“Great concept ruined by poor service”
Review of 2 South Wine Bar

2 South Wine Bar
Ranked #107 of 1,420 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cozy Neighborhood Bistro with 60+ wines by the glass. Great award winning food
Colorado Springs
“Great concept ruined by poor service”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

If this wine bar could get their service issues ironed out, this would be a great place to spend an evening! The atmosphere is trendy and relaxing and I love the wine selection. The food is good, too. Sadly, the service is just appalling. Our waitress would disappear for 20 minutes at a time, and the kitchen was terribly backed up. Things got so bad that we asked for our drink / appetizer check, cancelled our dinners, paid and left.

What a shame...2 South is wonderfully conceptually, but terrible in execution.

• Visited August 2013
2South, Owner at 2 South Wine Bar, responded to this review, 22 May 2015
Greetings from 2 South. My name is Rod and I am the owner of 2 South and we just received access to our reviews on Trip Advisor because we received a Certificate of Excellence from them. I noticed that you have been several times in the past an experienced some bad service, I am very sorry for that! We have gone through a significant transition over the last 6 months and have been working very hard to remedy some of the glaring issues we had. I would love to invite you back and have dinner on us, excluding beverages, and get a chance to win you over, and become customers again. Please call me directly at 719-351-8910 to arrange a reservation, I hope you take us up on this offer, I apologize again for the service that you received. Thanks So much and I look forward to speaking with you!

Portland, Oregon
“Beautiful building, great concept but...”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Stopped with family and we immediately chose 3 bottles of various wines. We drank and agreed to have another of one but we were told they were out. I asked for dome olive oil and bread and we were brought canola oil. Yep, canola oil. Our waitress stated they did not have any olive oil so we could try the canola and she was not sure how it would taste...well it was crazy bad. The servers do not seem well versed, at least our server, in wine etc...our group was going to return two nights later but chose another location in Old Colorado City...

• Visited July 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Second Time Around -Not So Good”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I reviewed 2 South Wine Bar back in March after my first visit. The title of my review was 'First Visit, Won't be my Last'. Well... my second visit, will be my last. The food we had was good but I'm afraid the level of service has regressed. I love to support local restaurants, but I just can't support an establishment with such a lassie faire attitude toward service and their customers. The worst offenders seem to but the owner and his wife. They don't seem in any rush to serve customers, and would rather sit out at a patio table having wine with the distributors. We happened to be there at the end of the month, and they were out of the first two red wines we selected. My husband and I ordered the steak and fries as our main course. Right after we ordered we over heard a gentleman at the bar order the same. Later the server came back to inform him that they were out. I heard him order the lamb belly, but when his meal came out he ended up with a cheese plate, so they must have been out of the lamb as well. Oh well.. I guess the moral of that story, is if you do go, don't go near the end of the month!

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“do not go”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Honestly it is such a pretty spot to relax and enjoy a beer or wine, but the fries were very limp and kale chips were so overly oily. then on top of that got a 3oz glass of wine for $7.00 . Just not worth it and they say they have happy hour which really is a joke.

Colorado
“not the best experience”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Let's see. We shall start off with ordering wine, and getting a mediocre pour. When my friend questioned how many ounces it was supposed to be, the gentleman (who was not our waiter but perhaps the owner or a friend), said it was 5 oz and looked at our glasses and immediately told us it was underpoured. Duh!!! He then took our glasses and came back with about 2 more oz in it. We then ordered french fries and the kale chips. The fries were underdone and soggy; the kale chips were not crisp/were not trimmed well, and were very greasy to eat. We tried to get the waitress to give us napkins, but she was too busy talking to one of the dudes at one of the other tables. Finally, my friend went inside to try to get napkins. Eventually, we got them. Then, when the bill came, we saw that our waiter had charged one of us for a full bottle of pinot grigio rather than just a glass. Not sure if the owners were there, but all this time, there was at least one gentleman sitting at an outside table with bottles of wine in front of him and an open laptop on the table, with another gentleman, who was the one who decided that our wine was underpoured, sitting frequently at the table at the laptop. Recommend that whoever owns this place pay more attention to the way it is being run and the service rather than the bottles of wine and the computer. We paid $7 for a glass of "keg" wine. Spend more time and travel down to Manitou Springs and go to Swirl. The owner pays attention to what is going on, the wine is just as good and better priced, and the food is much better. For sure not going to return.