“Great location for visit to Pike's Peak and Garden of the Gods”

Courtyard Colorado Springs South
Ranked #35 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Hartwell, Georgia
“Great location for visit to Pike's Peak and Garden of the Gods”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

We enjoyed a weekend stay at the Courtyard by Marriott in Colorado Springs South. Super convenient to Pike's Peak cog railway and Garden of the Gods. Great service and staff at a great price. There was a nice happy hour and cool seating areas in the lobby/bar and the room was spacious and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Slovak first
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott for the Pike's Peak race. The stay was comfortable and terrific, and I never was in need of anything. Gene was great! And, I especially enjoyed the wide range of breakfast options. I highly recommend this place for all occasions!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

This courtyard is off the highway (which is nice) and next to 2 restaurants (one a steak house, the other a Macaroni Grille). The lobby is new but when we came in to check-in there was no one there (?) Everything was clean and the staff polite.
The bed was amazing, and the water pressure great.
Only downside was a little creeping of the floors (next door?) and being able to hear slightly (when extremely quiet).
The room has darkening shades which is a nice touch - super dark in the a.m.
The Bistro was nice in the morning - great food as always - Starbucks is nice.
If I'm in the area again, I would stay here because it's extremely affordable ($99), clean, and I love the Bistro (in every Courtyard). :)

Room Tip: Choose a ground floor room if a lot of luggage as there is just one small elevator (and of course ve...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Lincoln
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

Staff was extremely friendly, and helpful. Not only the room but the entire property was clean. Pool and hot tub was refreshing and gave the kids some time to be crazy. There's and couple restaurants next door to have a good dinner or lunch. Good location to area attractions.

Room Tip: 3rd floor on west side gives uoj a great view of the mountains.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Fort Gibson, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

First of all, it starts with great people. No matter how cool the surroundings are or what a great deal you got if you don't have great people making it an awesome experience, then it just was less then awesome. And for me it started with Bree Martz, the sales coordinator with this property and it continued with great front desk staff and so on. Under normal circumstances I would of given a very good status but these guys earned the EXCELLENT because of the personal service.
My personal example? I had to grab a taxi to the event I was working at. Paid the taxi and my wallet fell out in the cab rather then tucking into my back pack. Cabby takes it back to the hotel where he picked me up. Bree immediately calls me after checking the ID and cutely says, "are you missing anyting, like your wallet?" I say no, she says, check again, OMG! I have lost my wallet!! No problems she says, we will run it straight over to your location. Wow, that is service with a smile.
It got an A on the comfy cozy meter and I look forward to staying there again!

Room Tip: Visit with the front desk folks. It's obvious they want to go beyond checking you in and out an...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Colorado Springs, CO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

Stayed here one night in June during the Waldo Canyon fire. Everything is modern and clean. The large room was very comfortable with king-size beds (2), nice furniture, flat-panel TV, and fully-adjustable air conditioning.

This is also a good location for visiting the sights around Colorado Springs. It is a decent part of town and appears secure. There are a couple of good restaruants right next to this property.

What I did not like about this hotel is that there was no fridge or microwave in the room. It did have a small coffee maker. Breakfast is available but it is an extra charge. I did not use the pool but it looked nice.

Room Tip: There are no views on the west side of this building, just a business building next door. The east s...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

Had problems with my reservation (seems to be common for Co. Springs). Apparently, a huge hail storm forced a massive influx of insurance adjusters to the area. Evidently, Marriot decreed that this hotel must accommodate these individuals and oust everyone else. So, about a week prior to arrival, I received a call/email explaining that my reservation was moved to a different hotel. As this was unacceptable for me, I called and explained they'd have to keep me there. They relented and everything appeared to be good in the universe. However, on my arrival, they had mysteriously forgot the conversation I had the week before and explained that my reservation had been moved to the other hotel. Not happy, I explained the situation once again. The front desk person (who was actually the woman I spoke with the previous week), began to get agitated as I expressed my displeasure. After several minutes, they found a room to put me in, but it felt as if it was a struggle to get there.

The hotel lobby is great and has a lot to offer. Particularly nice is the business area where you can print out your boarding pass. The room I had was terrible. I was situated right above the lobby and every time the sliding doors opened/closed, I could hear them. It wasn't exactly the most restful sleep. But, I can imagine that other rooms are better.

Room Tip: Don't stay in a room above the entrance!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business