“School Field Trip!”

and up
Garden of the Gods Private Half Day of Climbing
Ranked #1 of 25 Tours in Colorado Springs
More attraction details
Owner description: Most experienced rock climbing guide service in Colorado. We have tours that leave the Garden of the Gods Visitor and Nature center every half hour in the summer. We also provide full and half day private climbing adventures year-round.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This was our 3rd year bringing students to climb with Front Range! All of the guides are fantastic with the kids. They are energetic, safe, knowledgeable, patient, enthusiastic...and the list goes on. We will definitely be back next year and many years to come! I cannot thank them enough for all of their hard work! My students and parents cannot stop talking about it!

There are newer reviews for Front Range Climbing Company

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We wanted to kick off our summer with a trip rock climbing outdoors. We had some experience climbing indoors but knew a guide would be the best for our first outdoor trip. Logan met us bright an early Sunday morning at Garden of the Gods and the experience was incredible. He offered a tremendous amount of knowledge about Garden of the Gods, offered his vast climbing experience and let us tailor the experience to what we wanted. We got to climb 4 routes on a picture perfect day in the park. Logan made every effort to make sure we were safe and comfortable but encouraged us to reach new heights climbing. Every part of the trip was beyond expectations from the reservations with Isaac to the climbing with Logan. If you have EVER considered rock climbing arrange a trip with Front Range, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

My children, 14 and 11, and I had indoor climbing experience, maybe 5-6 times a year for 2-3 years. We booked this climb as part of our Out West vacation, and it was our first outdoor rock climb. Our guide Logan was early to our climbing time and so we got geared up right away. The equipment was almost BRAND NEW and very well cared for the entire day. Before we knew it, we were doing the Silver Spoon slab climb. Logan was great with my kids and was incredibly positive and encouraging the whole day. He also made Safety a top priority by double checking our tie-ins and harnesses frequently. He filled us in on lots of the park geology and climbing history. He let my daughter, slightly more advanced, learn to 'read the rock" and mostly let her choose her own paths, jumping in to help only when she needed it. He gave my son more encouragement and lots of suggestions throughout the climb. He did a good job of choosing routes that we could successfully accomplish, but also challenged us to learn new techniques. We could have stayed all day! Garden of the Gods was a great place to do our first outdoor climb, and there's no one who I would have trusted with my kids more than Logan!

1  Thank David M
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Staff from Front Range Climbing taught a Boy Scout Climbing Merit Badge class this past weekend at Red Rock Canyon. My son had a wonderful time and learned so much about climbing. The staff members present were professional, fun, knowledgeable and very motivating. Despite some initial fears, the staff encouraged all of the boys and, at the end of the day, all had successfully completed the extensive requirements associated with the badge. Thank you all for the time that you spent with the boys and the wonderful experience that you gave them.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Had a really good time during my half day ice climbing trip with my son and son-in-law. Making the reservation with Front Range Climbing was easy and the staff were very friendly. We had several options available as to climbing locations and were able to climb close to home. All communications were clear and occurred when promised. Steve, our instructor, showed up at the meeting location early and was well organized. Steve's instructions and advice were clear and concise. Steve was very friendly, had a good sense of humor and showed a great deal of patience. We learned solid top rope ice climbing basics and were each able to get in a lot of laps on the ice. Our group had a range of experience and ability but were all able to learn something and challenge ourselves a bit. Everyone enjoyed the experience and we look forward to going again.