Open today: 09:00 - 17:00

V5807HKalanb
Colorado Springs, Colorado
via mobile
Full of awe

We weren't entirely sure if we'd make it here, but my son and I are both so glad we did! We were... read more

Tracy S

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Colorado Springs
from US$156.60
from US$126.00
from US$250.00
from US$88.00
1,275 results
All reviews athletes train our tour guide weight room team usa michael phelps shooting range gift shop nice tour behind the scenes tour starts hall of fame walking tour an american short video hour tour great place to visit visitor center
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I have lived here for 15 years and never went in. I have a work function there and was really impressed. One more great reason to live in colorado springs.

Reviewed 1 week ago

We were able to see so many training sites, labs (like the kitchen where Olympians learn how to cook using ingredients they'll have available in different countries) and gyms. We lucked out and got to watch women boxers, male gymnasts and Paralympians exercising.

Every one and everything we saw was inspirational; I was tearing up even just seeing a slideshow in the waiting area! Definitely recommend a visit for people 9-10 years and up. Might not be as exciting for younger kids, and there's a lot of moving between buildings.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

If you are in the area, it is well worth the time to tour this facility. They use athletes as tour guides - a very personable and nice touch. We were able to visit some of the training venues where athletes were actively training. The facilities are clean and modern and a tribute to the USA Olympic committee.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The U.S. Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado, is widely known as Olympic City USA. And after touring the magnificent 35-acre facility at 1750 East Boulder Street or 1 Olympic Plaza, you understand what the process of developing an Olympic champion is all about. Start by watching a 12-minute inspirational film at the Olympic Visitor Center, then take a 45-minute outdoor walking tour of the training complex, including the weightlifting and wrestling facilities, the Aquatics Center and the Sports Center Gymnasiums. Visitors can then explore the U.S. Olympic Hall of Fame Rotunda, shop at the U.S. Olympic store and check out the ever-changing art exhibitions throughout the visitor center. Public tours are available year-round Monday through Saturday. Over 140,000 people visit the Olympic Training Center each year. The facility is able to provide housing, dining and recreational facilities and other services for up to 557 coaches and athletes at one time. It is home to Olympic, Paralympic, Pan American and Parapan American athletes in boxing, cycling, figure skating, gymnastics, judo, pentahlon, shooting, swimming, wrestling and weightlifting. One mile south of the training center is the Velodrome, a banked cement track and 1,000-seat arena for cyclists and roller sports. The Olympic Training Center serves 300,000 meals annually, has 242 dorm rooms, 512 beds, two swimming pools and offers 15 tours a day during the summer months. The Colorado Springs OTC was the first to be built and has been the home of the U.S. Olympic Committee since 1978. The Lake Placid OTC opened in New York in 1982 and the Chula Vista OTC opened in California in 1995.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My mom came to visit me in Colorado and I was determined to bring her to one of my very favorite places in Colorado. One of my favorite places anywhere in fact. We arrived on a Monday at about 10 minutes to spare to go on the last tour of the day. The gate guard was surly but once we were in everyone working on a particularly slow day treated my mom, service animal & I like VIP’s. We were the only visitors on hand and we still received an amazing tour of the facilities. We were fortunate enough to get to say hi to some of our country’s amazing athletes. It was an absolutely amazing experience and can’t thank everyone there that we encountered enough for making what will undoubtedly become a lifelong memory for my mom & I when it would have been very easy to turn us away. Oh, and, much like the commercials say, don’t forget to bring cash unless you have a Visa because that is all they accept at the Olympics. But, then again, how cool were they at they visitor center? They knocked $2 off our entrance fee to offset the ATM fee. Just an amazing experience all around.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The facility is world class. It was so interesting to see how many different sports were included from the obvious ones of swimming and gymnastics to less obvious ones like archery, wrestling, boxing, and shooting. Our guide was excellent. Well worth the visit for sports enthusiasts as well as casual Olympic viewers.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a state of the art training facility. Stopped in here while on our family guys trip and we were fortunate enough to have a friend who works for one of the sports governing bodies give us a tour. The technology they have here to help our athletes train is amazing. The campus is very pretty but in an old part of town that is a little run down. Being a former athlete it was very cool to see where our elite athletes train.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I was at the OTC for the last hour of the day. Gary gave the tour and was absolutely fantastic! He seemed to know every coach, athlete, dietition, you name it, all by heart. We knew there was only about 30 mins left in the operating hours but Gary took his time with us and never once rushed us through any of the facilities or training centers. He was super comprehensive and had amazing knowledge over the history and background of the center!

Thanks again Gary!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We took the tour at Olympic Training Center. Even though not many athletes were on campus at time of our tour, we all found our visit to be interesting, educational, and inspiring! The climate and altitude controlled training rooms were fascinating as were the low gravity treadmills that are used as part of injured athletes’ healing/training process. Pretty neat to consider all the great athletes who had passed through those doors/rooms. Worth a quick visit if athletics interests you. Had a gift shop there, but all stuff that can be purchased online as well.

Reviewed 10 October 2018

No wonder why TEAM USA always perform so well at competitions! There is a whole team of support behind Team USA and they lover what they do! Great facility. This is where Olympic dreams really take off!