“Very busy, but great staff”

Mountain Shadows Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 1,438 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Broomfield, Colorado
“Very busy, but great staff”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was a nice little restaurant away from the hustle and bustle of downtown. We just ordered an appetizer and drinks, service was pretty slow, took over an hour to order and get our food. But the waitress explained the mixup and some other patrons another table stated they eat there all the time and this was the first time they have ever had issues. So I can't judge them for this one time. What we ordered decent.

Visited August 2014

Dayton, Tennessee
“As good as it gets for home style breakfast”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We decided on Mountain Shadows after reading Tripadvisor reviews. So glad we did. Easy to find on the main street (Colorado Ave.). It is in a converted house with tables inside and outside to enjoy the morning depending on the weather. This is not "fine dining" so don't expect linens and upscale decor. It is a "home away from home" environment with local retirees, construction workers and tourists. You come there to get your wake up coffee and a filling, delicious breakfast. Lunch would be a relaxing break from the hustle of the day. Service is top notch. These ladies are here to take care of you not to hide somewhere and text their friends or pout because they didn't want to work today. They know their job and execute it with a smile. If they are covered up, they acknowledge you and let you know "I'll be right back hon." Who doesn't like to be called hon first thing in the morning? So you will be taken care of quickly and friendly. We ate here twice and were not disappointed with anything we had. Wife loved the biscuits and gravy as did I. I am a huge fan of pancaked so I always have to try them. When you order pancakes they ask if you would like small, medium or large. So glad I went with medium. I think we would have had trouble fitting a large on the table! Very good 'cakes! Also my eggs were always cooked perfectly. Huge portions on everything we saw served so come hungry! Give them a try and support a local business owner and her employees.

• Visited June 2014
Tulsa
“Eat the breakfast or lunch type food; not dinner.”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This restaurant is very highly rated. For dinner, one family member had breakfast and one had lunch. Both looked good and they said were very good. I had dinner and I was disappointed. Maybe due to my choices, french onion soup and chicken fried steak. The soup was poor and the entree was obviously pre-packaged.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank ChipMeade
Denver, CO
“A good find”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Came here with family and friends and wasn't super impressed. My veggie burger was home made and delicious. Servings were very generous. Cute place but wish they could have seated us outside as inside was very difficult to hear a conversation and not ideal for children. Service was excellent.

Austin, Texas
“Comfy Delicious and relaxing”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is the type of restaurant you can go to in your PJ's. Nobody will judge you. Most of the food is awesome and filling. I like the green chilli everything. This place has been around for decades. I use to go to it as a teen and the quality is still the same. The service is very relaxing , not slow , just not posh and super respectful . It is more like a diner. Parking is on the street unless you know the special local free parking spot.(sorry i'm not giving it away as i use it still when I visit) cost of items is reasonable as i had chicken fried steak and eggs/ hashbrowns and it was about $10

• Visited July 2014