“Great family experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Paint the Town

Paint the Town
More attraction details
Owner description: Family Friendly Paint & Party Studio"Fun Art, Not Fine Art"Fun for the whole family! Paint Your Own Canvas!The happiest place ever!Where Art & Heart Collide! Everyone is welcome! Check out our scheduled events!
Joplin, Missouri
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great family experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Our 1st grader is a burgeoning artist, so we thought this would be a nice way to spend a family afternoon on a recent trip to Colorado Springs. Staff was knowledgeable and friendly. Our daughter picked an American girl hot air ballon painting to imitate, while the adults picked a Colorado mountain view which now is proudly displayed in our breakfast nook. Just great memories!

Visited June 2014

51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Very family friendly place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

I've tried one of the other painting places in C. Springs, but what drew me in was the "open studio" times when you can choose ANY painting- there are probably 100 to choose from. This was great! I was curious how the instructor could possibly teach a different painting for each student, but she did great. When you arrive, you can look through their entire selection, choose a painting, and then a staff member will give you the correct paint for which ever painting you choose, they even give you the option of making changes to customize your painting. Then, they help you start with the first steps to get started. As you complete each step, there are instructors walking around to give you encouragement and advise you how to proceed. My nine year old loved it! The instructors were very kind and encouraging. We will definitely be back! The only other difference I noticed was that this studio does not serve drinks. I wasn't bothered by this, as I wanted the experience to be focused on "family-time." But, I would have purchased soda or water if it was offered.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Catherine H
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Best painting party place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

Out of all the painting party places I enjoyed this one the most. The best part about this place is you pick whichever painting you like and you get lots of individual instruction. It is also one of the most affordable. Although the other places are good too; what's most important to me is going home with a pretty piece of artwork I did, not getting drunk on wine. Some of the other lessons elsewhere seem to take forever because they want you to drink as much as possible.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank furiousrose38
“Awesome experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

My wife and I have gone on several occasions...we love this place! Neither of us are painters yet the owner Bev walks us through each step of the process and to our amazement we walk away with a masterpiece every time. If you are artistic you are free to work on your own creation. Everything you need is provided for you and they even clean up your mess. This place is relaxing and fun!

Visited July 2013
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“A Great! Family afternoon-I'll definitely go again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012 via mobile

Paint The Town is a marvellous family friendly painting studio. You get to pick one of the 100's of sample paintings and the owner guides you step by step. All skill levels are welcome. Even though we came in as a group, we all got to do a different painting. The service is lovely and cleanup is done for you--no cleaning brushes. Kids can chalk draw on the pavement and hula hoop in the courtyard area if they finish early. We had so much fun!