“Chef Lee Kicks It”

Cuisines: Sushi
Colorado Springs, CO
“Chef Lee Kicks It”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

The neighborhood sushi joint...Sushi Ai at S Academy and Broadmoor Bluffs is closer, but I can get better Sushi at the Safeway. SOS is a gem...Ice cold beer, mostly attentive service, and fresh specials you won't find anywhere else...File Fish Nigiri...Tasmanian Salmon...Live Scallop. The roll menu is huge...the volcano roll is incredible...if you want something special, ask Chef Lee to create a roll for you...guarantee it won't disappoint. The food is fresh, rice is skimpy, and the combinations are unreal. Best Sushi in CoS, by a mile.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank CODefender

North Dakota
“Don't Bother”
Reviewed 18 November 2012

This restaurant would seem to be a real contender in the sushi community here in Colorado Springs, based upon a local food critic's review in the CS Indy. It is near my house and seemed fresh and promising-- but I was very disappointed. Came here on a weeknight at dinnertime with my husband. The place was empty. The service was less than mediocre. The entree's were poorly executed and too salty. Won't be returning.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank SunshineCheyenne
Boulder, Colorado
“I'm Done”
Reviewed 2 November 2012

Have been there several times since they opened six months ago, and it really hasn't gotten better than my first review. The chef gets high marks from the restaurant reviewer of the local independent newspaper; evidently he's famous for his rolls. I found them to be too busy, too complicated, a chaos of ingredients. Maybe I'm too much of a purist, but I...um....want the fish to be good. And it's not. Well, not awful, but not good enough.
Service hasn't gotten any better, either. The last time I was there I asked if they had any specials. The waitress looked confused, then said, "Well.....it's ladies night...."

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank marcolius
Boulder, Colorado
“Still A Work In Progress”
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Eagerly anticipated this place, as it's in my neighborhood. We've been twice in the couple months they've been open. Very nice space, but the food and service need work. Both nights they were out of something I wanted. First visit the server new zilch about sushi; she couldn't even identify the fish she was bringing out. I will gladly put up with "just opened" glitches, if the fish is excellent. This, however, was merely average. Only the gyoza were really outstanding. I'll probably give them another chance, but at this point Sushi Ring and Sushi Ai, both nearby, are better choices.

• Visited July 2012