“"A wonderful experience"”

Ranked #5 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Jackson, Wyoming, United States
“"A wonderful experience"”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Great history and luxury are the warmth of this fine downtown hotel. Located within walking distance of many interesting eateries and shops. When checking in I was upgraded to a Suite.
Heather at the front desk was a joy, as are the Valets and Housekeeping staff. Bathrooms are quite nice with granite walkin shower. Very rich feeling lobby lounge. When in the Springs this is
the place to be!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were in the springs area for a family reunion. We are faithful users of Trip Advisor and kept reading glowing reviews of this property. We were not disappointed! The hotel is in a beautiful historic building. The artwork throughout the hotel is amazing. We stayed four nights in the junior suite. The staff was friendly and helpful especially the valets and restaurant staff. We enjoyed breakfast each morning in the restaurant which was delicious. A must try the bananas foster french toast! Thank you for a great vacation!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nancy E
Marmora, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The Mining Exchange was class hotel. Everything was great. Room was large and comfortable. Staff very helpful and made you feel welcomed. Good location, close to many tourist attractions. Resturant in hotel was very nice. Parking was no problem, we used the valet service. It was very reasonable. Wish we could have stayed there longer. Would love to stay there in the future when visiting Colorado Springs. Michael & Donna

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Washington
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I personally love older hotels, and this hotel is perfect for the person that loves to take in history! I stayed here for a night because my friend was in town and he got a room here. We had a great night in town and went back to our room and to our surprise the workers there were so nice an helpful. The rooms where super spacious and roomy, service was impeccable and over all we had a very nice stay. Im personally pretty picky about my mattress and I cant sleep on to mussy ones, but our night at the Mining Exchange I cant remember when when I hit the bed and fell sleep meaning the pillows and mattress was just perrrrefct! Thank you!

Room Tip: If your staying here try and ask for a higher level rooms. Its only 4 or 5 stories tall but the high...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I am a Judge from New Orleans, Louisiana who had the absolute pleasure of staying at this wonderfully charming, yet classy hotel while in the Springs to bring my son to college. We stayed in a suite and it was absolutely elegant. Everyone was so friendly, the lobby was very cozy and inviting and our suite was fantastic. I would refer anyone coming to Colorado Springs to stay at this hotel. I felt as though I was staying at a high end New Orleans hotel, which greatly helped with my son's adjustment to being away from home. Further, this is where I plan to stay every time I am in Colorado Springs visiting my son. I especially loved Pete, the bartender. He used to tend bars in New Orleans and his mixology skills definitely showed that. Also, the restaurant is absolutely divine. If you are looking for a New Orleans style meal, at a reasonable price, whether it is for breakfast, lunch or dinner, you will NOT be disappointed!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colorado Springs
Garden of the Gods Club and Resort
Garden of the Gods Club and Reso...
#3 of 105 in Colorado Springs
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
#1 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Staybridge Suites Colorado Springs
Staybridge Suites Colorado Sprin...
#9 of 105 in Colorado Springs
Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn...
#4 of 105 in Colorado Springs
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,253 reviews
Drury Inn & Suites Colorado Springs near the Air Force Academy
Drury Inn & Suites Colorado Spri...
#2 of 105 in Colorado Springs

Been to The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Grand Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!