“Comfortable Stay”

Ranked #52 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Sioux Falls, SD
“Comfortable Stay”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Great beds, convenient room with comfortable recliner and kitchenette. The staff was friendly and very efficient - fire alarm went off one night because a guest left laptop on stove burner (?) and started it on fire. The staff handled the situation very professionally, explained what was going on while waiting for the fire department. It was a bit crowded at breakfast but the food was kept in good supply. I appreciated the posting of the Ten Commandments in the front of the building. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: I always feel the top floor is quieter.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank DakotaDolly1
Trevor D, Director of Sales at MCM Elegante Suites, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
DakotaDolly1, I apologize for the tardiness in getting you a response for your kind comments. Thank you so much for everything you posted about our hotel...from the beds to the convenience of having a kitchen in your room to the friendliness of the staff. We try very hard in making sure that every guest, long-term or short-term, has a great stay...and our company has put a lot of thought into making sure it is comfortable and that our guests like the amenities. We are aware that it can get a little crowded in the breakfast area in the mornings and we are working on some solutions for that. I'm very sorry for the fire alarm going off during your stay...I'm glad everyone was okay and I'm glad to report that the people who saved some dogs from the room filled with smoke are okay as well. But again, we are very sorry for the inconvenience. We look forward to hosting you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Employees at front counter not very friendly. They were always in the way back working on something. Always had to call out or wait for them. There is only seating for 6 guests for breakfast which means you need to take it back to your room. Not so good if the rest of your party is still sleeping. Do not get me wrong as everything is ok just not great.

1 Thank Bob B
Trevor D, Director of Sales at MCM Elegante Suites, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
BobB4730, I am sorry for the late reply on your comment about our hotel. I'm glad your stay was good, but we aim for great reviews on our guests' stays and we have already started addressing the opportunities you have made aware to us. We have asked everyone working at the front desk that they need to remain visible so as to help any guests with their specific needs. I'm sorry there wasn't enough seating for you during the breakfast hours. We have a limited space to work with in our lobby and have added very nice patio furniture to the eastside, or front of the hotel, to accommodate any breakfast over-flow traffic that includes cushioned seating and umbrellas. We are very optimistic that this will allow our guests to enjoy breakfast and the fantastic Colorado mornings that are so prevalent during the spring/summer/fall months. We hope you give us another opportunity to give you a great stay...and thank you for pointing out some things that we can work on to make other guests' stays better as well. Have a great day!
Hobbs, New Mexico
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Big hotel with all that you need. Great place to stay staff was good, breakfast buffet (not free) and big clean rooms. The Starbucks is not a real Starbucks so don’t let them fool you. Great place for Family Kids and events.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Edinburg, Texas, USA
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We were visiting an old friend and this hotel was the closest, and the price was bearable. We arrived about 4:00, but the room wasn't ready; we had to drive around for an hour to entertain ourselves. The check-in people seemed to have trouble figuring things out. It was clear that there has been some renovation at this hotel. The room was just fine--clean, comfortable bed, well-lit bathroom. It is meant for extended stay, so there is a kitchen with full-size refrigerator, small stove, microwave, dishwasher, and utensils. The TV had a very sharp picture and worked well. A modest breakfast is included--bread, bananas, cold cereal, bacon, scrambled eggs, sausage, coffee--although the area is so small that it is difficult to get to the food with only a few other people present, and almost no place to sit (extended stay seems to assume people will cook their own breakfast). Upon checkout, the receipt was promised via e-mail, but it hasn't come. The big downside is that there are eight smoking rooms on the 3rd floor. There is a swinging door in the hallway that closes those rooms off, but the smell of smoke was everywhere in the hotel, including in our non-smoking room down another hall. We could tolerate it for one night, but longer than that would have been impossible. I can't believe a snazzy place like Colorado Springs would still allow such a thing. I don't mean to avoid this hotel, but do take the cautionary reviews seriously. It depends upon your preferences and needs.

Room Tip: Ask to be as far away from the smoking rooms as possible.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reservata2, thank you for taking the time to write a description on our hotel and what you liked and didn't like. I'm glad you thought the room was clean, it had a comfortable bed, it was well lite, the TV was excellent, and the breakfast was to your liking. We really value those aspects of our hotel and we continue to provide all of those things to every guest, every day, and at a great rate. I'm sorry you thought the breakfast area was small. Our hotel was of another brand originally and they did not serve the type of breakfast we do now. We have done the best we can with what we have to make sure everyone gets a great breakfast, and we have even added some really nice patio furniture to the eastside, of front of the hotel, for our guests to enjoy breakfast and sunny Colorado mornings. I also apologize for the length of time it took to get you a receipt...I was wondering if you booked on a third party website like Expedia? We give all of our guests their receipts at check-out if they book through us directly. We are not able to provide receipts if purchased through another channel...but I will make sure we continuously have every receipt ready to go each morning so that no guest has to wait if we are to provide it. Lastly, we do try to cater to all guests, including those that smoke. We do the very best we can to make sure the smell stays in that part of the building, but we are also exploring new options as you aren't the only one to bring that to our attention. We hope that you give us another shot at giving you a wonderful stay. Thank you again for your comments! We take them seriously and they are the only way we can get better! Have a great day!
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We booked through Hotwire and this was the hotel it gave us. Arrived 30 minutes before check in and they wouldn't allow us to check in. Other guests checked in ahead and after us, but we had to wait until 3pm. Did not have a room with 2 beds as requested so 3 of us had to share one double bed! My teenage daughter ended up sleeping in the recliner! The room wasn't bad just not what we paid for! The bathroom door latch was stuck so the door didn't close and lock. The full fridge was nice. We did have a nice view of the mountains. All in all not bad. Just not happy with the check in process and not getting the room we asked for.

1 Thank 76JennyRH
Trevor D, Director of Sales at MCM Elegante Suites, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
76JennyRH, thank you very much for taking the time to write some really nice comments on the hotel and its amenities and telling us some of the things we can do better. I'm glad you liked the refrigerator and your view of the mountains...not every one of our rooms has those views! I'm sorry about your check-in experience. We probably had rooms already planned out for the day and pre-assigned...it all depends on when you made your reservation, but I do apologize for that as we should not have checked in anyone before 3pm at all. I hope you alerted the front desk to the latch problem on the bathroom door...I promise we could have fixed that for you right away if we had known about it before you checked out. Also, our hotel does not offer a room with two beds on Hotwire. Unless you left out the correct number of people on your request, I don't see why they would have given you a room with a single bed at our hotel. I would contact Hotwire and ask them why they assigned that room to you. Because you liked the amenities so much and if you ever find yourself heading out this direction again, we would love to have you back and give you the correct room type at a great rate. Thanks again for the kind comments and we look forward to providing you with a fantastic future stay.
Lehi, Utah
Reviewed 25 July 2014

If your expectations are modest, this place is good. Not a lot of frills, but our room was clean, quiet and comfortable. I never expect much from hotel wifi, but this one wasn't too bad for our devices (I didn't attempt streaming). The kitchenette was a bonus (was nice to have a full-size refrigerator). Front desk staff was fine, but not enthusiastic (that's not a black mark, just an observation). Breakfast was decent, but it was odd that there was no seating. We were told that we just get our breakfast and take it back to our room (good thing there's a couple of chairs and a table area in the room). Note: I may be wrong, I got the distinct impression from the layout of the facility and the rooms that this used to be some sort of nursing facility, converted to a hotel (hallways were gradually sloped in places, bathroom door was extra wide, etc). Just a little odd, although it means that I could really recommend this place to older travelers or those with mobility issues.

Room Tip: Be aware that you have to take breakfast back to your room, so the further away your room, the furth...
2 Thank AndyManCan44
Trevor D, Director of Sales at MCM Elegante Suites, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
AndyManCan44, thanks for the wonderful comments about the hotel! We try hard to make sure all guests have a stay that is clean, quiet, and comfortable. I'm glad you thought our WIFI was strong (and yes, you could have streamed if you wanted too, some streams require extra bandwidth to be purchased through our WIFI provider though), and all of our rooms have kitchens exactly like the one you mentioned. Isn't the full-size refrigerator great? Our hotel was formerly of the Candlewood Suites brand, so that explains the seating arrangement for breakfast and the hotel construction. They used to not serve breakfast at all, or had a continental breakfast only. A lot of our guests are long-term stays and do prefer taking their breakfast back to their rooms. There is seating in the lobby though and we recently added outside seating with patio furniture to enjoy the morning weather. Also, your room type may have been ADA-compliant, and we have 17 rooms with those capabilities to accommodate those traveling that might have mobility issues like you mentioned. We do try and accommodate all travelers, and I'm glad we had the opportunity to accommodate you. We have hope you have a wonderful day and thank you again for the wonderful comments!
Fohnsdorf, Austria
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The room was fine with comfortable bed, and stocked kitchen (pots, pans, dishwasher with soap etc). The free laundry room was nice. We stayed for a week and really the biggest complaint was that our non-smoking room was on the same floor as the smoking rooms and we constantly smelled smoke. The breakfast was good but the area we had to eat in was unbelievably small. There was one large table awkwardly placed in the corner and couches and recliners where you had to eat with plate on your lap or use the coffee table. There was probably enough room for seven people to sit. Most people had to take their meal back up to their rooms. There is a smoking area right outside the front entrance. The staff all seem very kind and helpful and were apologetic about the smell of smoke in the room but it was clear I wasn't the first to mention this to them. As it is now, I couldn't recommend it unless you are a smoker who doesn't plan to eat breakfast. If some changes were made then I could see myself staying here again. The location was good and we love to have kitchen facilities in our room.

Room Tip: If you want a true non-smoking room...stay away from the same floor that the smokers are on!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Skjarzo, thank you for saying some very kind words about the hotel and its amenities and for pointing out some things we can improve upon. I'm glad you loved the bed, kitchen in every room, and laundry facility! We love that you loved the bed especially...that is something we pride ourselves on and it is always the first thing replaced when our company purchases a hotel. It is a 13.5" pillow-top Simmons BeautyRest mattress. I'm glad you were able to use the free washers/dryers, the fully stocked kitchens in each room (well said sir!), and the free hot breakfast. Our hotel was formerly of another nationally known extended-stay hotel brand and that is the reason there is limited room in our lobby/breakfast seating area. We have tried to alleviate some of that congestion by adding outside patio furniture so as to enjoy the morning weather. The brand before ours did not serve breakfast at all, so we remodeled the lobby and have tried to make it work as best as possible. A lot of our guests are long-term stays and do prefer to take their breakfast back to their rooms as well. We do apologize for the smell smoke on the third floor as soon as you get off of the elevator. We are one of the last hotels to still offer smoking rooms, as we try to accommodate all travelers and long-term stays, and we have been and will continually search for better remedies to rid the hallway near the elevator of that smell. We try to air out the smoking area behind the door that closes the smoking area off by opening the window at the end of the hall, but sometimes there is a wind from the north that blows and pushes the smell out of the door every time it is opened. We do apologize for any inconvenience with the smell...I do want to reiterate the other rooms on the floor that are non-smoking do not have that smell. It is just the hallway that may or may not have that smell from time to time right in front of the elevator. Thank you again for the kind words and we will continue to work on making our hotel better than ever! Have a wonderful day!