“Comfortable home away from home”

HYATT house Colorado Springs
Ranked #11 of 103 Hotels in Colorado Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 March 2011

We were looking for a weekend getaway and while searching online at all the possible hotels I found an awesome deal at the Hyatt Summerfield Suites in Colorado Springs. I booked the suite for 3 nights.

From the moment we arrived, things could not have gone any better! We arrived early and thought it was worth seeing if we could check in early. The front desk clerk was very friendly and professional and accommodated our early arrival and our request to be on the top floor.

When we got to our room we were very pleased! I knew it was a suite with a kitchen, but I still couldn't quite picture it all in my mind. The King Suite was just right! I LOVED having a full kitchen! Full size fridge/freezer with ice maker, 2 burner stove, microwave, toaster, dishwasher, all dishes and cooking supplies! We were able to prepare some meals in our room instead of having to go out to eat.

Their breakfast buffet had a good assortment each morning, from some type of egg dish, to yogurt, oatmeal, fresh fruit, all types of breads, juice, coffee, cereal, a great assortment. The kitchen staff were always very friendly and nice.

The room decor was very modern with a unique floor plan! There is a couch, a desk/work area, and a room divider that separates the bed from the rest of the room. The flat screen T.V. is on a swivel so you can watch it in the living room or the bedroom. Everything was clean, new, and the bed was wonderful! So comfortable!

Our one and only issue was the free WiFi that they offer is not secured. In this day and age, we would really prefer to have password protected internet service.

We will definitely stay in this brand hotel again! It was so much more than just your basic hotel room! It was our home away from home. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Loisdesk
HyattSummerfieldGM, General Manager at HYATT house Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2011

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I appreciate your comments and description of the hotel. We appreciate you staying with us, and taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We hope to see you during your next visit to Colorado Springs.

Reviewed 28 February 2011

I stayed at this property the last week of February to attend the USA Triathlon Race Director certification and LOVED the hotel.

Pros:
Very friendly, attentive staff answered all my questions knowledgeably.
New hotel, very clean in room and common areas
Right off an exit, easy access
Breakfast has a lot of options for all diet types: carb, calorie, clean eating friendly
Shares parking lot with USA Triathlon corporate office, didn't need to drive - how green!
Honored negociated USAT rate
Full kitchenette with big fridge, microwave, two burners, sink.
Near to local hiking/biking trails.
Free WiFi, worked great, no drops.

Con:
Just one that did not affect me. The nearest options for restaurants are a mile away, or so. So if you don't have a car, or find a carpool buddy, don't plan on eating out a lot, bring in food with you.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
HyattSummerfieldGM, General Manager at HYATT house Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this review of our property. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay while visiting USA Triathlon. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you again during your next visit to Colorado Springs.

Reviewed 7 February 2011

I am an active duty military member relocating to Colorado Springs from overseas. This hotel was recommended by my real estate agent during my house hunting trip. I was able to get a great rate (below perdiem) - reduced by a military discount and also for a longer term stay. When I arrived after almost 24 hours of traveling from Japan, check-in was fast and there was a personal note in my room from the staff welcoming me to Colorado Springs and they Hyatt Summerfield along with a local bag of trail mix. The room was clean and spacious with the bed separated from a roomy living area with a nice couch and desk - and the larger walk-in closet was perfect for all of my bags that I was traveling with on my PCS move. This was my homebase for two weeks so I had enough room to settle in a little and not live completely out of my bags. I had a wonderful view of Pikes Peak from my room just as I had requested. I also had a "perfect" view of the highway and train tracks but living on an aircraft carrier has desensitized me to some of those annoyances - so it really wasn't a bother to me at all. In fact I never heard the traffic and only once or twice could I tell that a train was coming through. The bath did have a pipe coming through the ceiling which was possibly left over from a remodel that was kind of strange to me and I think the heating fan was a little loud - but I just got used ot it and looked at it as white noise. The kitchenette did have a full size refrigerator with all of the amenities so I could eat some of my meals in - perfect since I don't really like to eat out that much. The hotel also offered breakfast daily and an evening social (Mon-Thur) with a light fare - which could be considered dinner to me. It was a perfect central location for me on my house hunt and I could easily access the highway and get anywhere in the city fast. Overall, I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay or better service while house hunting. I would recommend this to friends of family if they needed a place to stay on the Springs.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 January 2011

the set up of these rooms was realy great. I love suites. Our daughter had out-patient surgery late in the day, so we decided to stay. the staff is really friendly. Our room was huge, and there was a tv in the living room and the bedroom. The free breakfast was good. The issue was 1) cleanliness-there was something sticky on the kitchen counter. 2) the bathroom-the shower had some weird fan thing above it that ran all night and there was also pipes that were cut off above the shower. We stayed in the hyatt summerfield suites in broomfield, and the bathrooms there are so nice. There is a huge walk in closet between the bathroom and the bedroom, I think that it could be remodeled w/ a bigger bathroom and a smaller closet. overall, I was pleased

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2011

I would definitely recommend this place and would definitely come back - the hotel is VERY clean (and I'm very picky, especially since I have very young children) and the room is spacious and the bathroom was very clean. For the price we paid ($89 / nite), we got our monies worth. Prior to staying here, we were at the Gaylord Texan and paid $189 / nite plus $15 or $16 / day "resort" fee and did not get even half of the service, amenties, cleaniness, etc. that we got here at the Hyatt Summerfield Suites in Colorado Springs.

I HIGHLY recommend this place, especially for families with children. We would definitely come back.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
HyattSummerfieldGM, General Manager at HYATT house Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I thank you for staying with us and sharing comments. We hope to see you again during your next visit to Colorado Springs.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 13 November 2010

This was the best stay I've ever had away from home. I slept comfortably. The rooms were up to date, clean, and comfortable. The staff was very friendly! Most importantly I didn't feel dirty walking into the room. It was very well priced compared to what you get from other hotels. The only thing I would mark the room down on is the train track on one side. I live in the country and am a very light sleeper so anything can wake me up. If you keep the windows closed you can't really hear it. However my son loves trains so it was entertainment for him! All in All I would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2010

The room was even better than we expected, with a small kitchen, a comfy couch, a very nice tv, a walk-in closet, and a great bed. It was exactly what we were looking for, and it's not far from USAFA, the Broadmoor, or the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple