“Relax and Enjoy” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #164 of 1,404 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Spice Island Grill is the most authentic Casual Dining Jamaican Restaurant in Colorado Springs, tucked in the historic Downtown Depot district. At SIG you will enjoy traditional authentic Jamaican dishes from this exclusive tropical hideaway. Menu includes many island favorites that will treat your pallet and satisfy your hunger. Guests enjoy dining in the ambiance of a fun, spacious, and relaxed setting. It’s an electric innovative family restaurant with Jamaican chefs, who whip up various authentic Jamaican dishes using generations of family recipes such as, beef oxtail, curry goat, Jerk chicken, Escovitched fish and much more. This menu is complimented by their unique appetizers, home-made desserts, and cocktails. As you dine, you can hear the rhythm of Reggae in the background which adds to the flavor of Caribbean atmosphere. Come for the food, stay for the experience!
Colorado Springs
“Relax and Enjoy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

One of my favorite places for lunch, with some of the most authentic and delicious Jamaican food you are going to find on the front range. Over time I have become friends with everyone there as I have eaten over a dozen times. I enjoy the Ting and Curry Pork...curry is good, jerk is good...LOVE the plantains. If you are missing the Caribbean life or want to feel like you are visiting....here you go...relax and enjoy. Service is not speedy so do not go in a hurry. Have fun!

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Shreveport, Louisiana
“Amazing food, incredible staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

It took us a while to find the restaurant, but when we did, it was totally worth it.
The atmosphere of the restaurant was warm and inviting. The staff were very friendly. The food is affordable and it was so delicious. I had the curried goat, for the first time, and it was honestly one of the best meals I've had in a restaurant. We actually came back a second time, and the food was equally as delicious. I totally recommend this restaurant. We are West Indian, so we know good Island food, and man was it good!

• Visited June 2014
East Lansing, Michigan
“Great Authentic Jamaican food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

They told me 45 minutes on my take but it took 2 hours. I wasn't mad because I spent time waiting in the bar talking to the staff about my crazy times in Negril. The food is spot on as far as traditional Jamaican Jerk chicken.

Visited February 2014
Pueblo, Colorado
“Superb! Flavor of the islands in CO Springs.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

We had originally tasted the food at the taste of Ft. Collins in 2013. We just recently moved to southern CO and thankfully they are still going strong! Delicious food, the owners are awesome and the atmosphere warms you up during the cold CO winters. Love this place!!

• Visited March 2014
Burke, Virginia
“Surprisingly Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

I had Jamaican food a few times before and I didn't like all of those times. And when my husband picked this place I was a pretty skeptical. It's a small restaurant but clean and decor was pretty. It would say it's pretty romantic too which i wasn't expecting.

We had fried plantains as an appetizer and I had the fried snapper with sauteed cabbage and mashed potatoes for my entree. My husband had the jerk chicken curry with beans and rice. The presentation was simple yet attractive and colorful and smells amazing! The servings were pretty large and I had to pack my cabbage and potatoes. My only complaint was the potatoes were a little lumpy.

Overall, I had a great dinner and probably the best Jamaican I ever had!

• Visited November 2013