“Will stay again!”

Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs
Ranked #22 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed 10 December 2013

the room was very nice and the staff were even nicer!! I did find a little mildew in the grout of the tub surround, and for some reason did not qualify for the free breakfast like at the Hilton in Sidney Ohio but oh well! Very safe environment for 2 women traveling alone!!!!! My father had emergency surgery and they were the only hotel in the area with a handicap room available for the night we needed! Thank you HIlton another good job!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
SPRINGS_HGI_GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Thank you for the review! As the Trip Advisor reviews are confidential I can't look up the specific reason breakfast was on included but feel free to contact me and I will be happy to let you know.

I am glad the ADA room met your needs and that everything went well.

We hope to see you again!

Regards,

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs

Reviewed 29 November 2013

always enjoy Hilton Garden Inn only use Hilton properties. they even loaned me the use of one of their older style coffee pots so I could brew the brand I drink at home. That help in pleasing their patrons is what sets them apart from the other hotel chains.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
SPRINGS_HGI_GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Thank you for the review! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay. We enjoyed the conversation about the coffee while we figured out the coffee maker situation.

We hope you will be back to stay with us again!

Reviewed 27 November 2013

The beds are glorious - sleep is quick to come! Breakfast was wonderful. We also used the SPA and enjoyed the relaxation. The staff was helpful and immediately responded to requests (mainly for a cookie!) We stay at this HGI every year we are in the Springs and look forward to the next visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
SPRINGS_HGI_GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Thank you for the trip Advisor review. We greatly appreciate you sharing your feedback on line!

We look forward to having you as our guest again.

Regards,

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I have stayed at this hotel previously and found it to be good. This trip started with the front desk person sick as a dog, coughing all over everything, and still touching the pen, keys, etc. without any sanitizer. I am not a germaphobe, but it was not a good start. The heat in my room was off in my room and it was 58 degrees. The rooms could also use a little sprucing up for the price.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
SPRINGS_HGI_GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Thank you for the Trip Advisor review and then also exchanging emails with me after the stay. I apologize again that this stay was different than your previous stays. We certainly look forward to having you with us again!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

My group stayed here this past weekend. We were so pleased with everything. The beds were super comfy, the staff was so attentive and friendly. Loved the breakfast in the morning and the kitchen crew.
The hotel is nicely appointed and the location is so handy. They have made some updates to the lobby from the last time we stayed there and they are very nice. We will definitely come back!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
SPRINGS_HGI_GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

We are so pleased you emjoyed your stay with us and that you like the changes we are working on in the lobby. I can't wait for the new furniture and flooring which is part of our next phase.

We certainly look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I arrived at around 10 pm. Then I stood in the air lock along with another customer and a pizza delivery guy for 20 minutes while we waited for someone to answer the phone and let us in the hotel. Hey - at least they were friendly. Once in the door, the first thing I notice is the smell---rancid grease. There apparently is some sort of grill/restaurant right in the front that makes the whole place smell. At the front desk, the woman asked, "Is there something I can do for you?" Well...not to be difficult, but it's after 10 pm, I'm standing at a hotel front desk with a giant suitcase and a briefcase in hand. I wasn't there to clean the carpets. For five minutes, she attempted to find my reservation. Apparently unable to read the name on my credit card, she attempted four improvised versions of my last name and kept assuring me I was not in the system. She didn't wish to see my confirmation email on my iphone for help.

Later that evening, I realized there is no hair dryer in my room. I looked everywhere! Since I have waist length thick hair, I'm starting to get concerned about how I'm going to get ready for my business meeting in the morning. I called the front desk where a gentleman told me, "They're under the sink." I assured him there was nothing under the sink, hanging from the bathroom door, in the closet or in the bar. He then offered to come to my room to show me where the hair dryer is. Hmmm...I'm pretty sure I've done a thorough search. He is not willing to send a hair dryer up.

I sit on the end of the bed to ponder my situation and, OMG, the other end of the bed flies up in the air dumping me off the bed. I resolve to sleep very carefully so as not to be catapulted out of the bed again. Speaking of the bed, tattered ratty looking bedding.

The next morning, I called the desk again hoping to get a different staff person. Nope. Same guy. I asked him to please have a hair dryer sent up to my room. With a very loud, very long sigh, he said he thought he could do that. Exasperated at this point, I said, "Knock yourself out. Thanks." The hair dryer arrived a few minutes later.

That night, after a long day on my feet, I decide to take a hot bath. Not happening. Apparently the drain closure thing-a-ma-jig is broken. I tried it up, down, sideways, in the middle, left, right, etc. I even texted my husband to see if he had any ideas. When I notified the front desk the next morning, they said they'd try to have maintenance look at it the next day. Apparently, there just wasn't time today, but great news...there'll be someone available next week.

I don't recommend this hotel. It seems very low quality for a Hilton chain. They don't even have PPV movies. Oh, and best part of the whole trip? whiskers in the bathroom sink...eeewww

Room Tip: Ask for a Pikes Peak view. Check your room over carefully before unpacking
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write such an extensive review. I am so sorry that you experienced so many challenges during your visit with us. Unfortunately I am unable to look up any information regarding your stay or room as Trip Advisor is anonymous. I would certainly love to discuss this visit with you when/if you have time. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

As the title of my review says, I think it's a good hotel for the most part, but it stumbles in one major area: The quietness of the rooms. I'm not talking about exterior noise-I think the surrounding area was quiet, but I'm also saying that with the qualifier that we were on the side of the hotel that was farthest from the main road. I'm talking about easily heard noise from adjoining rooms and air conditioner/heater noise. There are thin walls and the rooms were equipped with one of those loud wall unit type heater/air conditioner units, which we had to turn off at night so that it wouldn't kick on and continually wake us up. This could really be an issue when the temperature really drops and you really need that heater. We were lucky on this trip in that the weather was unseasonably warm throughout our stay. I thought the buffet/cooked to order breakfast was very good and the serving staff and chef were outstanding. All of the other staff were equally outstanding and very friendly. The location on Briargate Parkway was good, but sometimes it was very difficult/dangerous to turn left from the hotel since there is no traffic signal and Briargate is a major street (six lanes wide at that point if I recall correctly). This depended on what time of day it was. One plus was that there is a retail center directly across from the hotel with restaurants, a Starbucks, and a number of retailers, but again, you have to negotiate busy Briargate Parkway to shoot across to it. Another issue that we had was with the pillows, which actually our entire group commented on (we had booked 5 rooms for a wedding that we attended). Everyone had issues with the comfort of the pillows. One was not enough, two was too thick. I think that they were too soft? Anyway, Those are the reasons for the non-excellent ratings in those categories. Would I stay here again? I think the noise and pillows would give me pause.....

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the review and for filling out the SALT survey through the Hilton system. Again, I do apologize for the noise and distraction.

As I mentioned in our other correspondence, please feel free to ask for an alternate pillow type during any future visit and we will try finding something more accommodating.

Thank you for deciding to host the wedding rooms with us!