“Hiking on Glen Eyrie grounds”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Glen Eyrie Castle

Glen Eyrie Castle
More attraction details
Owner description: Nestled on 750 breathtaking acres with 97 lodging rooms, Glen Eyrie's stunning beauty and rich spiritual heritage create a place where, for a few sacred moments, guests can set aside their troubles and catch their breath. The Glen Eyrie staff ministers by thoughtfully creating experiences which set the stage for all to discover, explore, and be transformed. Whether guests come with a group for a retreat, individually for a program or conference, or for historical teas, tours, or overnight stays, Glen Eyrie serves a sanctuary and safe haven of transformation and inspiration. As the conference and camping ministry of The Navigators, The Glen Eyrie Group is comprised of Glen Eyrie and Eagle Lake Camps. Built upon the unique intersection of natural, historical, and spiritual heritages, the Glen Eyrie Group promises to stay true to our Navigator calling by purposefully and thoughtfully ministering to guests through Christ-centered, excellent service and innovative programming.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Hiking on Glen Eyrie grounds”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

We found a great hike to a waterfall in Colorado Springs, but it was on Glen Eyrie grounds. In order to hike it, you had to get permission from Glen Eyrie. We decided to take the tour of the castle since we were there. It was very interesting, and we still had plenty of time for our hike, which was amazing. We also saw big horn sheep on the grounds. Keep in mind that you have to call ahead to make the reservation for the tour.

Visited July 2013
6 Thank Anna C

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Unique Colorado Springs Attraction”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

One of the few chances to see the estate and mansion of early Colorado Springs. The mansion and grounds are beautiful. The tour was interesting and informative. The tea was not available the day we toured but we did see the room where it was held. Will definitely try and attend the tea on our next visit to the area.

2 Thank Tallguy69
Colorado Springs, Colorado
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 218 helpful votes
“We had a good time.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

The castle and the surrounding estate are beautiful. It was very interesting to learn about the history of its building and the lives of the occupants. The high tea was also good fun but we missed the "formality" of the process that we did get when we went to Miramont Castle. The selections of tea were excellent. The food that was served was good but didn't have that ultra "fresh" taste we would have appreciated. The crustless sandwich, for example, seemed a bit dried out. However, that's carping. On balance we had a good time and good value for our money. And the waitresses were helpful and a lot of fun. They definitely added to our entertainment. Oh, one comment about an earlier reviewer's disappointment that none of the cups/saucers were a set, instead rather hodgepodge. We actually enjoyed that as some of the cup and saucer designs were gorgeous.

2 Thank ArtColorado
New Jersey
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Don't bother unless you schedule an appointment & enjoy rudeness”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

After seeing Garden of the Gods, I drove up the road to see Glen Eyrie Castle. You pull into what looks like the beginning of development and drive to the security guard spot (looks like what is at some developments). On a Saturday afternoon, the guard was very rude with me and acted like I was the first person who ever wanted to see Glen Eyrie Castle. I explained I just wanted to see the outside, take a couple pictures and go on my way. In a scolding tone (like you would if you caught your child stealing something), he said I needed an appointment and to call Monday which appointments are from 9-4 Monday thru Thursday.

So I didn't get to see it....

21 Thank seahawk3133
Mobile, Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Disappointed ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

My mom and I went and had the Royal Tea. The tea itself was fine, though I was very disappointed that none of the serving dishes, or cups/saucers were not a set, rather hodgepodge. The food itself was good, but there was no formality. The food was served on individual serving plates, rather than a tiered dish.
When I booked, I also paid for the tour. I was told it was an hr long. I also told them my mom was handicapped, and they informed me there was an elevator. While the elevator was accurate, we had to walk down several stairs to the carriage house, as there was construction due to a wildfire.
The tour guide was long winded and repeated 75% of what was said in the 20 minute video we had to watch. We didn't even get into the castle until 45 minutes into the tour, which then lasted an hour and a half. We barely got upstairs before we had to leave for another prior engagement.
It was very disappointing to pay for something and not get to enjoy it, because the staff provided incorrect info and then repeated what we just watched

5 Thank NWintheSouth
GlenEyrie, Manager at Glen Eyrie Castle, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Although your expectations were not met during your time at Glen Eyrie, your thoughts are important to us, and we value what you have to say. We sincerely apologize that your experience was less than satisfactory. Our goal is to equip all of our staff to answer guest inquiries accurately, and we apologize that you were misinformed about the tour. We hope we’ll have the opportunity to serve you better in the future!