“New Chef SO Excited!”

Ai Sushi & Grill
Ranked #124 of 1,558 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Ai, the Japanese word for love, serves a full range of Japanese treats in a comfortable and airy warehouse setting. In addition to sushi, Ai offers tempura, teriyaki, rice bowls and noodle soups. for a little excitement, take a seat at one of the Hibachi tables where chef cooks in front of you with a fiery show.
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I LOVE sushi, and usually Jun's is my first choice,but many times on a quick lunch or after school bite I go to AI. This was one of those days. I was by myself, so I sat at the sushi bar. They have a new chef and the waitress let him know that I come there often so to take care of me. Boy did he take care of me. I love their seaweed salad, so he gave me a piling plate of it. Then when my sushi was almost gone, he handed me some tempura white fish, different types. DELICIOUS!! I had the lunch sushi special which came with a salad and miso soup. The spicy tuna roll was not my fav, so I will probably go back to the California roll, but all of the nigiri was amazing! Will have to definitely think of AI more often.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

We ate at this restaurant as a suggestion by friends. We really liked the atmosphere. The restaurant is divided into two areas, a sushi dining room and a grill area. The menu is quite extensive. We ordered a variety of sushi. All was very good. The Caifornia roll was the best Ive eaten, really fresh. We also really liked the avalanche roll.
The atmosphere was pleasant, service was really good, and food very nice. My only complaint was the restaurant is expensive. My husband and I ate here for $47. We may come back but would prefer to try other japanese/sushi restaurants first. Location is in a city big box area. I thought prices like this would be found more so in a Downtown location.

Reviewed 14 February 2013

Ai Sushi is close to my home and conveniently located. The best part, however, is the freshness of their sushi. It is always artistically prepared and tastes great. The hibachi table is always a fun experience, either alone, or with a group.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

This restaurant always has fresh fish and great tasting tempura! They have a wonderful selection of sushi and sashimi to choose from. Also, a great selection of tempura and teriyaki dishes for the non sushi eaters.

Reviewed 10 November 2012

The sushi smells fishy and it was old and rubbery!!! Never had such bad sushi. Stay away from this chain restaurant!!!