“Horrible experience - blood stains on bedspread”

Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Boulder, Colorado
“Horrible experience - blood stains on bedspread”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

While I understood that the hotel was undergoing renovations, it was a a disgusting mess and really loud with materials and dust and crud everywhere and power tools roaring and banging away. There was just one small elevator, and the workmen needed it to move their tools and materials from floor to floor, so it took forever. After we checked in and took our bags to our room, I went to ask the person at the front desk about the fitness center, which was listed under amenities. She was eating pizza in the lobby with about a dozen of the workers from the renovation. I asked about the fitness room, and she told me "it's broke down." We had trouble sleeping because the air conditioner was loud and kept shutting off and starting back up again. The next morning we discovered bloodstains on our white bedspread. No, I'm not kidding - bloodstains. I even took a picture with my phone in case the hotel didn't believe me, which it turns out, they didn't. We hadn't noticed the night before because the bed had been made with the bloodstains side down. When I checked out, I told the person at the front desk about the stains, and she tried to explain to me that it was probably just "rusty water from the laundry because of the renovations." I assured her they were blood stains (I won't get all CSI, but it was really obvious). She just said she would "let them know," and handed me my receipt for $118. While our tiny little room was very nice (except for the blood stains, of course), $118 seems like highway robbery given the circumstances.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay here until the renovations are complete. It's a hot mess. I will spare the readers...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Paige G
Matthew W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.
First, I want to apologize, for not meeting your expectation during your stay.
I have addressed your experience, with our HouseKeeping Department and the Front Office staff. They all will receive additional training on how to handle these specific issues.
AsI expressed in our conversation, I hope, we can welcome you again at our Hotel.
NickiM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Woodson, Texas
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed here over the weekend of Independence Day. The hotel charges a $250 deposit, had changed hands, was under construction, and didn't provide notice of any of this.

The rooms weren't bad, but the bathrooms were very small and cramped. Can't say the front desk was overly helpful or polite.

I'd say skip this one and look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Book one of the nicer hotels across the street.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Jeff M
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.
We do apologize for not meeting your expectation during your stay. As you have mentioned in your review, we are currently under renovations. We are trying very hard to not impact our guests but unfortunately, we were not very successful , while you were staying with us.
Again, on behalf of our entire team, I do apologize for the issues you have encountered.
Sincerely ,
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

- HOTEL IS UNDER RENOVATION. I wish we would have known before booking. We used our Wyndam Points to book, only to be told rudely at the front desk, "we havn't done Wyndam Points for three months". Breakfast is the PITS. Small breakfast area with nothing but some cereal, danish, and a dirty waffel maker. The wi-fi is NON-EXISTENT. You will not be able to connect. If you like noise, such as children screaming, then book here. This place is teeming with families and is not a relaxing atmosphere. No luxury, period. HOUSEKEEPING CLEANED OUR ROOM AFTER BEING TOLD TO THEIR FACE AT THE FRONT DESK "PLEASE DON'T COME IN". The mattress is hard. The bathroom is small, with a very small vanity area. If you are taller than 5'10" then you may find the showerhead unsatisfyingly low. Our room had a shower only, and it is very small. If you are a larger person or have anxiety in small spaces, you may not like. Price is the only positive I can come up with right now. We're unable to use our points and it's $89 per night. Never again.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank LeAnn G
Matthew W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
First, I would like to apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay.
We are in the middle of a much needed refresh of our Hotel and have not been affiliated with the Wyndham chain for over two months. I can understand your frustration, for not being informed about this.
I hope you will give us another try when our renovations are completed.
Again, my sincere apologies.

North Branch, Michigan
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is currently being renovated and has a funny smell. But other than that was okay for a lower end hotel. But what really upset my husband and I was the fact that we were charged a $250.00 deposit (hotel policy) to stay one night. This hotel policy was not discussed with us when we made our reservation. If it had been, I would have looked elsewhere.

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Gina B
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.
I understand that you were not informed about our Hotel Policy's at time of reservation. We will address this with our team to make sure that future guest's will be made aware.
As stated in your review, we are under renovations. I apologize for the smell and dust you encountered. I hope you will give us another try once we are completed.

Again, our sincere apology for not meeting your standards.

Florida
Reviewed 28 June 2014

First of all I was a little upset because the name of the hotel changed and I was not made aware of this. It was a little confusing because we flew into Colorado Springs at midnight. I had to call the hotel to confirm their location. The staff was very nice on the phone as well as when we got there and apologized for any inconvenience. The hotel is under construction as well as the front lobby where the breakfast was located but they had it cleaned up and cleared out during the breakfast hours. Our room was beautiful and was obviously brand new. The bed was super comfy. The view of the mountains from our window was a plus since we are from Florida. We got a very great rate for our hotel but with the upgrades I could easily see them upping the prices. The pool was very nice as well as the whirlpool. Every staff member was very nice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Melissa B
Matthew W, Manager at Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.
We are thrilled that you stayed with us during our renovations.
Our goal is to make every guest comfortable when they stay with us. We should be finished with our renovations by the end August and we hope that you will chose to stay with us again.

Again, thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

Nicki
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Lovely staff very pleasant to talk to and they showed that they really cared. Me and my family from Scotland and our American friends went on a road trip around colorado and stayed here for a few nights. Love the pool. And the fitness room. Breakfast is good. Thank you for a good stay.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank travel_angel93
Colorado Spring
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Nice hotel for the price. Under construction, but will look nice when done. Breakfast is a less than at other hotels, but not bad for a quick bite.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family