“Museum is interesting, but go for a show!”
Review of Simpich Showcase

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Simpich Showcase
Washington DC, District of Columbia
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Museum is interesting, but go for a show!”
Reviewed 18 April 2013

We stumbled upon this really interesting family-run place by chance. This place is an art gallery, marionette/puppet/doll museum and theater. We saw Pilgrim's Progress, which was a one-man marionette puppet show: FANTASTIC! It was $12/person for a Wednesday matinee. The engaging storytelling, the intricate artistry of the set and puppets, and the many varied voices all contributed to a really amazing show. Just delightful. Something unique and special that is well worth going out of your way to experience if you like dramatic arts. I would love to go back and see a more whimsical, light-hearted show. Hansel and Gretel and Beauty and the Beast were next up in their season.

We went through the museum during the intermission. It probably would take 20minutes to go through max. If you are in Old Colorado City, it's worth stopping in, but really you should plan ahead to go to a show.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank atxgal718

Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“What a wonderful, different place to go.”
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I have been to two different puppet shows here and I enjoyed both of them. The first time I took my young niece and the second time I took my Red Hat group and everyone really enjoyed it. One guy does all the characters in the show and it is very entertaining. The dioramas they have are very wonderful to look at before going into the show. I love the Simpich Theatre and will definitely go back.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Kathy D
Monument, Colorado, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Puppetry art”
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Simpich puppets are an art form, and David's puppet-infused storytelling is inspiring and enchanting.

Colorado Springs
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Underwhelming”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Nothing went wrong. Clearly I'm not a doll person; I had hoped that I'd find something interesting, but I didn't. It must be great for "doll people"

Visited October 2011
1 Thank CJThomas
south carolina
185 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 225 helpful votes
“Utterly amazing!”
Reviewed 22 April 2012

This is a great entertaining marionette show that is still done in old European tradition. All are handmade, voices, sound effects, and operating of the marionettes done by Mr. Simpich. This is a wonderful family show that lasts about 90 minutes. Mr. Simpich is also part of the show and the narrator. We saw the incredible production of The Secret Garden while we were in old town Colorado. There is also a small museum on site that is free and shows the progression of the marionettes and former ones from previous shows. You will need to reserve as they do tend to sell out. There are season tickets for locals as several shows are performed throughout the year. Highly recommend!

2 Thank chichiSouthCarolina