beer selection a bit. Loved this place and will return if ever in the area again!

2 Thank Julie R
Madison, SD
“Tasty pizza, impressive owner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

My new favorite pizza place, for two reasons. Reason #1: We shared a Pizza Rustica, which was simple and amazingly tasty. Reason #2: We probably never would have gone there if we hadn't happened to have struck up a conversation on the street with the owner, who had taken an interest in my Smart car (so what if it was a comic interest?). We told him (Dave Brackett, I believe is his name) we were in the neighborhood for dinner at the Italian place a couple of blocks away (Paravicini's). Dave told us we probably wouldn't get in without reservations that night, so he whipped out his phone, dialed Paravicini's, and asked if they could find a table for my friend and I. It worked. We loved Dave's coolness, so we tried his pizza, and now we love his pizza, too.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank SherriRVs
Waterford, Connecticut
“Nice light dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

We were looking for a quick, light dinner. We chose to split a salad, a pizza--and later a dessert. The salad was very good, but quite skimpy and not at all worth the price. The pizza was excellent, although it took too long to be brought out. I believe our order got lost in the kitchen. The waitress was very nice and made us feel like family. She was very apologetic about how long we had to wait for our pizza and "comped" our dessert. All-in-all, I would give them another chance if I were in the area.

• Visited June 2014