“Really great hotel!”

Residence Inn Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy
Ranked #28 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We stayed here during the fires in Colorado Springs since my husband could not get down the pass for work. We were here a week and had a great time. It was really clean, the room was big, they had a putting green and tennis court outside that the kids loved. They also had a nice pool and hot tub. Breakfast was great and the staff was amazing. We would definitely stay here again!

Reviewed 3 July 2012

We always are happy with Residence Inn, and this one was no different. The breakfasts were hot and different each morning. The evenings had snacks and drinks on the house. The rooms were roomy, clean and comfortable.
The reason I gave this 4 stars were constant problems with the rooms keys needing to be rescanned by the front desk as they would quit working.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

We usually stay at the Marriott but it was full so we tried the Residence Inn and I'm glad we did. The property is well maintained and the hotel has recently been remodeled. There's a small tennis court and a putting green there. We walked around the area in the evening and we never felt afraid or threatened in any way. There are a few restaurants in the area. The breakfast was good, the only thing is there isn't a lot of room to move around in the area where the food is. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We were there the night the fire started though and it was smoky. We left the following morning. We were on the 3rd floor and we had the elephant people above us so we woke up bright and early from the noise. Ask for a top floor room.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor facing the mountains
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Booked via Priceline on the way up into the mountains and again when we came back down. Had studios for a great price. Kings size bed shared by myself and one teenage son, while the other took the sleeper sofa. Location somewhat away from most things, other than AFA, but in a nice, secure north side area. Large theater and bowling/gaming complex nearby. Also a Cheddars and a brewery next to those complexes. No complaints with the very friendly staff. Free breakfast was nice. If you stay M-W you can also get a free dinner of whatever the dish is for the day. Beds were very comfortable. Building and grounds were very well maintained. I would highly recommend the stay here and would absolutely stay again if I were back in Colorado Springs area.

Room Tip: Got a great deal via Priceline. Room in the middle was somewhat smaller, while our room on the north...
2  Thank JKincentralIL
Reviewed 29 May 2012

This is our second time at this hotel. It is convenient to family. The staff are friendly and courteous. The rates are fair and the breakfast is decent. It is a nice place to have family come and relax in the courtyard. The golf, tennis, and pool are great!

The one bedroom suite is perfect for 2 adults and 2 kids. We find it comfortable.

My one gripe is that they allow dogs in all rooms. I love dogs, but it seems this has become more of a dog stop since my last visit.

Room Tip: We like the corner room in the north side of the hotel. Request mountain views. It is close to the p...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I stayed here for business.

This is about your standard Residence Inn, I have no complaints there. The breakfast was very good with eggs, sausage, waffles, yogurt, and coffee. The juices were not "100% juice" as I normally like, and only included apple and orange (many of the newer Residence Inns have cranberry as well) so I mainly stuck to coffee, which was a good blend.

The room is definitely spacious and comfortable enough. I do have a complaint about the air conditioning and heating, however. One day I came back to find the maid had turned the A/C down to 66 degrees. Listen, I don't care what the hotel keeps the temp at while I'm gone, but while I'm there, please don't have your maids touch the A/C. I ended up having to put the fireplace on to warm the room back up quicker.

One gripe I have is that the exhaust fan automatically turns on when you use the shower. In Colorado, I kind of like being able to use the shower without the exhaust fan to build up a little humidity in the room, most Residence Inns have that as a separate switch, why can't they.

Because I was unable to get enough moisture into the room, it was difficult sleeping.

Also, there was no lotion. You need lotion in Colorado so this is clearly unacceptable. So I do have some complaints but I get Marriott points and I can live with these minor inconveniences to get points and such.

This is reasonably close to the Garden of the Gods and the Academy.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank crazyAustin
ResidenceInnGMCOSTW, General Manager at Residence Inn Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Dear crazyAustin,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review for our hotel.

We're happy that you enjoyed your overall experience at Residence Inn - Colorado Springs Air Force Academy.

I must apologize for the thermostat being moved while you were out one day. Our team shouldn't be adjusting the room temperatures in an occupied room. We'll make sure to cover this in our next stand up.

It is quite dry in Colorado Springs! We do provide complimentary humidifiers and lotion at the front desk. I will also send your suggestion about separate fan switches in the bathrooms to our ownership.

We hope to see you again soon!

David Montero

Reviewed 8 May 2012

This is a fantastic place to stay when visiting Colorado Springs, and we will surely be back, when we return to the area. The room was completely charming--well furnished, clean. We booked the one-bedroom suite, which is ideal: a living room area (with kitchen of course), nice television, great view of the mountains, comfortable furniture. Then, through another door to the bedroom (with another television) and bath, with sink and closet separating the two. My wife could relax in bed watching a movie, while I was in the living room watching a game on ESPN, or golf on the golf channel. The breakfasts each morning were just fine: wonderful oatmeal with all the fixings (walnuts, chocolate, brown sugar, raisins), plus other hot choices (eggs, potatoes, sausage/ham), good cold choices too (I enjoyed the yogurt, fruit, muffins). Last night, there was additional hospitality in the evening: chicken wings from Buffalo Wild Wings, plus beer from a local micro-brewery (very good) and wine. The front desk staff were especially helpful and friendly throughout our stay, as were the rest of the staff. Hotel is very easy to access, and located in a very quiet setting about 1/8 mile off the interstate I-25. We traveled to Garden of the Gods in minutes (the exit for it is just seven miles up the highway). Can't beat this place for the layout/design of the rooms, also the great service, location, cleanliness, hospitality. Very impressive! And thanks to other TripAdvisor clients for sharing their tips and pointing us to it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the mountains, if available. And a higher floor. But if not, stay here anyway...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank first_base_coach

Dear first_base_coach,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a glowing review about our hotel.

It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your experience at Residence Inn - Colorado Springs Air Force Academy.

We've been making some changes to our social hour to help improve the event. I'm glad that you enjoyed the food from Buffalo Wild Wings and the beer from Colorado Mountain Brewery! Personally, I'm fond of their IPA.

I'll make sure to share your review with our team and recognize their success.

We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.

David Montero