“great hotel in a good location”

Residence Inn Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy
Ranked #26 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This was a great place to stay for functions at the Air Force Academy or anything in northern Colorado. Free breakfast, free internet, clean and small mini-kitchen (microwave, toaster, cofee maker and refrigerator). Small pool and fitness center - but never had any problems getting in.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I've stayed at several hotel locations in Colorado Springs, and this was definitely my favorite. The rooms are large, clean, and well worth the price. Everyone on staff was very helpful, and always willing to stop what they were doing to answer a question. Anytime I needed something in the in-room kitchen, I found it. I travel for extended periods of time, and I felt that this hotel was very accommodating for that. The closets (there were two in the room) were both large. I especially enjoyed the outdoor fire pit and barbecue area. I did not personally use this while I was a guest, but on a return trip to Colorado Springs I was invited to a cook out at the Residence Inn. A friend's boss was staying at the Residence Inn while relocating and hosted several of us for the night. The hotel apparently helped him with serving utensils, cookware, etc.. I would have given this property 5 stars but I was on the 2nd floor next to what appeared to be the cooling unit for the hotel. Every time it came on my floors vibrated a bit. Otherwise it was a completely enjoyable experience .

Room Tip: My only recommendation is that you request a room above the 2nd floor. If you're on the second f...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Liz L
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed over Memorial day weekend in one of the 2 bedroom suites (which is wonderful for a family of four) Breakfast was wonderful and had different selections every morning, with plenty to eat for my two teenage boys. The only reason I didn't rate overall excellent was because the bathrooms in the suite need some TLC, discolored wallpaper from condensation and peeling paint and caulking was not what I usually expect from a Mariott at that price point. Otherwise it was a perfect stay!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed here with our 3 kids and the rooms was nice and spacious for the price. We paid about $200 a night. The laundry room was also very nice to have down the hall.
We had no view so ask for a room that doesn't look onto the AC units and roof.
The breakfast was very good and lots of variety. Pool is not so great! It is tiny
Great location to food and getting around to places.
They could also use more than 1 front desk person at a time.

Room Tip: Ask for a good view. Some views look onto the roof.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank wherecanwegonext23
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

The staff was wonderful and very pleasant. The rooms are beautiful and very comfortable. Not to mention the breakfast was great and filling, with many options. The indoor pool was warm and outside there was a nice sitting area with a tennis/basketball court. I would highly recommend them to everyone.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

First off I'm a Marriott Gold member and have stayed in numerous properties in the country. Simply put, the staff here was top notch. Peter and Jessica were especially valuable. They bent over backward to attend to our every request despite being obviously undermanned. Often they were one man shows. We stayed in a two room suite on the first floor. The hotel is a bit older and could use a remodel but everything was functional and clean. Housekeeping it seemed also suffered from being undermanned so rooms were often cleaned late in the day. However at our request they made great effort to have the room attended to by noon. The only complaint I had is that the rooms were very noisy. Upstairs noise in particular was really bad. Even with the AC fan running, simple walking upstairs was loud enough to waken you from sleep. This should be corrected ASAP.
The breakfast was better than most RI's I've stayed at and they had a nice hospitality hour in the evening. The indoor pool was great. They also have a mini tennis court, basketball goal, and putting green (with equipment) available for use free of charge. The gas fire pit area is very nice. And I availed myself to the gas grill for burgers and steaks a few times. The view is very nice and it is conveniently located to USAFA, Denver, and C Springs. I would most certainly stay again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I really loved their beds very comfortable and the rooms are pretty nice overall, however the food is .......well average at best. Breakfast is pretty good but the staff has a hard time keeping it stocked but it is suitable. The managers reception held Monday - Wednesday night from 6-7:30 PM is another thing. I was at the hotel for 9 days which included on week of receptions. Tuesday they had run out of food by 6:40! They has many upset patrons but it did not seem like a big deal to the staff. I spoke to the Manager Rocky on Wednesday morning he apologized but did not offer anything else. Rocky was the BBQ cook that evening, they did not run out of food but again I think they are too short on staff to keep up with demand. In the future I will attempt to stay at the Homewood Suites on the next exit as the overall experience was better. One other positive, got to workout at the local Golds' Gym during the stay!

Room Tip: Stayed in a Queen suite the first night and a King suite the rest of the nights.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Steven P
ResidenceInnGMCOSTW, General Manager at Residence Inn Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Steven, I’m glad to hear that you loved our new mattresses and bedding! They are quite nice.
The complimentary hospitality evenings during last week were indeed quite busy! I am happy (and relieved) to say that we now have an experienced restaurant employee in addition to a manager on duty for every hospitality event, so we should not be overwhelmed again.
You will continue to find me grilling hamburgers and hotdogs for everybody on our outdoor patio most Wednesdays, and hope you give us another try in the future.
Rocky Shockley, General Manager