“Great stay for Colorado College graduation!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Colorado Springs
A Room with a View Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Our family rented the whole house for the weekend of our son's graduation. It was perfect for this purpose...close to downtown and the college, comfortable, plenty of space to hang out inside and out, with everything you need to prepare meals. Decor is fun, not frou frou.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for A Room with a View Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 14 May 2012

My wife and I stayed at this B&B for a week while we were cycling in Colorado. It's a charming house in a great location, about 1/2 mile from downtown and many places to eat and shop. We very rarely used the car while we were there because everything was so close.

The food was excellent, especially the baked oatmeal! The conversation was great, and Chris was very knowledgeable about the area, especially for cycling locations.

The garage was good storage for our bikes while we were there, which is something you can't get in a hotel without sneaking your bikes into the room with you.

I'd recommend this to anyone - and we'll go back at some point!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeremy W
Reviewed 21 April 2012

We found this wonderful B&B on Trip Advisor last fall and are now planning our third stay. Chris is the hostess of the mostest! Lemon cake upon arrival, fabulous breakfast, comfortable rooms and great conversation. Easy walking distance to th center of town.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathy B
Reviewed 21 December 2011

My aunt runs a B&B in Ohio, but other than that, this was my first experience staying in one outside the family. I've stayed in a lot of hotels. We stayed 2 nights here, after spending the first part of the week with family in another part of the state. My son moved to Colorado Springs, and we wanted to be in town near him for a few days. Three of my children (ages 5, 19 and 22) stayed in one upstairs room, and my husband and I in the other.

The negatives - it was December, and the space heaters were cozy, but our combined electricity use (7 people) threw breakers twice. Chris promptly turned them back on; once in the middle of the night. It probably wouldn't be a problem with more conservative or less people. She warned us about the steep steps to the two rooms upstairs, and I've lived in old houses, but yes, they are steep. Not too bad though. The (quiet) street was a little hard to find our way back to, but we got it figured out quickly. That ends up being a positive. These problems were a miniscule inconvenience, and did not detract from our stay remotely enough to keep us from wanting to go back though.

The big positives: her down comforters were heavenly. The beds were nice. The place was cozy, and decorated beautifully. When our 5 y/o went downstairs before us 2 or 3 times and interrupted her cooking or activities, she engaged her in conversation and got her sending a slinky down the steps; excellent with children. She was extremely helpful with activity planning, had ice water in the upstairs fridge and on the table and was very accommodating to our schedule in a nice way. I could see stopping here on a honeymoon or as a single doing some outdoorsy stuff being just perfect.

Probably what I loved most about this B&B was that Chris shops at a farmer's market for local food, and is a heavenly cook. She had cookies on the table when we arrived. Her homemade granola with yogurt, one of my favorite breakfast foods, is to die for. She made us a breakfast casserole our first day there. It was just a lovely experience in that way. And she accommodated my extended family arriving during the last breakfast there together before we left, providing food and coffee refills for all, for a minimal extra charge. It was thus a memorable stay for us. It is a place I would feel very comfortable going back to.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Gwen G
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We were in Colorado Springs to visit with our daughter at Fort Carson. ARWAV was a very warm and welcoming place to stay. The owner, Chris, a great cook, went out of her way to accommodate us during our visit. She supplied us with blankets for the Army-Air Force Football game, she held a room so that our daughter could stay at the inn with us on our last night, she made our visit perfect.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2011

I have spent 2 weekends here and will eagerly return. Chris takes care of every need, makes fabulous food and can accommodate any dietary restriction. She is very knowledgeable about Colorado Springs and all it has to offer. Walking distance from downtown is very convenient and with a beautiful view of Pikes Peak it makes the walk so much more enjoyable. Slept like a baby on the comfy bed with everything I could need. I felt like I was home - without the work! (I didn't rate kid's activities because it wasn't applicable to me.)

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2011

Chris couldn't have been more welcoming and accommodating in her charming B&B. She takes a personal interest in her guests, and we all felt like family by the time we left. The breakfasts are healthy and delicious, and Chris is willing to accommodate special dietary needs. A cozy experience all around!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family