“Stopped in on a whim - left with a great impression! Yum!”

Glacier Homemade Ice Cream & Gelato
Ranked #5 of 41 Dessert in Colorado Springs
Price range: US$3 - US$6
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Gourmet ice cream and gelato made fresh daily! Unique flavors made with candy and baked goods made from scratch in our own kitchen. Featured on Fox News and in the Gazette and Indy "Best of the Springs". Locally roasted coffee and espresso drinks. Ice cream cakes, take-out pints, shakes, candy, and more. Semi-private room with fireplace, enclosed outdoor grass play area, and patio seating. Military and student discounts available.
Reviewed 7 July 2014

FABULOUS ice cream and gelato! We stopped in after lunch just to peek and the guy behind the counter was incredibly helpful and friendly. I really enjoyed that he seemed to be genuinely interested in the customers. The environment would be great for reading or studying, too. My boyfriend had the Salted Caramel gelato and I had the Banana Cashew Caramel ice cream. He had two scoops and I had one -- and the portions were plenty. Some of the best ice cream I have ever had! Highly recommended. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

These guys have a must try Gelato. Every flavor I've tried so far i have been impressed with. I would definitely recommend either of the chocolate flavors, each very delicious. Will definitely come back next time I'm craving something sweet!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I was in the neighborhood and dying for a root beer float. I wanted what I remembered from my childhood (a zillion years ago). I got plain vanilla ice cream and they gave me a can of A&W root beer. It was WONDERFUL! The ice cream was hard and creamy and had a great vanilla flavor. The root beer with the ice cream was wonderfully fizzy. This was far superior to what I've had at the A&W. They do something to make their floats taste flat. This was fabulous and brought back memories of the good old days. Darn! I'm dying for another root beer float. Are they open at midnight?

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I had gelato and spouse had the ice cream ... so we shared. I had two types of chocolate gelato and wow!!! so very, very good. The two scoops was more than enough for me and the price was reasonable. The ice cream I snagged a bit of was creamy goodness and my spouse was happy.

Go and go w/ some room...because you WILL want more than one scoop.

Service was quick and the guy helping us was friendly as all get out.

They also give you sample bites if you can't decide what you want!

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Stopped in last night while in town, i had the cinnamon geliato and it was very good. There were so many flavors to choose from,if we were in town longer i would try more of them, i would come back again and again if i could