“Do NOT go here with kids”
Review of Ai Sushi & Grill

Ai Sushi & Grill
Ranked #105 of 1,438 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Ai, the Japanese word for love, serves a full range of Japanese treats in a comfortable and airy warehouse setting. In addition to sushi, Ai offers tempura, teriyaki, rice bowls and noodle soups. for a little excitement, take a seat at one of the Hibachi tables where chef cooks in front of you with a fiery show.
Vicenza, Italy
“Do NOT go here with kids”
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

My kids love this place because of the hibachi style cooking. The food tastes great and the chef puts on a great show. However, they don't have a kids menu. The waitress told me that the kids can just split an adult meal. No problem! But that means that my 2 kids should each get a portion half the size of mine. That is not the case. They did not bring a salad for the kids. When I asked for one, the waitress gave me attitude. The chef also fixed "kid size" portions for my kids that were less than half a full size portion. He did not fix or give them any of the grilled vegetables and told them, "if you want some, get from Mommy". He also gave them very small portions of meat and gave the "extras" to people around the table who did not order the same type of meat. It doesn't work like that, if you charge full price for a meal (the cheapest one is $23), the kids should get a FULL meal. This is the last time I will go here with my children.

Visited October 2013

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Always great food and great service”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Any time we are craving sushi, this is where we go. There are other sushi restaurants in town with good food, but this place has the best and most consistent service.
Like last night, we typically go for a sit down dinner (they have take out too). The owner (?)/manager is always there and she recognizes us every time, comments about my son growing so fast, etc. She genuinely cares about us being there and having a good experience.
Last night my husband and I shared some sushi rolls. One of my favorite is the Crop Burning roll which is all veggie. It is delicious and spicy. Another great one is the Spicy Tuna roll. The tuna does not have a bunch of filler mixed with it like I have seen at other restaurants. It is simple and yummy.
My son loves the Wasabi Shumi. It is a steamed dumpling with a wasabi kick. It is great for a stuffy nose and will clear it right up :)
The only complaint I have is that they are not open on Sunday. The weekend is when we typically go out for dinner and would go here if they were open.

• Visited August 2013
“New Chef SO Excited!”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I LOVE sushi, and usually Jun's is my first choice,but many times on a quick lunch or after school bite I go to AI. This was one of those days. I was by myself, so I sat at the sushi bar. They have a new chef and the waitress let him know that I come there often so to take care of me. Boy did he take care of me. I love their seaweed salad, so he gave me a piling plate of it. Then when my sushi was almost gone, he handed me some tempura white fish, different types. DELICIOUS!! I had the lunch sushi special which came with a salad and miso soup. The spicy tuna roll was not my fav, so I will probably go back to the California roll, but all of the nigiri was amazing! Will have to definitely think of AI more often.

• Visited May 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Really nice Atmosphere, but Expensive.”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We ate at this restaurant as a suggestion by friends. We really liked the atmosphere. The restaurant is divided into two areas, a sushi dining room and a grill area. The menu is quite extensive. We ordered a variety of sushi. All was very good. The Caifornia roll was the best Ive eaten, really fresh. We also really liked the avalanche roll.
The atmosphere was pleasant, service was really good, and food very nice. My only complaint was the restaurant is expensive. My husband and I ate here for $47. We may come back but would prefer to try other japanese/sushi restaurants first. Location is in a city big box area. I thought prices like this would be found more so in a Downtown location.

• Visited May 2013
Colorado USA
“Nice, Fresh Sushi”
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Ai Sushi is close to my home and conveniently located. The best part, however, is the freshness of their sushi. It is always artistically prepared and tastes great. The hibachi table is always a fun experience, either alone, or with a group.

Visited February 2013