“Loved it”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Cheap, and very tasty food. Staff was very friendly, willing to give advise on what they liked. I will be back.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I have driven past the place several times and always wanted to try it but the timing was always off. This time it worked out for an early dinner. We stopped in around 4 pm and the line was out the door. The layout and concept reminds me of Oklahoma Joe's in Kansas City (gas station & restaurant in one). You can buy sandwiches or meats by the pound. The moist brisket was outstanding. The lean brisket seemed to be too dry for my tastes. The side dishes (Cole slaw & potato salad & beans) were good but the beans did not have a lot of flavor. It is a order and sit down place and the atmosphere is really great for a colorado town. We had leftovers and took them home - great the second day too. We hit it at an off time - it must be a zoo there during normal meal times. The staff was very friendly and the restaurant was very clean. We will. We will come back when in the area. Great food - not too pricy for what you get.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

If you live anywhere near a Rudy's and you haven't been -- what is wrong with you??!! This place rocks, outstanding BBQ, delicious side dishes, cut to order, reasonable prices, picnic table seating (inside & out) and an epic sauce that you will want to bring home with you.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

This place was average, as all of the meat except the pulled pork was little dry. I ordered a slab of baby back ribs, 1/2 LB pulled pork & 1/2LB brisket. Again the ribs and brisket were a little dried out making you have to douse in sauce. The customer service and the experience was great. The line was out the door and the call in pickup time was 45mins. It reminds me if a BBQ Cracker Barrel.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I have never been to a Texas-Style barbecue joint, and I have to say I love the whole idea. Eating at a place where the emphasis is on the meat and nothing else is right up my alley. However, I don't know exactly what sort of equipment they use to cook their meat, but it leaves the meat with a not uncommon aftertaste. Sort of a housefire taste and smell that I have always associated with cooking meat with wood that hasn't been allowed to burn long enough to loose the bitter volatile compounds. The prime rib and brisket were lovely, but they had that bitter taste that I just don't like. Alton Brown has maintained that the only thing corporate America can't do well is barbecue, because good barbecue just requires too much effort. I think he is right.