“Thanksgiving Pizza”

Old Chicago
Ranked #63 of 1,412 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Italian, American, Bar, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dallas, Texas
“Thanksgiving Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

After watching the movie "Freebirds," the whole family had a hankering for some pizza. Those who have seen the movie know what I'm talking about. I won't spoil it for those if you who haven't. Since we were visiting from Texas for the holiday we decided to try some place we don't have in the Lone Star State. Old Chicago Pizza & Taproom was definitely the right choice. Everything we ordered was very good. So good in fact that we may have pizza for Thanksgiving every year from now on!

Bad: Nothing.

Good: Reasonably Priced (We split an appetizer, a pizza, and all 4 of us had drinks for $30!), The "Dippin Dough" Appetizer.

Really Good: The Create Your Own "Chicago Thick Crust" Pizza w/ Canadian Bacon & Seasoned Ground Beef! Top Notch Service!

• Turkish first
Greer, South Carolina
“Doing it right this time also.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

No issues here at all except maybe they should stay on top of the current beer trends. The Pizza was once again great, usually get the Chicago 7 deep dish, toppings, crust, cheese, all well done. Salas was well it was a good salad. Atmosphere was good for the bar scene where I usually eat, seemed filled with locals who come there often, good sign. Will return, good pie.

• Visited November 2013
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“A good spot - great beer selection!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

Stopped in with friends from work. I tried 3 or 4 of the craft beers and had the thin, crisp, bar pizza. Perfect size, ate it all! Friends had calzone and hawaiian pizza (pineapple on pizza should be illegal), and said it was good. TV's all over, good service, reasonably priced. Will def return. Oh - 1 downside - the smallest print/font on a bill I have ever seen! Had to ask 3 people what it was before one of them guessed. Waitress even squinted! C'mon OC give us at least an 8 font - gettin' old!!!

• Visited November 2013
Minneapolis
“Great, as usual”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

I typically like to find locally owned restaurants and avoid chain restaurants on vacation, but we like Old Chicago pizza and were in a hurry to find a place to eat. Very nice, very busy and the typically great deep dish pizza you expect.

Visited October 2013
Cranston, Rhode Island
“Good food, good price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

I thought this was a pretty good sports bar. I asked for the Patriots game to be pit on the TV that was close to me and they did it with no questions.
There were five of us and the service was really good. The appetizers were big and the food was really good. We had burgers, sandwiches, and some chicken. Everyone said it was good and I will go back there again next time I am in Colorado Springs.