“Just Average”
Review of Bara Sushi & Grill - CLOSED

Bara Sushi & Grill
Cuisines: Sushi
Description: Part of a chain. you have one in Greenwood Village. This one is in Colorado Springs
Reviewed 25 October 2013

My husband and I have been here a couple of times for lunch. It's never been busy when we've visited so I take that as a sign. We've ordered the lunch special 50% off rolls. While it's a decent price and portions are alright, the sushi is not memorable.
We've ordered the Miso Soup once. At a cost of $3.00, I find that fairly expensive. I was expecting a larger portion served nice and hot. We got a small cup (usually complimentary or $1.75 tops at other places we've been) that was room temperature at best.
The atmosphere at this restaurant isn't bad. It's in a strip mall and fairly generic.
The one good thing I have to say is I find the staff always friendly and service is quick.
As for going back, I probably won't. My husband liked this restaurant more than I did.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

We were in the Briargate area and picked this place due to its location and menu. There are many other choices close by, but we wanted something light and different. We both had the "Lunch Box" (a choice of 3 items; one from Column A, one from Column B, ...)

We both had tuna rolls, sashimi tuna and smoked salmon.

Great presentation . See the photo. The portion size was perfect. The food tasted great, especially the ginger salad dressing. Service was friendly and prompt.

I would recommend this place for a quick, light lunch alternative.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

5 years in a row and never a bad meal! Nestled in the Briargate shopping center, this place is the choice for most sushi fans in the area. Many Asian friends with authentic sushi experience gravitate to this place and we know why.

Friendly staff, fresh food; just excellent. A bit more costly than average but no complaints when you're digging into it. A few years ago we thought we'd try an unusual appetizer called "Monkey Brain" as a lark. It was fantastic and we've ordered it every time since then.

Definitely a must if you're into sushi.

Reviewed 21 March 2013

We went here with a groupon only to find out it was only good for dinner not lunch. We stayed and both of us enjoyed a "lunch box". We had the fried shrimp, ton katsu (sp?), gyoza. It was really quite tasty! Went back 2 nights later to use our "dinner Groupon" only for find the place packed, and unfortunately it was the expiration day of our coupon. Oh well! I would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

I enjoy the sushi here when I'm shopping at the Shops at Briargate. I'll stop in at lunchtime and find a spot at the sushi bar. The sushi is good and fresh. The staff was really friendly and helpful. I think the only thing i would recommend is for the one sushi chef who has big plans to open his own place in Colorado Springs to have those discussions with his potential investor when he's off duty. He didn't have anything bad to say about Bara, but personally, I think this conversation was a bit inappropriate while others were also sitting and having lunch at this establishment. He's a good sushi chef though and I'm sure they are happy to have him. There was a customer who was annoyed she couldn't use her groupon during the hours she visited, but I don't think that is the restaurant's fault and the staff member handled the situation well. The customer said "well, you won't get a tip then." It's too bad that people don't realize that restaurants take the hit on those cheap coupons, but then again, if they weren't interested they wouldn't participate.

Overall, this is a good place to visit, but unfortunately, it's not a destination trip for me, unless I'm already at the shops. Don't miss this little gem in the corner of the Shops.