“Good Price For Nice Hotel”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs Airport
Ranked #56 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Erie, CO, United States
“Good Price For Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I enjoyed my 2-day stay at The Homewood Suites Colorado Springs Airport. I choose this hotel because of it's location and willingness to accept pets. The hotel was clean, quiet and the staff was nice. Complaints were only that the pet area wasn't really conducive to pets because there were cactus/prickers there and the location of the elevators was odd being they weren't located anywhere near the front desk. But there were places to safely walk the dogs and the views where great while taking those walks.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Debbie K, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
Thank you so much for your time and your business. These reviews are very important to us. They serve as a gage for us as to how well we are meeting or exceeding ours guests needs and expectations. I hope your day is wonderful and we hope that you will join us again when you travel back to Colorado Springs.

Debbie K.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 27 June 2013

This location is pretty far away from any amenities but it is very close to the airport. In room kitchenette is well stocked and the rooms were kept very clean. I would recommend that you request a room that is not on the interior ground floors as my windows were looking at the back of the pool building. There was an old shower basin that was left on the ground for the entire 2 weeks I spent at the hotel. Pretty tacky....otherwise, good place to stay. I will be back

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Debbie K, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Thank you for this review and for your time. We did have a shower assembly here waiting for installation. Our maintenance staff had placed it as far away from the general public's view as possible. I'm sorry it was something you could see. I really appreciate your business and we hope to have you join us again in the near future.

Canon City, Colorado
Reviewed 25 June 2013

My husband and I stayed here on June 20, 2013. I was flying into Colorado from Florida and he was picking me up on the way to Denver the next morning so we opted to have a quiet night alone at the Homewood Suites. It was the first time we've ever been to this location and the first time we've stayed at a Homewood Suites facility.

My husband arrived several hours before me and was pleasantly surprised to find a free dinner awaited him! He selected a couple of burgers and brought them up to our room to wait for my arrival. Three hours later, I was pleased to be served (by my husband) the burgers conveniently warmed up in the suite's small but adequate kitchenette. They were delicious even re-heated!

We both "live" on our laptops and were plugged in and working - one of us on the desk, the other on the kitchen table - within minutes. Connecting to the internet was easy and fast. We didn't spend a lot of time working as we were anxious to check out the pool and hot tub. After 8 hours of airports and travel-time, the hot tub was just what the doctor ordered for me! The pool and hot tub area were clean, pleasant and furnished well for lounging as well as swimming/soaking. The hot tub was nice and hot and the pool was refreshing without being frigid. Pool towels were in plentiful supply.

The suite itself was clean, fairly spartan - not swank or plush - but comfortable and I loved the pillows! The kitchenette has stocked with cooking supplies though we were at first perplexed at the lack of dishes even though there were plenty of pots and things. We found the dishwasher to be their resting place. I'm guessing the cleaning staff put the dishwasher on after the previous occupant's use. No worry!

The suite was quite large with a separate (by a door) living/dining area and a bedroom that included two queen-sized beds.

I was quite pleased by the relative quietness of the suite as it is very close to Colorado Springs Airport which was very convenient. At some other airport hotels, the sound of the jets makes for a very uncomfortable sleep.

The buffet style breakfast the following morning offered a very good selection of pastries to scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, cereals, yogurts and do-it-yourself waffles all served up in a dining area just behind a huge two-way fireplace in the lobby. There is even an outdoor patio, if al fresco dining is desired.

Especially considering the two included meals, I think the Homewood Suites is a good value and a please experience. My only negative comment would be the slipperiness of the bathtub! I almost took a tumble a couple of times during a morning shower and was very thankful for the handicap grab bar. Some of those sticky "grip" strips would be nice!

Definitely would recommend this hotel if you are in the area and want more than a hotel room!

Room Tip: Sorry, no real tips here, except if you want to use the pool, you might want to request a room by th...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Debbie K, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Thank you for this wonderful review. I am so happy to hear that you and your husband chose our hotel on your mini getaway vacation. I'm glad that you stayed with us on a night when we were serving dinner. For some of our guests like yourselves dinner is an added surprise. We pride ourselves on being the hotel of choice for many guests returning to Colorado Springs. i hope your day is bright and beautiful.

Debbie K
Canon City, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Very nice hotel. Spacious suites. Nice evening hot food (cheeseburgers, fries, plenty of salad and bread and wine and beer). Breakfast included eggs and corn beef hash and rolls and gravy. Pool and spa clean. Kitchen in room was well equipped. Enjoyed the stay. The room was equivalent to 1 bedroom timeshare condos we have access to. Very nice.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Debbie K, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your time and consideration to respond to this review. Life in general is so busy with family and work related requirements that I really appreciate our guests who have the time to let us know about your experience with us. I hope your day is wonderful. Please keep us in mind if your travels bring you back to Colorado Springs.

Rochelle, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We(2 adults, 1 4 yr old) enjoyed our stay. The pool room was a little cold and that was our only issue. The meals were good. We were there during the Black Forest Fire, so there were quite a few guest, and the meals were pretty limited after an hour or so.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Debbie K, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Thank you for the time you took out of your busy day to send in this review. The fires in the Black Forest and Royal Gorge were devastating for so many families. We thank you for understanding that we were doing evverything possible to keep up with the demand during our breakfast and dinner hours. All of our guests were so kind just like you. Thank for your business.

Lawton, United States
Reviewed 20 June 2013

The staff was amazing. Lee was fantastic and a great conversationalist! Michelle was exceedingly polite and helpful. I wish I had learned the name of the maintenance man because he was another person that made my stay enjoyable. A+ on friendliness. The only issues we ran into during our stay was the lack of TV channels, no dvd player in all rooms (which typically comes standard at all homewood locations), and that we were charged for local calls. Those issues were trivial.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Debbie K, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Thank you for your time and your business. Our staff members take pride in making our guest comfortable and happy. I appreciate your time. I hope your day is as kind to you as you were to us,.

Colorado Springs, United States
Reviewed 20 June 2013

This hotel stay is in conjunction with a military Permanent Change of Station from Germany. Upon arrival after a 10 hour flight and hour and a half drive, I was pretty tired and so even the little things were mildly irritating. The front door is not automated or even has a doorstop, so pushing a luggage cart with 6 suitcases and an animal cage is difficult. The entire feeling of the hotel is straight out of the late 70's with dated furniture and carpet. Got up to the room and tried to call the front desk with a question. Surprise! No cable from the phone to the wall. So tried to hook up a game system to the HDMI port on the TV so my son could be entertained. NOPE. The remote and TV are set up so that so no peripherals can be used at all. There is a game controller directly hooked to the TV, but as it turns out, costs $6 an hour to play games from the late 90's. There is a selection of movies (PPV) that can be purchased for $5-$18. It would be cheaper to rent a DVD or BluRay, but, once again, the TV setup won't allow for anything to be attached to it. Coming from Germany, I had to make a couple of phone calls back there to tie up loose ends. DON'T. International calls are $4 a minute PLUS a 35% surcharge to use the golden phone lines. I was expecting a big bill, but calling the U.S. from Iraq on my personal satellite phone was cheaper than this. Additionally, LOCAL calls cost. No phone company in the U.S. charges for local calls, so where does this cost come from?! Overall, coming from Germany, I feel like this is modern highway robbery. In the past week being here, I found a different place that offers suites for 1/3 the price and doesn't hide fees or make it not possible to use your own equipment. I wish I had done some more research prior to selecting a suite to stay in. Learn from my mistake.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

I am sorry to hear that you had issues with the billing of international calls placed from your guest suite. It is always our intention to make our guests as comfortable as possible. The information for AT &T phone charges, access charges etc are located on the phone card next to the phone on the desk. It must have been missed when you were making your calls. I am truly sorry that you won't be joining us again. I wish that all of your future travels are wonderful and without any complications.

Travellers are raving about these Colorado Springs hotels