“Hyatt House Colorado Springs”

Ranked #11 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Excellent accommodations, reasonably priced. Rooms are spacious and very clean. Full kitchen is very nice to have. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. The complimentary breakfast and omelet station are great.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed here while I was in town for a wedding. The suite is beautiful and the one great thing is the kitchen with a full size refrigerator, which I loved! However, I booked a king suite and got downgraded to a full size bed and it was hard as a rock! My back hurt so bad after two days and I know I will never stay at this hotel again. Also, the air conditioning unit never turns off, so I hope you like noise. The curtains don't do a great job of keeping out the light either. It's pretty but not satisfactory.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
HYATThouseGM, General Manager at HYATT house Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Donna S,

I would like to start out by apologizing that you were not given the suite type that you had booked. I understand that an incident like that can easily derail your travel experience. I am not sure why this incident occured but I will look into it and get in touch with you regarding what I find out.

I am terribly sorry that the bed you slept on was not comfortable and left you in pain after you checked out. Our property will be undergoing a renovation next month in which beds will be replaced and the suites will get small upgrades. We will be receiving the new HYATT Grand Beds which are very plush and comfortable. I do hope that you will return in the future to try out our new beds and amenities.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Nick Kelley

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We spent 2 nights while site seeing in CO Springs. The front desk staff was friendly. The room was well appointed, the full kitchen and spacious closet were nice. The queen bed was nice, however the pull out sofa bed could be better. When we unfolded it we found the sheets littered with crumbs, appears the sheets hadn't been changed in a while.
The breakfast was good. The grapefruit was especially good. There was a good assortment of cereal, breads and hot food. There was even a chef making omelets.
It's a bit hard to get a large amount of luggage in as there isn't a portico with easy access.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The Hyatt House was not fancy but it was clean and the amenities could not be beat for the price. The studio had a great layout with a full kitchen. The pool and fitness center were really nice and the staff was the bomb. Absolutely can not beat this hotel for the price!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

My family of 5 planned a 5 day stay and due to an air conditioning issue the manager chose to not have us stay in a room that he felt would be unsuitable with the heat. He provided a comparable room at a nearby hotel and paid the entire stay. The hotel tried to charge us for the stay and he went to the trouble of contacting them and made sure our stay was covered. I certainly will stay at the Hyatt House on my next stay in Colorado Springs. Their customer service and willingness to make our stay a successful one was greatly appreciated.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We loved everything about the Hyatt House from check-in to check-out. Very friendly and helpful staff. Rooms were awesome. Full kitchen, wonderful bedding, plenty of room, comfortable living area. Highly recommend. Stayed 1 week. Breakfast and happy hour bar was a wonderful plus

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2014

When I called the front desk 2 hours before the check in time front desk told me you check in but when I reached the Hyatt they didn't allow me to check in even before 1/2 hour of actual check in time

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Srinivasa M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It is with these comments that we are able to grow and improve our level of service.

I truly apologize that you encountered an issue with our Front Desk staff. If you were told that you could check in over the phone you should have been able to do so when you arrived. I am terribly sorry that this incident occured and I completely understand your frustration. I will utilize your comment and frustration to better train our front desk staff to ensure that this issues does not repeat itself.

I do hope that you will return to the HYATT house Colorado Springs in the future.

Nick Kelley