We visited Colorado Springs primarily to tour the Air Force Academy, but also to see the local attractions. The Homewood Suites was a reasonably-priced, central location. Our accomodations for two adults and a teen were not spacious - but much roomier than a standard hotel room. The workout room was adequate, and the hotel will make arrangements to use the local YMCA if requested. The pool was also adequate, although always crowded with children. Hotel guests can also use the indoor pool and hot tub at the Hilton Garden Inn next door. We arrived early and requested a view. We were told all the rooms with views were booked, but they would reserve a room on the corner so we could have a partial view of the mountains. We returned after three, but the room was still not ready. When I mentioned we were looking for a view, the front desk staff said that the corner room wouldn't give us a view, and booked us in a room on the first floor with a partial view -- actually very nice. The room was well-appointed. Air conditioning worked well. Cabinets were stocked with plates, cups, glasses, utinsels, pots/pans. There was a coffee maker with packets of coffee. Liked that the bathroom was split with the sink area outside the bath.
We arrived on a Thursday, and dinner (meatball subs, soup, salad, with beer and wine) was served -- all complimentary. (Only available Monday-Thursday.) My only small complaint about the hotel -- I am a Hilton Diamond member and did not receive the usual "welcome" gift -- small oversight.
We visited the local attractions, including a drive up to Pike's Peak, Garden of the Gods, the Focus on the Family visitor's center and tour (located across the street from the hotel), walked around and had lunch in Manitou Springs and Historic Colorado City, and the Olympic Training Center.
Would recommend three restaurants: PJ's Bistro in Manitou Springs, Cheddars about 10 minutes from the hotel and next to a mega-movie theater, and Rudy's (the same Rudy's known and loved in Texas).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated and completely transformed in late 2016, the Homewood Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs-North hotel is rejuvenated and ready to welcome you. Book your stay at this all-suite, extended stay hotel in Colorado Springs and experience world-class service along with upscale accommodations and amenities. Choose a one or two room suite featuring a king or two double beds and a separate living room, along with a fully equipped kitchen. You will enjoy having two flat screen HDTVs, one in the bedroom and one in the living area, plus free Wifi and a full hot breakfast offering a variety of options and served every day. Relax and unwind at the complimentary Evening Social, Monday - Thursday offering small plate items and free beverages, including beer and wine. Keep up with your exercise regimen in our state-of-the-art Fitness Center, enjoy an invigorating swim in the outdoor pool, as well as, access to the Briargate YMCA. This Homewood Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs-North located in the prestigious Briargate area is just steps from the Promenade Shops at Briargate, where you can explore 7 restaurants, and upscale shopping, as well as being minutes from the USAF Academy and across the street from Focus on the Family, makes this the perfect Colorado Springs hotel to book your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Colorado Springs North Hotel Colorado Springs
- Homewood Suites Colorado Springs
- Hilton Colorado Springs
- Homewood Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs Hilton
- Colorado Springs Homewood Suites