“Awesome food don't miss this one.”
Review of India Palace

India Palace
Ranked #620 of 1,454 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

It was a great Indian food place .
We had dinner here . They gave papad as starters. Paneer makhni and dal makhni was great. They gave rice with each dish was free. Naan was awesome.

1  Thank AparnaK
There are newer reviews for India Palace

Reviewed 15 August 2013

While the decor is nothing special, the food was delicious. Had samosas, butter chicken and naan. The service was very good as well.

1  Thank KKrabb
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The restaurant is a family owned and family operated which I got to know by talking to the owner. Nice food and taste. I definitely recommend this to other people. Some people complained about butter chicken in white color, Don't look for color, look for taste.

1  Thank Cool1984
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I've been going to India Palace for years and I think it's the best Indian restaurant in Colorado Springs. The food is always excellent and the service is always prompt and friendly. I've been for both the lunch buffet and for dinner. The last time I had the buffet, they had naan, rice, veggie pakora, keema, butter chicken, saag paneer, tandoori chicken, dal and one other main dish that escapes me. They also had salads, chutneys, papdum, raita, and for dessert, kheer and mango custard--all for $7.95. I went there a few days ago with co-workers for the buffet and they both loved it. My Indian co-worker, who has only recently moved to Colorado Springs, said the food was excellent and not greasy like you get at lots of other Indian restaurants. For dinner, I typically get the butter or the vindaloo chicken, but I've also had most of the vegetarian entrees. Every one of them is good, but my favorites are the saag paneer, bengan bhurtha (eggplant) and the malai kofta. Their naan is excellent, especially the stuffed ones with potatoes, cheese and spinach. The chai is excellent and they have a small, but decent selection of beer and wine. On Friday and Saturday from 5 PM, they have happy hour so drinks are 1/2 price. The service is always wonderful and they really make you feel at home. I would recommend this place to anyone. If you're new to Indian food, don't worry, they will explain it to you and are happy to make suggestions. Go to India Palace and enjoy!

1  Thank CSpringsDeb
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I was really looking forward to an evening out last night with my husband, and eating wonderful food. I ordered the Vegetable Biryani, and to my horror found that my second bite of spiced rice and vegetables also contained very hard objects about 1/16th inch in diameter. I discovered these objects as I was discovering that they had broken one of my molars. I forked around in my Biryani, and found numerous additional un-chewable pieces that when squeezed, felt to me and my husband like rocks. When I showed them to the maitre d', she told me they were bits of the masala (mixture of spices) they use to flavor the food. She said that she was sorry I didn't enjoy the dish, and told me she would charge only half price for that entree.

I was enticed to this restaurant by it's glowing reviews, and because of a $5 coupon which I had gotten on www.restaurant.com. Now I am faced with hundreds of dollars in dental repair. The final blow of the evening was that when we added up our bill, the sum on the bill was incorrect. When we asked the maitre d' to re-calculate it, she said that she had included the tip in the price for this dinner for two. The tip was not itemized on the bill. There was no mention on the menu, nor were we told that the tip would be added to our bill for us. Normally we would just add the tip to the final amount we were told that we owed, and move on. If we were not using the coupon, we might not have given the sum owed a second look.

Beware the Biryani and the bill!