“A wonderful spot”

Marigold Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #5 of 1,558 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: A Fine French Restaurant Inspired By Classic European Bistros Combined With A World Class Bakery in Colorado Springs!
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Last night I had the chance to take a new found friend to dinner. My original plan had been Thai, bu then the Marigold Cafe caught my eye. I had heard good things about it and, frankly, I didn't think my date was to enthused with the idea of Thai, so......

This was one of the finest casual dining experiences I have had in years. Stripped of the need to dress up, as for so many other great dining spots, one here could simply concentrate on the food. The bread was a great invitation to the rest of the meal -- though I have to admit that when the butter comes in pre-packaged pats, my expectations are always lowered. The salad was fresh, crisp and delicious. Not finding anything on the menu though that really called out to my vegetarian leanings; I had the Salmon --- it was absolutely awesome. Cooked to perfection, moist and favorful. The grilled veggies on the side were a feast onto themselves.The portion was large enough, that dessert simply wasn't possible -- perhaps tonight I will go back just for coffee and a dessert.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,338)

Reviewed 7 June 2014

This is a consistently good choice at a moderate price in Colorado Springs. Many small touches and attention to detail add to the experience. Several unique menu choices keep the dining experience interesting; try something new if you're adventurous, and if you have picky eaters there are burgers and sandwiches (though if you're looking for a burger there are better places to go). Recommended.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

it's pretty pricy, which I don't mind if it's worth it. I had trout, which looked and tasted like salmon, I actually thought I had the wrong order. any sides or salad are separate. my daughter had a chicken dish, and the chicken was dry and overcooked. I had a side of scalloped potatoes, that tasted quite sweet..i took one bite and told her I didn't like them. the onion soup was very good though. quite possibly the locals know what to order and have a better experience than we did.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We ordered Roquefort Blue Cheese Salad, Amish Pizza, and 10oz angus Filet Mignon prepared Med Rare Plus. Everything was perfect and we left with leftovers! Highly recommended!

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Wonderful experience. Food, service outstanding. One of the top bakeries in the state. Private room for large family/friends gatherings