“Great service; great area”

The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel
Ranked #19 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Cochiti Lake, New Mexico, United States
“Great service; great area”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

One of the best in Colorado Springs; Which isn't saying a lot because they have a lot of outdated dirty hotels! It was such a relief to find a clean place to stay. Staff was terrific , breakfast was great. A bit pricey but worth it to find one clean place in Colorado Springs! Really conveniently located for site seeing!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

AntlersHilton, General Manager at The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Learning that the Antlers Hilton Colorado Springs is one of the best hotels you’ve stayed at in the area is an incredible compliment to receive! We’re happy to hear that our spotless accommodations and our Antlers Grille met your expectations. We appreciate you letting us know about your stay and we hope to be your hotel of choice in Colorado Springs.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
Colorado Springs, United States
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I called around to find a hotel that was showing Avalanche playoff game in room. Was told that you would be, so we rented that room. Could not get game in room. My wife is disabled and I wanted for her to watch the game, get room service, etc You know make it nice. We live here in town and could have saved $250.00 by staying at home and not getting the game. When I spoke to the lady that night I was told "well we made the game available to you (in the bar) not addressing the fact that the deal was that it was supposed to be shown in the room because of my wife's disability.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

First and foremost, we offer our deepest apologies that your experience was not everything it should have been. What you had planned for your wife sounds like such a lovely gesture and we’re upset that we let you down. The encounter you’re describing with a staff member is very out of character for us, and we hope you’ll reach out to us directly at your earliest convenience, so we can get more details. Please consider giving our hotel another chance to regain your trust. We appreciate you sharing your concerns with us.
Colorado
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We had a perfectly nice four-day stay at the Antlers Hilton in April 2014, but Karla of Housekeeping made our visit special. My wife left her precious diamond wedding ring on the bathroom counter in our room one day. We were away from the hotel for several hours before she realized her mistake. She was distraught as we rushed back to the hotel and hugely relieved to find the ring right where she'd left it that morning. We asked around and found that Karla had cleaned up our room. I went to thank her, and she said she'd seen that beautiful ring and made herself a mental note to be especially sure the room was securely locked when she had finished cleaning up. Thank you again, Karla, for helping us avert a disaster.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robert S
AntlersHilton, General Manager at The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
It’s wonderful to learn how a staff member helped save the day! We’ll be sure to share your comment with the employee you specifically mentioned; they’ll certainly put a smile on her face. We always have your interests in mind and do our best to make sure your stay goes as smoothly as possible. Your kind words for the Antlers Hilton Colorado Springs are greatly appreciated and we hope to see you again soon.
Wichita Falls, Texas
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Going to be honest, I'm really frustrated with this hotel right now. I'm military and was instructed to reserve a room for my instructor on a trip to Colorado Springs recently. I informed the secretary at the time that my plan could change but he was wanting to stay at this location. I explained that if I cancelled I didn't want to have to pay anything seeing as the reservation was on my credit card. Inevitably the orders changed the day before I was to leave and it took me multiple times calling the hotel to talk to somebody. They would transfer me to different people and then put me on hold for long periods of time and never pick up after hearing I wanted to speak of cancelling. Finally on my fourth or fifth attempt I was able to contact the front desk and when explaining my situation nothing was said of the charge being placed upon me. I specifically asked if it would be taken of because of my predicament and he told me it was taken care of. Sure enough I look one week later and there was a charge for one night at the Antlers hotel. I call again and am transferred to another person that "isn't there currently." I am sick and tired of being given the run around and dealing with untrustworthy people. It is very clear to me that the Hilton hires individuals of low character and no integrity and I will do everything I can in the future to convince others to support other hotel franchises. Sadly Hilton seems to be much more concerned with turning a profit by any means necessary than helping out potential guests.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
First and foremost, we sincerely apologize for the experience you encountered. This is not how we typically do business, and we’re going to look into what happened when you called and share your comments with our team so that improvements are made. Please reach out to our Accounting Department at your earliest convenience; we would love to come to a resolution as soon as possible. We support our troops and hope to have an opportunity to regain your trust in the future.
Colorado
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed at the Antler's Hilton for a few days while in the Springs. We had a room on the 8th floor with a Pike's Peak view - this was nice. Two double beds for the rate we chose. The rooms are average to small - room enough for us, but maybe small for some folks. The beds were extremely comfortable with great linens and pillows. Big, fluffy (and WARM) duvet, supportive but soft pillows, and great sheets - felt sort of like microfiber. There is a train that runs nearby that you will hear if you don't use a sound machine or other white noise. Also the doors are heavy and are impossible to close without noise if you tried, and most people don't try, so I heard a lot of door slams. Otherwise fairly quiet. I would recommend requesting a room away from everyone and the train side if you are a light sleeper. The rest of the room was extremely average - no microwave, no refrigerator, no minibar, etc. There was a small cup-at-a-time coffee maker. The bathroom was also average but clean, nice hot water and big fluffy towels. My impression is that this hotel needs to figure out its identity. It is a historic hotel in a prime location, but besides the lobby, the rest tries to end up somewhere in between an aging hotel (not entirely run down, but evidently aging) and a nice historic hotel. I think it should go one way or the other. They do allow pets for a non-refundable fee, so that is nice. Prices can be fair for the overall amenities and location, depending on the rate you get and when. Parking in garage is expensive ($15 or so per day) and there really isn't anywhere else to park. We didn't try any of the onsite restaurants so can't comment on that - there are so many nearby. If you get a good rate and want to be in a great location, it is definitely worth the stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review of the Antlers Hilton Colorado Springs. We’re glad that our Hilton Serenity Beds provided you with several great nights of rest and that you enjoyed waking up to a view of the Rockies. We do have refrigerators available upon request for $10 and we apologize if you were not made aware of this. Also, our premium suites include a refrigerator, and we hope you’ll take advantage of one on a future stay. Our staff would be happy to assist you in booking a room in a quieter area of the hotel.
Reviewed 22 April 2014

One might believe that this team, from the front desk, to room service, houskeeping and the restaurants has gone thru extensive "What will it take to satisfy the customer" training. They went above and beyond to make sure that I left with a feeling of great satisfaction. Once you experience the customer service here even going to a five star hotel wouldn't even make a difference because they served with a level of higher quality.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

AntlersHilton, General Manager at The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
What incredible compliments to receive! Thank you for your warm words on your recent experience at the Antlers Hilton Colorado Springs. Delivering great service is our ultimate priority and it’s wonderful to learn that our staff’s attentiveness really made your stay. It would be a pleasure to serve you again the next time you visit Colorado Springs.
julesburg, United States
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The bathroom needed some repairs, with paint pealing on the door to caulk missing and pealing along tub. The breakfast was good, as was the friendlyness for the staff. Parking was adequate and the resturants in the area are plentifull and with in walking distance.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

AntlersHilton, General Manager at The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Your perspective on your recent experience is truly appreciated. It’s great that you were able to take advantage of our local eateries, along with our breakfast at the Antlers Grille. We do apologize for any maintenance issues, and we’ve reviewed your comments with our team so they can make the appropriate repairs. All of us at the Antlers Hilton Colorado Springs would love to welcome you back again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colorado Springs
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Grand Hotel & Spa
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Gr...
#5 of 105 in Colorado Springs
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,849 reviews
Garden of the Gods Club and Resort
Garden of the Gods Club and Reso...
#3 of 105 in Colorado Springs
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,065 reviews
Staybridge Suites Colorado Springs
Staybridge Suites Colorado Sprin...
#9 of 105 in Colorado Springs
Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn...
#4 of 105 in Colorado Springs
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,253 reviews
HYATT house Colorado Springs
HYATT house Colorado Springs
#11 of 105 in Colorado Springs
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
#1 of 10 in Manitou Springs

Been to The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel? Share your experiences!