“Can't wait to come back again!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Colorado Springs
Garden of the Gods RV Resort
Great Bend, Kansas
“Can't wait to come back again!!”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Planned months in advance to bring our Camper after hearing about how wonderful the park was but last minute had to change the plan and rented a Garden Suite. The cabin was very nice, CLEAN and a much better Colorado experience than renting a hotel room. We absolutely loved the park. It was our kids first experience to Colorado so we spent a lot of time seeing the area. It's an easy drive and not far from so many wonderful things to do. The only regret is that we didnt spend as much time in the campground area as we would have liked. Everyone was very friendly and they help you get to your site. We can't wait to come back, next time bringing our camper!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Estes Park, Colorado
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We are usually National Forest or National Park tent campers, but on this trip, since we were short on time, we wanted to be in the "middle of it all," centrally located for Cheyenne Mtn, Red Rocks Canyon, Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods, etc. That meant commercial camping in the busy Manitou Springs area. We called to ask about their tent sites, and they admitted they were tight, but they suggested the bunkhouses, because a 20% off deal priced them just slightly higher than the tent sites. WOWSER, but the bunkhouses were WONDERFUL (compared to the "roughing it" that we're used to)! We rented for me & seven teens, and it was tons of room for us. We had #11-12; each one had a back room with 2 twin bunks and a double bed; front room had solid table / benches and great storage shelf. The bench cushions doubled as mattresses for the kids who didn't want to double up in the bed. The bunkhouses were close to the pool (kids loved it - made lots of friends playing Marco Polo and the usual pool games) and the upper bathhouse. NO CHARGE for showers - WHAT, REALLY? Yup! Plenty of hot water (and we showered A LOT since we kept getting all sweaty from hikes up the Incline or Garden of the Gods or after the pool etc) and plenty of pressure. A bunch of thunderstorms blew through while we were on our excursions, and it was so nice not to have to worry about the tents being blown over. I feel totally spoiled now. We have an upcoming Tetons trip, and I was disappointed to see how much more expensive the bunkhouses are in that area compared to here. Staff were very friendly and helpful. I didn't do any laundry so can't comment - kids used the arcade and liked it (but then I took them to the Penny Arcade in Manitou Springs and of course that blew everything away). With all the storms I was also very grateful that the ground surface around the camp had been laid over with beautiful red rock that kept the kids off the mud and really meant for clean camping, even with all that rain. Bathrooms were always clean and well stocked with toilet paper. Two thumbs way up for this place. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Bunkhouse area is AWESOME. Kids think the newer ones might be bigger - I didn't see the older on...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Joan J
Tennessee Ridge, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Our RV camper. We were greeted with a smile. Escorted to our site. When one of the staff went by they waved, smiled, and many times asked if there was anything we needed. Facilities were clean. WILL stay here again next year.

Room Tip: We brought our own RV camper. There are lodges that we toured and would stay at, if we were to retur...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Gail K
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Excellent facilities. Good power, hookups, etc.

Website advertises grills and reliable WiFi, but neither are what they are advertised to be. Grills are available, but you will be charged $10 per night. WiFi is weak and slow or totally unavailable.

If you subscribe to ATT cell service, be prepared to leave the park if you need to make or receive a call as service is all but non-existent.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Don H
797YaleS, Owner at Garden of the Gods RV Resort, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Don, Thank-you for your feedback and helpful comments. Since purchasing this property a few years ago, we have been making improvements and adjustments to maximize the guest experience. Specifically, we have since replaced our Wifi system, increased the Bandwidth of our network and continue to fine tune the system to ensure proper connectivity. Regarding cell coverage, we have initiated trouble tickets with many of the providers. As you know, cell coverage is not a given in many areas and we can only be a squeaky wheel when we are aware of these issues, but as we are not the customer, you are and I hope you will help us by lodging a complaint with your provider when in areas that do not show a signal. This action will help others as well. Again, Thank-you for your patronage and I hope we will have the opportunity to serve you in the future.
Regards,
Yale Spina
COO, RVC Outdoor Destinations
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed in a bunkhouse for a few nights this July. I love camping, but wouldn't be able to bring my gear this trip, so the bunkhouse was perfect for me. My bunkhouse came with a twin bunk bed and a full bed, a window AC unit in the bedroom, kitchen table, and a front porch. As a solo traveler, I had plenty of room and this was all I needed. My bunkhouse was clean when I arrived, so no complaints there.

There were 2 different bathrooms within a short walk. Other reviews have mentioned the showers -- I'm pretty picky about things like that, but fortunately I had no issues with them while I was there.

I had the pancake breakfast Sunday morning, which was great. $3 for all-you-can eat pancakes, then a little more if you want sausage or juice.

The location was perfect for what I where I was going...Pike's Peak, Manitou, Garden of the Gods, etc., were all a short drive.

Everyone I spoke with at the front desk was very nice and helpful. I really enjoyed my stay here, and I'd stay here again if in the area.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank atljs
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Parked the camper and Harley trailer so we could get an early start for an endurance ride the next day. We had a great pull though slot, power, water and Internet WIFI worked as advertised. The only downside was a RV wash service started at 8AM Nearby. Spray, noise of pressure washer was too much too early. Other than that well maintained and family friendly (dogs also). Would stay again. Would have given a 5, except for RV wash

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank sbkane
Wa State
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Location is great. This park offers sites for a wide range of campers and travelers. Check out the small rooms available. We took the studio with its own bath. It was clean, shady, perched above the RV spaces so it was quiet and pleasant. This is a very busy RV Resort but, even with the pool and playground near our room, the over-all level of noise was much less than most we have visited.

Staff was very pleasant and helpful. Do plan ahead if you want to use the laundry. No supplies or coin machines were available when I was there. I suggest they post notices so people know they must bring their own supplies and correct change.

As you turn into the parking lot for the rooms, the road is washed away at the left corner , with deep potholes with some sharp debris left there. It is dangerous and need to be fixed. At the least, put some lighting there so drivers can be alerted to that road condition.

Overall, I would certainly return next time we are in Colorado Springs.

Room Tip: This is an RV Park but it does offer other accommodations. I think the best value is in the small r...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colorado Springs
Garden of the Gods Club and Resort
Garden of the Gods Club and Reso...
#3 of 105 in Colorado Springs
The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel
The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel
#20 of 105 in Colorado Springs
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
#1 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of the Gods
Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of ...
#45 of 105 in Colorado Springs
Days Inn Manitou Springs
Days Inn Manitou Springs
#2 of 10 in Manitou Springs
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Grand Hotel & Spa
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Gr...
#4 of 105 in Colorado Springs

Been to Garden of the Gods RV Resort? Share your experiences!