“Don't book a block of rooms for a wedding” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Grand Hotel & Spa

and 1 more site!
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Grand Hotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed here for a weekend while attending a friends wedding. The bellman at the door were very friendly and helpful. Check-in was a little confusing. The associate made it seem like there was a problem with our reservation, but never actually vocalized what the problem was. She eventually worked it out and all was well. The hotel itself is beautiful. They did a wonderful job with the restorations. Housekeeping was disappointing. When they finally did make it to the room only the bed was remade. Trash, towels, etc. were left about the room and not replaced or discarded. The restaurant attached was okay, but overall pricey for the quality. I suggest walking a few blocks over to Over Easy for a breakfast twice as good for a fraction of the cost. The 'hidden' fees were slightly annoying, but this is a historical building so I doubt it is the hotels choice to charge them. My last complaint would be the lack of transportation to and from the airport. The hotel itself does not provide pick up or drop, so be prepared to pay $45 to and from COS. Overall, I would recommend this hotel for it's unique feel and convenience of location.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Katherine C
Shelby P, General Manager at The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you Katherine for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. Our bell and valet team is top notch and we feel very lucky to have such great team members that truly care about our guests and the hotel. I will personally look into the housekeeping issue and why it was not fully cleaned. I hope while you were here you brought this to our attention. We strive to correct the problem as they are occurring so we can make sure your experience is perfect and we get better as a hotel. We do not offer transportation but can arrange several different options for our guests if we are given some notice to help in this matter. Thank you again for staying with The Mining Exchange!
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I constantly travel to Colorado Springs for work and this is the best hotel by far in the city. Amazing rooms, great service and the location is amazing. I have been here at least 5 times in the past 2 years and will stay here every time. The rooms are quaint and the way they incorporated the old brick and high ceilings with amazing artwork makes you feel like your in a 5 star hotel. Always clean, bathrooms are amazing! Will definitely come back. Also, each time I stayed I was always upgraded to an executive suite. Well done from the staff to the hotel!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
      Location
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

The rooms are top class, my wife and I took the corner room on the 5th floor, decent views not spectacular. This place is more for the rooms than the view in my opinion. I was disappointed with the designs though. It was hard finding the door (it slides and disappears), there is no convenient power outlet near the bed for charging the phone, this sucks! The movie slection on tv was decent but charged 17$$ for it. There is no convenient way to park other than using the 18$ valet parking. Since the suites were pricey, this seems a little bit of a downer. The bath is great and was great consolation for some of the let downs. It was great staying here but I'll look elsewhere if I come here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your corner suite; it is one of my favorite rooms. The pocket doors are for ease of space so there isn’t a large door blocking some of the room or getting in the way. They were also designed for an extra level of noise control from the hallway to the bedroom and also to the bathroom area. We try to offer several different options for parking so people don’t have to use the Valet option and pay this expense and our movie selection is great but we don’t control the cost of this expense as it is pre-determined by the television provider. Please let us know if you do decide to come back how we can better your stay. Thanks again!
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I am a Broadmoor regular, I love that hotel and I am a world travler who has styed in the nicest hotels from Plaza in NYC, Shangra La in Sydney, King David in Jerusalem. Anyways....

The Minning exchange is a awesome hotel in the heart of Downtown Colorado Springs. Boy was I suprised that there was a nitelife here, there is and it is fun for all ages including kids.

The hotel is quiet and pleasant. Staff are inexperienced but very eager to please and I perfer that. Rooms a beautiful, a little small, but don't let that scare you because they are awesome. Whem I checked in I asked it if had a view. They told me now, wrong answer. My room has a view of an old ally way light by hanging lights that oversee dinners in this romantic space.

The resturant is awesome, a great change up from your traditional JW or W hotles. Only thing that stops me from giving this awsome hotel 5 stars is there is no spa or pool. Otherwise it is a Jem, a must stay.

I will be back.....

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
We truly appreciate the great things you said in your review. That means a lot to hear that you enjoyed your stay and are comparing us to some wonderful locations and hotels. I will look at training our staff to give a better description of the views. We get asked rather frequently about views and people wanting mountain views. Since we are a downtown boutique property there are very limited views to the mountain but great views as you explained in your review. Also, the spa is under construction and should be open in the near future. Hopefully when that is open you can come back and give us more feedback about your stay. Thank you again for staying with us!
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

This is a beautiful hotel in a convenient downtown location. But what makes it particularly special is the incredible service by the hotel staff starting with the Valet parking service. Absolutely first rate. We stayed one night. The room was a double queen which was quite large with high ceilings and a large bathroom. The beds are incredibly comfortable, inviting sleep as soon as you lay down on them. Many small restaurants nearby and a great ice cream parlor around the corner. The hotel restaurant is also good if you like cajun food. Their breakfast was amazing - the continental breakfast for one was enough to feed two people. Excellent, trouble-free stay. Would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
1 Thank J S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colorado Springs
Garden of the Gods Club and Resort
Garden of the Gods Club and Reso...
#3 of 105 in Colorado Springs
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
#1 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Staybridge Suites Colorado Springs
Staybridge Suites Colorado Sprin...
#9 of 105 in Colorado Springs
BEST WESTERN PLUS Peak Vista Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN PLUS Peak Vista Inn...
#6 of 105 in Colorado Springs
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,155 reviews
Drury Inn & Suites Colorado Springs near the Air Force Academy
Drury Inn & Suites Colorado Spri...
#2 of 105 in Colorado Springs

Been to The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Grand Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!