“great hotel - disappointing experience” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Grand Hotel & Spa

and 1 more site!
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Grand Hotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Very nice, nearly new hotel in downtown Colorado Springs. They have kept many of the architectural details of the original building which enhances it's appeal. You can walk to restaurants, wine bars etc. Our room, while small, was very functional and nicely laid out. The bed was comfortable but seemed shorter than normal. I am only 5'4" and my feet were close to the edge of the bed. I would inquire about this if you are tall.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Katy, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Not only is the hotel really beautiful but the thing that made our stay perfect was the kindness and attentiveness shown by all the staff at the hotel, who bent over backwards to enhance our stay. I would absolutely stay here again if I were visiting Colorado Springs.

Rooms
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Probably the best and "classiest" hotel we stayed in on vacation. From check-in to leaving everything was better than we expected. The room and bathroom were large, clean and beautifully furnished. When booking I requested a corner room as high as possible, we got a top floor corner suite! The bed was comfortable, shower had twin heads, (one at each end) large enough for 2 people to shower in , towels were large and soft, what more could you want! There was plenty more, located downtown, great dining room and bar, friendly staff, all in all a wonderful stay, thank you!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

You know the hotel is good when the kids tell you they like the place. We got two side-by-side rooms and everything was perfect. The beds were comfortable, there was plenty of room, the bathrooms were some of the best we've had and the build quality was first rate. If I could stay in this hotel in every city I visit I would say "done". The only thing the hotel lacks is a pool and a spa. The workout facility is small and not great is just about the only complaint I can think of, and I think they are building a spa/workout facility in the basement. The lobby is very nice and the staff are some of the best we've had. Go - you won't be disappointed. This place get's my highest marks.

Rooms
Houston, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Perfect from the moment we drove up!!! Excellent service - could be the best I've ever experienced! From the bell man to the front desk to the housekeeping and room service. Our room was so very comfortable/elegant and I loved the exposed brick in the room.

Room Tip: We had the full suite - can't go wrong!!!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

My husband and child stayed here for one night when our flight was cancelled out of Colorado Springs. We were simply looking for a comfortable place to stay with some nearby restaurants/attractions. What we found at The Mining Exchange was so much more! First off, the hotel is beautiful. It is a combination of three historical buildings and has retained so much original character - e.g., our room had beautiful exposed brick, and an original bank vault can be seen in the lobby. Our room was a great size, clean, and the bed was oh so comfortable! Still, there is something about this place that makes it one of the best places I've ever stayed - THE SERVICE! The Valet (Rick) was friendly and welcoming - he was so genuine and happy to help us with anything he could. The front desk staff was polite and helpful. Then - we went to the lobby bar for drinks and ended up staying for dinner as Pete the bartender was gracious, knowledgeable, and oh so friendly. He checked on us just the right amount - I was working while my husband was drinking (and our child was exploring the lobby). Pete helped us with our drink and food selections, and made us feel like we were his only customers all night (though, of course, we were not). I also noticed that there was a man going about cleaning the lobby nearly the entire time we were there - he made a point not to bring the vacuum too close to us and our little one, and seemed very dedicated to his work. I would not usually notice this, but have to point out how thoughtful it is that even the person cleaning the lobby was keen on making sure we had a great experience. I made sure to thank him (Tim) later on, and he said he simply wanted to make sure we had a wonderful vacation. How attentive is that! The staff at a hotel can really make or break it - and the staff at the Mining Exchange made our surprise stay so much more than a simple overnight while we waited for a flight. My husband and I cannot stop talking about the exceptional service we received. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Colorado Springs
Garden of the Gods Club and Resort
Garden of the Gods Club and Reso...
#3 of 105 in Colorado Springs
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
#1 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Staybridge Suites Colorado Springs
Staybridge Suites Colorado Sprin...
#9 of 105 in Colorado Springs
BEST WESTERN PLUS Peak Vista Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN PLUS Peak Vista Inn...
#6 of 105 in Colorado Springs
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,161 reviews
Drury Inn & Suites Colorado Springs near the Air Force Academy
Drury Inn & Suites Colorado Spri...
#1 of 105 in Colorado Springs

Been to The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Grand Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!