Courtyard Colorado Springs South
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Quality Inn South(Colorado Springs)
  • Pool
View Hotel
TravelStar Inn & Suites(Colorado Springs)
View Hotel
Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center(Colorado Springs)
Stagecoach Motel(Colorado Springs)
View Hotel
All reviewstypical courtyardfront desktoilet showerparking lot was well litnice hotelroll away bedbusiness stayquiet stayconference roomhousekeeping staffguest roomsstaying at this hotelbed was very comfortableconvenient locationindoor poolwonderful stayup to date
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I've stayed in Courtyard's before. I know for the most part these hotels have more of a business clientele... but when your in Co Springs right next to the mountains I would expect that they experience the tourist family like we were. This hotel has a great location to get most anywhere in the area quickly. Room was decent enough - large and accommodated. As with other Courtyards... the food selection is limited at the hotel (business folk are out and about... so they don't keep a kitchen open all day and what they have is limited to Marriott planned offerings - just like every other Courtyard you'll stay at). The issue we had was w/ the cleaning crew. Our room was not picked up on consecutive days. The first day - after leaving at 8 that morning - we arrived back at roughly 4:30 that afternoon to a room that was not yet cleaned. The family was tired... so we had to ask for new towels and coffee. On the second day - we left at a similar time and returned at around 7 in the evening to a still not cleaned room. To our surprise - *a* do not disturb sign was on our door. My wife and I both checked the morning before we left to make sure there was nothing on the door - and there was not. Once inside the room - *our* do not disturb sign was still hanging on the inside handle. So... I had *two* do not disturb signs and a dirty room. Front desk was not helpful... no apology. Nothing. This Courtyard needs to understand that they do have tourists coming in and better accommodate their needs and schedules.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank whitescATX
Gene A, General Manager at Courtyard Colorado Springs South, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear whitescATX,

Thank you for completing a review on our property. While experiences such as yours are exceedingly rare, they are equally important for us to hear about. First and foremost, please accept my apology for the inconvenience you experienced. While we do have many guests that are business travelers, we are very much a leisure hotel in the Summer. When we have a full house, our suite attendants are at times servicing guestrooms until 5pm. They are typically completed in order (if available) or if there is a request for early service. As for the do not disturb sign, there are numerous plausible possibilities for that, but it would be speculation. In any event, our staff will typically not enter a room or knock on a door with a do not disturb sign, unless there is an emergency. Once again, we are sorry for the less than stellar experience and thank you for the feedback. I will share it with our staff during our daily meeting to ensure that these concerns are addressed.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed here several nights with the family. Admittedly we don't normally stay at Courtyards so may have a different expectation (prefer HGI but couldn't get a room). We reserved a king bed with a sofa bed for the four of us and the family was disappointed the minute they saw the room. I've never seen a smaller room in this category outside of Tokyo. No way they should book this as a four person room. Housekeeping was really inconsistent. For example even though we were obviously using the sofa bed they took the sheets and didn't replace them. Oddly there was no trash can anywhere near the bathroom which was quite awkward. The sofa was one of those curved back types we did not find comfortable. Was ok for the kids though. Compared to HGI the breakfast choices were quite limited and not well cooked. The Starbucks coffee was good. We tried to get drinks one evening and that was really slow. They only had one person to cover both the front desk and the Bistro the whole time we were there. One woman waited 20 minutes for her food order. So the lobby wasn't a happy place the one evening we used it.

The remodel does look modern but if this is typical of a new Courtyard we will avoid them for family travel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Road_Fun_Fam
Gene A, General Manager at Courtyard Colorado Springs South, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Road Fun Fam,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on Tripadvisor and Yelp. I am so sorry that you did not have a great experience and I will bring your concerns to our staff to ensure that these issues are not repeated. As you can see from our strong record of reviews, this is by no means typical of an experience at our property. It is nonetheless a serious concern for me. We work hard to provide an excellent experience to all of our guests and I am truly sorry that you did not catch us at our best. As for the room size, I agree that it is not the ideal room type for a family of 4 and we don't market it as such. We have a number of other room types that are larger and more conducive to sleeping 4 comfortably. However, for the business traveler, this is always our most popular room. Once again please accept our sincere apology for not meeting your expectations.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is a nice Courtyard hotel. We just had one night so it worked fine for us for the most part. I was disappointed that there was no hot tub. I don't think I have ever stayed at a Marriott that didn't have one and I've stayed at many Courtyards and Fairfields. It is a basic hotel for sleeping needs, nothing fancy at all. I am giving this four stars only because the service was excellent. When we called for extra towels in the evening, they were brought up immediately. The breakfast was delicious and the service at the restaurant far exceeded my expectations of a Courtyard. Front desk staff was super kind and helpful too!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gelika

Dear Gelika,

Thank you so much for the kind review of our property. I am so glad that you had a nice experience and impression of our property and staff. Feedback like yours really helps validate the hard work that our staff does in maintaining the property and providing memorable guest experiences. Sorry about the hot tub. I will pass on your kind words to our staff and hope you will come and see us again when your travels bring you back to Colorado Springs. Safe Travels!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The rooms appear to have been recently renovated and were nicer then most..Courtyards. We had a king room with a small sofa. The front desk staff was friendly and courteous ion check in and out. The maid staff never serviced our room. We left o the room about 10 am and when we came back late in the evening it hadn't been cleaned. The first morning we were there we were woken by loudly Spanish speaking maids. The location was good a few minutes from the highway and least then ten to zoo.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jyssica S

Dear Jyssica S.,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. As you mentioned we recently completed a major rooms renovation and are very pleased with the results. I am truly sorry that you had a cleaning and noise issue that detracted from your enjoyment of the property. This is a very unusual occurrence and I will follow-up with our staff to detrmine what could have happened and to ensure that it does not occur in the future. I hope that you will give us another chance to gain your trust on your next visit to Colorado Springs.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed here for an overnight stop while exploring the wonderful state of Colorado. The hotel was very easily accessible from the highway and had a couple restaurants within walking distance. They only had a small Bistro in house with a very limited menu. They did have Starbucks coffee available and the chai tea latte was great. We were in a newly remodeled room on the ground floor. It had sliding glass doors that opened up to a very nice patio area looking out on the courtyard area. The beds were very comfortable and the hotel was very clean. The young lady checking us in was very professional but needed to be a little more friendly. Smile!! Check-in and Check-out were quick and painless. Free wi-fi and parking!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tsbritt

Dear Tsbritt,

Thank you the nice review of our property. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us...and the Starbucks Chai Tea:) It is nice to hear all of your positive impressions, but equally as important to hear constructive feedback to help us grow. We will keep working on the smiles :) Please come back and see us the next time you are in "the Springs" Safe travels!