“a good place to stay”

Ranked #23 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Oakland, United States
“a good place to stay”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

In collorado springs stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. Good price, service and location.I would highly recommend to any business or personal traveler. The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly and there are good ammenidies. a good place for individuals or families

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

SPRINGS_HGI_GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you so much for the Trip Advisor review. We are happy to hear the hotel fit your needs!

We look forward to having you as our guest again.

Regards,
Shannon Arwood-Dionese

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Arabic first
Arvada, Colorado
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We had 20 family members stay at this Hilton in Colorado Springs and some stayed for 6 days. They were so accomodating to us and from what I heard, everyone was very pleased with this hotel. It is located in a beautiful area with excellent views of the Air Force Academy and the Front Range.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

SPRINGS_HGI_GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you so much for allwoing your review to be posted. We really enjoyed having teh Family Reunion at the hotel and hope everyone made it home safely!
Albuquerque, United States
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Booked way in advance so received an excellent rate for such a reputable franchise! Stayed here in the past and based on this visit, will stay here again in the future! The location is next to a wonderful strip mall and when they found out I am an USAFA parent, they gave me a coupon for a free breakfast!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Rachel F. N
SPRINGS_HGI_GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for the feedback! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and we would love to congratulate you on being a new USAFA parent!
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We had an enjoyable stay recently when my family was in Colorado Springs for my son's hockey tournament. The breakfast was good, although pricey if you don't have a voucher. The staff was friendly with good check in and check out experiences. The rooms were very noisy and we were able to hear everything above, below and next to us as well as the hallway. It's located near a nice little shopping area across the street with several good dining options. Overall a good but not great experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for the valuable feedback. I hope that the other guests weren't too disruptive.

Excelellent point about the breakfast. While many of your negotiated accounts may include breakfast, our Family and non-business travelers, should look for the Bed and Breakfast rate plan which offers the Full Cooked to Order breakfast at half the cost. While $9.95 can't be beat for an all inclusive and all you can eat breakfast, the Bed and Breakfast includes 2 kids up to twelve years of age at no additional cost.

We hope to have an opportunity to have you as our guest again!
United States
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Great place to stay, Food was good fresh fruits serve cereals bacon and pancake eggs . The room is very quite and clean. I am impressed because they have Keurig machine with different selection of coffee and tea. The bathroom is very clean. Staff are very helpful and friendly. The place is closer and convenient to the Mall . There is a place for the family to stay and hang out . This place is five star for me. I used to stay in another brand hotel and I after so many years there service declined. This is very best place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

3 Thank Amor C
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you will be staying with us again at some point in time.

I will be pleased to share your feedback with our team!
Nashville
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I'm writing this review on behalf of my boss and other employees who have stayed here over the years. It is the closest most convenient hotel to our corporate location so we use it a lot. However, convenience really isn't enough to compensate anymore. In the last year I've received reports from various folks staying there that the quality and service just isn't being kept up. The rooms and carpeting are overdue for refreshing and the AC has gotten much noisier over the years. This has been noted by all the employees staying there.

My boss just stayed there last week for the second time in 45 days and he said that the exercise equipment was not functioning and that the coffee in the lobby had a stale taste to it both times. He did say that the rooms and the bathrooms are clean and that they still replenish the amenities daily and there is a coffee maker in the rooms so that has remained a good point.

The latest little snafu is what has me questioning this hotel. My boss is very good about getting me his receipts so I can file his expense report in a timely manner. His hotel bill reflected one amount but when the charges from the hotel hit his credit card bill they were $20 over the amount shown. I of course called the hotel and they assured me that this was just the amount that they held in "reserve" for incidentals and that it had been released the morning of his departure. And if the credit card company would just fax them a release notice they would get it all taken care of.

I called the credit card and they assured me that no, this was not a hold it was an actual charge. After several call-backs the manager told me that my boss would be credited $10 in the next couple of days. I reminded her that the charge was $20 and she blamed the error referencing someone else's stay. So seems they now "hold" money on your credit card and it is up to you to be sure that the receipt you receive matches your credit card charge.

Up until now I would have recommended this hotel since it has been so good for us for so long. But things have really changed and I can't really say that anymore. Sorry.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank redhead317
SPRINGS_HGI_GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed response regarding your boss's experience at the hotel on his most recent visit.

I greatly enjoyed speaking with you on the phone and apologize again with the mishap regarding the credit card. I wish it was something we could have seen in the system for an easier find of the error. As I mentioned, the company that processes are cards should have processed that error last night and you will see that return of the $20 overage within the next couple days.

It is certainly never our intention to displease any guest and we certainly value your business. Occasionally, we do need to have outside vendors work on our equipment, like the treadmills, and it is definitely a pain. The treadmills are completely up and running as of 4:30pm yesterday. As always, in the interim, we continue to offer the complimentary passes to our YMCA.

I am thrilled to let you know that we will be wrapping up our lobby renovation by the end of this year, which began last summer, and rooms are next on the list.

If there is anything else I can do for you, please don't hesitate to call me directly at the hotel.
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Good stay, not great. You can hear everything your neighbors are doing. Great breakfast choices, fresh fruit, made for you eggs, pancakes, French toast, etc. Room is clean, but bathroom shower curtain and shore head not efficient. Overall good stay!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
SPRINGS_HGI_GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for posting feedback on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to offer advice to anyone looking to stay at our hotel.

We hopet o have you as our guest again!

Shannon Arwood-Dionese