“One night for early flight!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs Airport
Ranked #53 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed 12 March 2013

We had an early flight and wanted to stay close to the airport and this property was about 1 mile away. The hotel was clean and quiet and the staff was courteous and professional. The cookies were a bonus! Liz M., Atlanta, GA.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank lmaddern
Debbie K, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. We know that you always have a choice when looking for hotel accomodations. We appreciate your business and hope that we'll see you the next time your travels bring you to Colorado Springs.

Respectfully,
Debbie K

Reviewed 23 February 2013

I was here for 2 weeks. Good breakfast, and supper. The pool was ok, fitness center was busy in mornings. I did enjoy my suite with its full size refridgerator. My only complaint was that although there were 3 routers for internet, I could never stay connected.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jay C

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. I am sorry to hear that you were not able to stay connected in your guest suite. We are in the process of moving to Stay Connected which is Hilton's internet program. We feel that once this process is complete a fair amount of these issues will no longer be present. Again I would like to thank you for your time and your business.

Respectfully,
Debbie K.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

Stange thing happened while here - one of the managers asked me and my collegues to leave the common area prior to the evening dinner. She didn't seem to like that we had sat down at a table to wait for dinner to start and get some work done on our computers. It was one of the rudest ways I've been approached at a Hilton property in a very long time. And for this reason I won't come back here. Which is sad because the food at manager's reception was among the best of the Homewood's I've stayed.

Property is well maintained, but with some unusual things: huge electrical breaker panel in middle of bedroom, not a single finish matched (brass, chrome, brushed & antiqued bronze fixtures all in one room), and edged of wood furniture had finish worn off. Was very clean none-the-less. Had a few upgrades like granite counters.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank hilemasm
COSHW, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2013

Thanks so much for writing this review. I’m so glad that I have the opportunity to respond. In regards to your statement about the manager approaching you in a rude way to leave the lodge area where dinner was only moments away from being served; I was watching and listening as the manager politely requested that you remove all your computer equipment and graciously offered you complimentary use of the meeting space to work on your computers. In my experience this is certainly not rudeness.
I wish you the best in future travels.
Virginia Dukehart

Reviewed 4 February 2013

So my experience started with making my online reservation. There were no non-smoking rooms available so I opted to reserve a smoking room anyway and take my chances. At check in, the front desk person was nice enough to go ahead and put me in a non-smoking room. Room was very cean and in great shape. Very comfortable. The highlight of my week long stay was the afternoon manager's reception. This was a full dinner with entree, side, salad and beer. Much more than I could have expected. Breakfast was full of options that anyone could enjoy as well. I would definitely stay at Homewood Suites again and would love to stay at this location again as well.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Matt W
Debbie K, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Thank you for this wonderful review Matt.

We appreciate your kind words regarding you stay with us. I am happy to hear that if your travels bring you back to Colorado Springs you will consider staying with the Homewood CS Airport property. I hope your day is wonderful and thank you for your time.

Reviewed 2 December 2012

I will start by saying in the past 2-3 years I have become a Homewood fan/fanatic, however this stay left me wanting for a little more. This IS NOT to say you should avoid this property. It was a good value with friendly attentive staff, just not the ideal place for me.

When I checked into the hotel, the GM told me "in my room I would need to use a cable to connect to the internet (and they could provide if needed), in the lobby/lodge area, there is WiFi." That's all good for my laptop but my iPad does not have an Ethernet connector on it. I cannot remember the last time I checked into a hotel in the U.S. that did not have WiFi in the room. I must admit I am puzzled as I read other reviews from guests who state the WiFi in the rooms is good and the person who checked me into this property (and told me no WiFi) was the GM.

As others have mentioned, this property is a little ways from the things I typically like to be around. Restaurants and shopping were farther away than I prefer. Airport and airport type facilities (i.e. FedEx) were very convenient.

* * Now that I have told you why this property will not be my 1st choice in COS, I will tell you why it absolutely will not be my last choice and why it might work well for you...

Based on observation and experience, this property is fairly new or is just very well maintained (or both). I did experience one very minor maintenance issue. I mentioned it on my way to work that morning and by the time I returned from work that day, it was resolved. You can not ask for more than that.

Staff was very friendly yet professional, and I mean everyone I encountered. I've spent 200+ nights on the road this year (2012). I don't always want to feel like a customer. The folks here made me feel like a personal guest in their homes and they were glad to have me. I like that.

Breakfast and dinner were very good. As a Homewood regular, I can say some Homewoods struggle in this area a little. Homewood COS does it quite well.

Room was very up-to-date. Good TV's with good channel selections. Full size coffee pots, not those little 4-cuppers. This is a big plus for me.

There are enough reasons to give these folks a look when staying in this area. Things that don't work for me but may be just fine for you.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Alan_W63
COSHW, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2012

I appreciate your 2 part review of the Homewood Suites Colorado Springs Airport. I especially enjoyed the second part with all the wonderful accolades you extended to the staff and the Homewood.
I noticed in the second paragraph you mentioned concern about WIFI in the guests’ rooms and your puzzlement over some guests mentioning having WIFI and the GM telling you there was no WIFI. Hopefully I can shed some light on this mystery. At this very moment the hotel is finishing up installing WIFI throughout the entire hotel. During your visit about half of the hotel had access to WIFI. Since the project is not due to be fully completed until January the GM responded to you as she did. I hope in January 2013 with the addition of WIFI throughout the entire hotel we can become your 1st choice in Colorado Springs.

Please do come back....

Reviewed 27 November 2012

My recent stay at the Homewood Suites in Colorado Springs at the Airport was outstanding! I travel for work and spend alot of time in hotels. This hotel is kept in great shape and up to date. Everything from the flat screen televisions to the enternet conection in the rooms and the wireless connection in the rooms and common areas of the hotel has been great. The only problem I experiencd was a burnt out light bulb. I mentioned it to the desk and before I was finished in the lobby it had already been taken care of. My stay has been enjoyable! The staff and hotel management have been nothing less than wonderful! It has been apparent that their priority is taking care of there guests. I frequent Colorado Springs for work and will return here without question.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark P

Special thanks for your wonderful review of the Homewood Suites Colorado Springs Airport. The entire staff at the Homewood is so very appreciative for the wonderful feedback you have given the team and the actual hotel. Thanks again for making our day. Please come back soon!!

Reviewed 25 November 2012

Previous stays at this property have been good, but this time a lot of little things were bothersome. Wake-up call never came. Coffee maker didn't have any brewing instructions (and didn't work anyway!). Toilet seat would not stay up, no matter what I tried. Probably the worst of all: doors (inside and outside) are extremely heavy and have no mechanical assistance, and the parking in front is surfaced in cobblestones, making it extremely difficult to negotiate a trolley. There are, however, some pluses: breakfast is excellent, and Monday through Thursday evenings an excellent light supper (with wine and beer) is served. Location is extremely convenient to the airport, but not much else. Front desk personnel were indifferent. Downtown and the Broadmoor area are a long drive away.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank SnowmassCOtraveler

Thanks so much for letting the staff know about the excellent complimentary breakfast buffet and the excellent complimentary light dinner you enjoyed during your stay. I apologize for the missed wake-up call and lack of instructions for the coffee makers. At this time the hotel is replacing those coffee makers and the staff has been reminded of the great importance of scheduling wake up calls correctly. I'm sorry that downtown Colorado Springs was 8 miles away and the Broadmoor 10 miles.
I invite you to stay with us again and to make your reservation with me personally and we will do our best to make it a great stay.