“Nice historic hotel but......” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Grand Hotel & Spa
Ranked #4 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Forked River, New Jersey
“Nice historic hotel but......”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for three nights and found the staff to be quite pleasant and helpful. The rooms and sitting areas were very clean. The only room we could get had one king bed in it and very little room for anything else. It was difficult to walk around there was no place to sit. The "desk" was a bar like structure attached to the wall at the foot of the bed. You could not sit there without the chair hitting the bed. The only thing that was spacious was the shower however, the soap and shampoo were in bottles that were mounted so high it made using them difficult. Although they were full, you had to pump quite a bit to get the product out. The sink area had enough room for a bar of soap and your tooth brush, not much else. The coffee area was so small that it could only hold the machine (which did not work properly) and the condiments. Wifi was intermittent. I didn't realize how depressing all this was until we checked out. Never again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Shelby P, General Manager at The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
We are so glad you choose The Mining Exchange for your stay. We are a boutique style property so all of our rooms are different from the next. There are several different room types as well. If you did not like the space of the room you were in, don’t let that scare you as there are over 12 different room types and sizes. Thank you for the kind words you said about the staff and I truly hope you stay with us again and let us help you find a room type that is to your liking. Thank you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

This property was the site of the wedding celebration of my lady's daughter. I really had no involvement in any of the planning so can't speak to that. But I was very pleasantly surprised by the very nice corner room we (the mother of the bride and I) were assigned. The appearance of the hotel was very good in all ways. And, in spite of what had been a poor impression of Wyndham (timeshare properties), this place opened up my eyes to a better thought. I was told the brunch was excellent.

There is valet parking. There is also a parking garage about a block away. Extremely reasonable on weekends.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room with windows on two sides.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Very nice, nearly new hotel in downtown Colorado Springs. They have kept many of the architectural details of the original building which enhances it's appeal. You can walk to restaurants, wine bars etc. Our room, while small, was very functional and nicely laid out. The bed was comfortable but seemed shorter than normal. I am only 5'4" and my feet were close to the edge of the bed. I would inquire about this if you are tall.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
Katy, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Not only is the hotel really beautiful but the thing that made our stay perfect was the kindness and attentiveness shown by all the staff at the hotel, who bent over backwards to enhance our stay. I would absolutely stay here again if I were visiting Colorado Springs.

Sleep Quality
      Rooms
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Probably the best and "classiest" hotel we stayed in on vacation. From check-in to leaving everything was better than we expected. The room and bathroom were large, clean and beautifully furnished. When booking I requested a corner room as high as possible, we got a top floor corner suite! The bed was comfortable, shower had twin heads, (one at each end) large enough for 2 people to shower in , towels were large and soft, what more could you want! There was plenty more, located downtown, great dining room and bar, friendly staff, all in all a wonderful stay, thank you!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

You know the hotel is good when the kids tell you they like the place. We got two side-by-side rooms and everything was perfect. The beds were comfortable, there was plenty of room, the bathrooms were some of the best we've had and the build quality was first rate. If I could stay in this hotel in every city I visit I would say "done". The only thing the hotel lacks is a pool and a spa. The workout facility is small and not great is just about the only complaint I can think of, and I think they are building a spa/workout facility in the basement. The lobby is very nice and the staff are some of the best we've had. Go - you won't be disappointed. This place get's my highest marks.

Rooms
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colorado Springs
Garden of the Gods Club and Resort
Garden of the Gods Club and Reso...
#3 of 105 in Colorado Springs
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
#1 of 10 in Manitou Springs
BEST WESTERN PLUS Peak Vista Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN PLUS Peak Vista Inn...
#6 of 105 in Colorado Springs
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,163 reviews
Staybridge Suites Colorado Springs
Staybridge Suites Colorado Sprin...
#9 of 105 in Colorado Springs
Drury Inn & Suites Colorado Springs near the Air Force Academy
Drury Inn & Suites Colorado Spri...
#2 of 105 in Colorado Springs

Been to The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Grand Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!