Courtyard Colorado Springs South
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Quality Inn South(Colorado Springs)
  • Pool
View Hotel
TravelStar Inn & Suites(Colorado Springs)
View Hotel
Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center(Colorado Springs)
Stagecoach Motel(Colorado Springs)
View Hotel
All reviewstypical courtyardfront desktoilet showerparking lot was well litnice hotelroll away bedbusiness stayquiet stayconference roomhousekeeping staffguest roomsstaying at this hotelbed was very comfortableconvenient locationindoor poolwonderful stayup to date
Reviewed 9 September 2011

We had a wonderful time in Colorado Springs and this hotel was a key ingredient. Everything about our stay was perfect. The room was spotless. The facilities were great. We enjoyed the pool and whirlpool. All in all, what we've come to expect from Courtyard.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2011

We were in town Labor Day weekend for our nephew's wedding. The Courtyard was priced higher than most of the other hotels, but we booked there because we like the Courtyard brand, and breakfast was included in our nightly rate. After a series of numerous errors at check-in, our stay was fine. But, they could certainly improve their staff working the front desk.

As I was checking in, the gentleman at the desk told me that due to some renovations taking place, our breakfast would be discounted. I explained that breakfast was included in our reservation, and he immediately became defensive. He first said that he did not see it in our reservation, then stated that this Courtyard did not participate in "those type of promotions" and we would have to pay. I explained that I had booked directly from the Marriott website, and when I showed him the confirmation on my iPad, he said he would make an "exception."

He then wrote our room number on the key envelope, and gave us our keys. When we arrived at our room, the key would not work. My husband swiped it several times, and then the room door quickly swung open....the room was already occupied! And the current guest wasn't too happy that we were trying to get in!

Again, I go back to the front desk. I explain what happened, and he simply said he didn't know why he wrote that number down. As he was giving me our new set of keys, I told him he should probably call the disrupted guest and let him know what happened. Hopefully, he did.

We finally arrived at our room, and found it to be two queen beds, instead of the King we had requested. At this point, I was too frustrated to say anything.

Again, the hotel is your typical Courtyard, and is perfectly fine. It was simply the actions of one desk clerk that made our "first impression" less than stellar.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GoodGrayvee
Reviewed 5 August 2011

This is a great hotel. Clean and neat. Good staff. Pikes Peak is the backdrop for this hotel!
Just beautiful when you walk outside. Close to Garden of the Gods, Manitou Springs, Seven Falls and other attractions. Nice area and shopping very close by.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank MaMa2sis
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This was a last minute choice coming into Colorado Springs and as it turned out a great one.

LOCATION-
I wanted to be minutes away from Manitou Springs, which is where the Cog Rail to Pikes Peak is located. While this wasn't in the immediate vicinity, it turned out to be just fine..... because I had a car. It's roughly a 15 minute painless drive. Garden of the Gods is easily reached as well. Also near the hotel are several restaurants (walking distance), and a shopping center a couple of blocks over. Great area.

STAFF-
Extremely welcoming, helpful, and friendly.

ROOMS-
Very much in keeping with the Courtyard standard. Comfy & clean.

No complaints whatsoever regarding this hotel. It was a good choice for a last minute stay and would more than likely stay again if I return to the area.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2011

I stayed at the Courtyard Colorado Springs South for 10 days in July 2011. The staff was excellent -- always friendly and willing to go the extra mile. The hotel, on the whole was decent and with a few updates I would have given it the full five circle rating.

The PROS:
- Excellent Staff. As I mentioned, the staff is superb. From the moment I arrived, they were nothing by courteous and efficient and really went out of their way to cater to every request. The best Marriott staff I've ever encountered.
- Balcony. My room, though not all rooms, had a small balcony with a sliding glass screened door. I hate hotel windows that don't open and to have an actual opening door with a small balcony with chairs and a tiny table was a nice treat. I sat out on the balcony on the 4th of July and watched fireworks.
- Free high speed wireless internet. I read other reviews that said that the Internet was slow. This was not my experience. I used the free high speed internet every day during my stay and found it to be fast and easy to connect.
- Breakfast staff. The breakfast was not free, but the staff was superb.
- Cleanliness. The overall hotel was clean.

The CONS.
- The exercise room is a joke. It contains two treadmills and an eliptical machine that work OK and a Universal weight machine that looks like it was bought used from a high school that was throwing it in the trash. It was so bad I couldn't use it for fear I would hurt myself. The handles were broken off, it was corroded, parts didn't move. It's a law suit waiting to happen. ARE THEY KIDDING!!!
- The first night, I noticed that my bed vibrated subtly periodically and the next morning it had shifted a foot to one side so the mattress was almost falling off. I was alone so it wasn't anything I was doing ... It took me a few days to figure out that it was the neighboring room's air conditioner that was causing this. This has to be fixed.
-Water pressure in shower was weak. I understand there was a drought in Colorado all summer so maybe they turned the pressure down, but still ...
-There was a variety of food items for sale in the lobby (each room has a small frig and microwave). The variety was about as unhealthy as could be imagined. It's a carb, sugar and gluten-lover's paradise. This may be standard Marriott fare. I don't know if the individual franchisee's have any say in it, but a few healthier choices would make a big improvement.
-Beds with super soft with too soft pillows in my opinion.

Room Tip: Some rooms have balconies, some don't. Take this into consideration.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo