“Spicy Jammin'” 4 of 5 bubbles

Rasta Pasta
Ranked #139 of 1,403 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New York City, New York
“Spicy Jammin'”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

A friend invited me here for lunch recently and I was intrigued by the name, so I gave it a shot. Naturally, there was a "Rasta" motif with the obligatory Bob Marley making appearances throughout the dining room. There wasn't much of a crowd, but our waitress was very friendly and attentive (while sporting some awesomely authentic dreadlocks!). The Rasta themed menu was concise, so it was relatively easy to make a selection. They advertised spice, so I went with the "Spicy Jammin" and my friend had the "Dreadlock Ravioli." I'm not much of a pasta snob, so I was pretty impressed with my meal. The "Spicy Jammin" is rotini, shrimp, various seasonings and just the right amount of spice (you can choose from three degrees of spiciness). Each dish also came with a side of really tasty garlic bread. Overall, it was a good experience and if I were more into pasta dishes, I'd consider making it a frequent destination. Trendy downtown location on Tejon, just north of Platte. Reasonably priced for the quality of food and worth a shot if you're looking for something a little different.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Egg Harbor, Wisconsin
“Great change of scenery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Went here for lunch with my cousins today, who live here but had no idea that it existed. We loved it!

Definitely a different take on a pasta dish, I had the Tortellini Jamaican Mon which consisted of bananas, pineapple pieces and split grapes in a white wine sauce. I also added chicken to mine for a bit extra. Delicious, a must-try! We also had Bananas Marley for dessert and that was explained as their version of bananas foster. Tasty too!

The interior was very laid back and the service was great, very polite and punctual. I would recommend this place for a casual, delcious meal any day of the week. Enjoy!

Denver, Colorado
“Pasta with a twist!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Rasta Pasta is hands down one of Colorado Springs’ best restaurant, located downtown close to Colorado College. The atmosphere is warm and colorful paintings cover the walls. Wonderful service, the staff is very accommodating and willing to make suggestions. So many tasty dishes dashed with Caribbean seasonings! Highly recommended!

• Visited October 2013
Colorado Rockies
“Fantastic Food with a Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

From the minute we walked in the casual welcoming atmosphere along with the aroma from the kitchen got our attention. Staff will pretty much prepare anything on the menu however you would like it. Very friendly, cold Red Stripes and fantastic food.

Visited October 2013
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Not just your ordinary pasta place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

My husband and I were in town for the Pikes Peak Marathon and were looking for a place that served large portions of pasta for our carb load before the race. I found this gem and we loved it so much we came back two nights in a row. The dinner portions are HUGE, service is quick, and the atmosphere is super casual and laid back. There was a great vibe in this restaurant. Be warned some of the pasta dishes are a bit spicy so ask your server before hand. We loved how ever dish had the vegan option, and every dish is customizable.

• Visited August 2013