“No return trip”

Cuisines: German
Placitas, New Mexico
“No return trip”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Very friendly staff, you order at counter not the table. We went for breakfast food was ok, not great. I see lots of comments about German food so it maybe better than the breakfast. I had a hard time finding anything that did not have pork in it. So not a bad place just not good for non pork eaters or someone who likes a tasty breakfast. .

• Visited May 2013

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great home made German food”
Reviewed 10 January 2013

It's a small Cafe in Colorado Springs off Hancock and Fillmore. They serve home made German food. Very friendly, the daily specials are the best. The Roulade is wonderful. They make apple strudel everyday that is incredible. Red cabbage, potato salad hot or cold, It is a limited menu with 10 or 14 items. Each one delicious.

• Visited January 2013
“Just like they make in Germany.”
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I can't wait to go back to this cute little place were no one can bother your imaginations of being in Germnay. The food was great and the staff even better!

Colorado Springs
“Ausgezeichnet! (aka Very Yummy)”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We found this place quite by accident as we were following a detour to a shop to look at bikes. It's brightly colored building of orange-yellow trimmed in red makes it easy to spot at the corner of Hancock and 4th off of Fillmore. There is a mini store with food items such as chocolate, noodles, sauce and dessert mixes. The menu has only a few items, but there is usually a daily lunch special so if you become a regular customer be adventurous and give them a try--you won't be disappointed. This restaurant is staffed and owned by native Germans and the food is home-cooked and wonderful. It reminds me of food I had at a restaurant in Rothenberg ob der Tauber. The potato salad is lightly creamy and less sweet than many I have tried and is my favorite side. My daughters think the curry fries are the best. If it's not too busy the owner and chef will go table to table to speak with customers, many who converse in German. I tell everyone I know about this place and the last time I went I had to wait for a table! They are open for breakfast and lunch, the owner had talked about having evening hours in the summer but I haven't checked to see if he did.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank steelrgrl
Colorado
“Authentic German food”
Reviewed 25 April 2012

This was my second trip to Ines'. The weather was great, so I sat outside with my co-worker, and we chatted. Bea came out and was cheerful and happy, and brought us our drinks quickly. We both got the special of the day, and cleaned our plates.

The food is German, real German. Bea is real German too, and very pleasant, and efficient. She apologized for her how long she was taking, even though it was not very slow service. This place is gaining in popularity, the last time I was there, my wife and i were the only ones in the restaurant. This is well hidden gem.

• Visited April 2012