“Very nice”

Colorado Springs Marriott
Ranked #37 of 103 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Beautiful views of Piles Peak, close to the Garden of the Gods, great conference facilities, extremely thoughtful and nice staff. Last night we saw a double rainbow!

Only negative is that while here on conference being gluten free was somewhat problematical. The kitchen staff just assumed that I could eat off the buffet just with the GF foods. Cross contamination is a huge issue and kitchen staff should be more aware.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
cosmc, Manager at Colorado Springs Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Staff service to our guest is something we take great pride in and any failures are taken very seriously. We are working on our procedures for guests with special dietary needs.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Front desk staff is commendable. Bar is not stocked very well, especially for events. Banquet services are good with facilities but not so much on the food. Nice location, it is an ok hotel, nothing exceptional or terrible.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Staff service to our guest is something we take great pride in and any failures are taken very seriously. We are working daily to improve our service.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Our room was beautiful, spacious and very clean. The bed was super comfortable and the location next to the Garden of the Gods was convenient. The breakfast was outstanding. There is a shuttle available to take you to old town. Cathy in the Concierge lounge provided outstanding service!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zztraveler

Thank you for your kind works and we look forward to your next visit.

Marriott Management and Staff

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Marriott Colorado Springs!!! Michel and his Staff are so customer-oriented and friendly and care about customers! I would highly recommend this hotel over many other Marriott properties I’ve stayed at. I stayed at this Marriott for two months, not just one night. My room was on the 9th floor and had a mountain view. Service was excellent at the hotel and the room was nice and clean and had a fridge. And laundry services were available so it made living there so nice and convenient! The staff was extremely personable, very helpful, and always went out of their way to assist if I needed anything!!! I have been to many other Marriott properties since and not one compares to how friendly Management (Michel) and Staff are; how courteous and caring; and how welcome they make you feel. I truly felt so valued and welcomed here!!! The Concierge's Lounge was always a great place to relax, meet new people, and have great conversation(s). Kathy is by far the most enjoyable, outgoing Concierge around. Sadly enough, the many Marriott Properties (Renaissance included) have not lived up well to the Marriott reputation. I would say if you like what the Marriott is supposed to represent, as noted on their home page, “Since 1927, Marriott has been known for a culture that puts people first” then this is the place to stay!! The hotel is near the highway (25) which makes it convenient to get to local restaurants and attractions. I would definitely stay at this hotel again when visiting Colorado Springs. I wish I could take this Marriott everywhere when I travel…!!!

Room Tip: The Colorado Mountains are superb!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel is OK, but I really thought it would be nicer. The rooms are fair. The sheets on the bed looked clean but had stains. The furniture is fine, but looked like it has seen its day. My biggest complaint though is with the concierge lounge. I am a Gold Member, and I was annoyed that this Marriott's concierge lounge is not fully accessible. They actually lock everyone out except for certain hours. You can't go in as you please for tea or soda or a piece of fruit. The attendants in the lounge were frantically trying to keep breakfast and happy hour items stocked. In both situations, they continuously ran out of things and I had to ask them to restock certain items such as juice, hot water, milk, etc. This place needs to make some improvements in both customer service and appearance.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Staff service to our guest is something we take great pride in and any failures are taken very seriously. You can be assured it would be addressed and I very much apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused. We are scheduled for a renovation 1st quarter 2015, we continue to work on our service.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Marriott. Our room was on the 8th floor and had a mountain view. Service was excellent at the hotel and the room was nice and clean and had a fridge. The hotel is near the highway (25) which makes it convenient to get to local restaurants and attractions. The only annoyance was housekeeping. Rooms were cleaned late and once ours was overlooked. We just made it a point to call guest services and tell them to clean our room just before we left for the day. I would definitely stay at this hotel again when visiting Colorado Springs.

Room Tip: High up with mountain view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We were down for the weekend and the Broadmoor was full. This hotel is ok. Its a little dated for a Marriott. The outdoor pool looks cool in the pictures, but was dated and had lots of leaves in it once we were there. The staff was very nice and the lobby/bar was ok but a little cramped. The rooms are ok although a little on the small side. The breakfast was "blah" but they threw it in for free so I can't complain. The views are very nice. The prices were good especially vs the Fairfield and Residence in, so I guess you get what you pay for.

It wasn't bad and our kids had fun, it just is dated and needs a remodel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nomzeerd

Marriott Colorado Springs has a planned renovation 1st quarter 2015.