“Enjoyed this hotel”

Hyatt Place Colorado Springs
Ranked #10 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed 25 August 2014

The hotel is one I'd stayed at in Cincinnati and enjoyed. The rooms are comfortable, the staff is very friendly and the amenities are fine. The GofGods one has an outdoor pool.

Couple points: the location is off I-25 and buried behind a very busy road and a Village Inn. It is hard to find the first couple times and hard to get out of. However, it is quiet. It is very convenient to Garden of Gods park, and Manitou Springs (which has a ton of family activities). it should be only about 15 minutes to Sky Sox park, but very heavy traffic from growth in the area stretches that to close to 30.
The major point is that the Hyatt Place chain is very clearly a business oriented chain. I brought my family and in so many little ways, it is not geared towards families-small bathrooms w/ no privacy area for sink, no microwaves in room; and the breakfast has a lot of issues for kids: heavy silverware, more sophisticated food offerings and an INCREDIBLY awkward seating arrangement.
I do enjoy the chain and the nice large rooms (as others comment on), but would not be in a hurry to pick it for a family unless the price or location was right.

I have stayed in 3 of the Hyatt Places, and they are all virtually identical.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

In a three state trip this was the most expensive and least favorite hotel. While convenient, rooms near the freeway are, obviously, loud. Room we were placed in was slightly different than others at Hyatt Place hotels I've stayed at...not sure why...but did not like the layout. They were short handed when we checked in, so that took what seemed like a long time, though they were very nice. Maybe there is sulfur water there? There was a stinky smell in the bathroom every time we turned on the water. Since we were only there one night, we did not address the issue. Varied breakfast items included with stay, with crowded dining area ( smaller than other Hyatt Places I have been to). I am scratching this one off my list.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

It's been a couple years since I've stayed in a Hyatt Place and I forgot all the things that I really like about them. This property had great friendly service. the person checking me in asked if I wanted to be walked around to be reminded what amenities the Hyatt Place offers. The room layout is great with a divider wall between the bed and the sitting area which has a large comfy couch that also folds out into a bed. I like the trendy design of the rooms that makes good use of the space and provides a very pleasant visual. I also really like the electronics connection panel that makes it easy to connect your laptop to the large-screen TV in the room. I also like that this property was priced about the same as more standard/boring hotel chains in the area.

Room Tip: The hotel is not very loud inside, but it is close to the interstate. Rooms that end in 35, 36 and 3...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Hyatt Place may be my new favorite hotel chain!! Our stay was amazing! The room was very reasonably priced and very spacious. Our family of four stayed four nights in this hotel. We used the pool every day and it was clean and well maintained, our rooms were clean and every employee were were in contact with was very pleasant. The location is perfect! Right of I-25 and within minutes of any of the area attractions! The breakfasts were amazing!! For a free hot breakfast all I can say is WOW!!! Our kids loved the breakfast (and I have to admit us adults did too!). The only negative I have is that the TV stations are limited and not very family friendly. Luckily for us we had brought our Ipad and because of free wi-fi, the kids were able to watch Netflix.

Room Tip: If you want good views of the mountains, choose an upper level room.
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I needed to find a place where I could get some rest and relaxation - away from our young grandkids that are temporarily living with us. The Hyatt Place is very nicely decorated, has a great pool - with very nice lounge chairs - that's not always the case at some hotels, the bed comfort and room configuration are excellent.

I've found that this chain is very consistent in not only their décor and beds, but their staff; they are very attentive and willing to help out with anything you need. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: The south side of the hotel has Pike Peak views. But you'll probably not need that if you'v...
Reviewed 7 August 2014

It is hard to find a reasonably priced room that will accomodate our family of 5. We recently spent two nights at the Hyatt Place in Colorado Springs and Hyatt Place is my new favorite hotel chain. The room was spacious and easily accomodated our family. It was clean and the beds were comfortable. Every person we encountered that worked at this hotel was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good with a nice variety of items. The seating for breakfast is limited but when we were there they had opened the conference rooms for overflow. It was in a great location right off the Interstate with several restaurants close by. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Clean, spacious room with good breakfast that even my picky gluten-free husband enjoyed. Right off the highway so location is convenient. Freddy's Burgers and Frozen Custard sharing the same the parking lot (walking distance) along with other restaurants (i.e. Black Eye Pea) and gas stations nearby.

The beautiful Garden of the Gods is less than 15 minutes' drive away as well as good shopping (R.E.I.) and restaurants in suburban Manitou Springs (about 20 minutes away).

• Stayed: July 2014