“Delicious!”

Ranked #4 of 39 Dessert in Colorado Springs
Price range: US$3 - US$6
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Gourmet ice cream and gelato made fresh daily! Rated in the top 10 in nation by Forbes Traveller. Featured on Fox News and in the "Best of the Springs". Locally roasted coffee and espresso drinks. Ice cream cakes, take-out pints, shakes, candy, and Italian imports. Semi-private room with fireplace, enclosed outdoor grass play area, and patio seating. Call to schedule a tour or birthday party. Group, military, and student discounts available.
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

Gave this a try and was very pleased with how delicious the ice cream was. The atmosphere is cozy with plenty of seating and it wasn't too pricey for a family of 3. They also offer a military discount if you ask.

• Visited August 2013

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“nice place to sit, eat gelato, and chat with friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

Our friends introduced us to this place because they love it, so we went there with them on a Friday night. I like the atmosphere because there are plenty of places to sit inside and outside when most ice cream places are small with little seating. I also like that there are plenty of flavors of both gelato and ice cream, along with coffee. There was a long line and lots of people hanging out, which shows they have good business. We sat outside and talked until they closed at 10 and it was a lovely evening! I had chocolate pecan gelato and my husband had coconut gelato.

• Visited June 2013
Fort Carson, Colorado
“Not anything special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

There was a long line and only 2 employees. The one who helped us was kind of rude. The gelato wasn't anything too special. It was overpriced if you ask me.

Visited June 2013
cos
“Great Place for Gelato”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

Thoroughly enjoy the gelato. This shop has many choices for both gelato and ice cream. All flavors of the gelato I tried have been excellent with flavor plus! The staff is friendly and there is plenty of seating for a eatery of this nature. Highly recommend a visit. Have been here several times.

Visited May 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“High Altitude Gelato”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

Admittedly I was skeptical about trying Glacier Homemade Gelato. (The last time I tried some in town, it was worse than mediocre due to management's miserly attitude and high altitude tendency to dry out.) So, when I heard about this shop, I put it on my "to try" list. I am happy to report that I was pleasantly surprised by the dedication of the staff to prduce a quality product by using authentic equipment and all natural ingredients. I was encouraged to taste several choices ( there are over 12 choices) and enjoyed them. So I selected a cup of the Samoa tropical blend of flavors...very nice. Is this as good as Trattoria Fantastica's in San Diego's Little Italy which is at sea level? No, but not because they aren't doing the right thing, The altitude makes all recipes harder to produce at the highest level. It seems to dry out exposed gelato. Nonetheless, Glacier Homemade Gelato is moving so much product that fresh is not an issue. I look forward to returning often with friends and will be sure to spread the good word. Buon appetito!

• Visited May 2013