“Not what it should have been”

Marigold Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #3 of 1,431 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: International
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
“Not what it should have been”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Birthday with a group of friends. Poor service, had to ask for refills of water. Was looking forward to their wonderful carrot cake but didn't have a choice and was given dried brownies.

Peyton, Colorado
“A wonderful spot”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Last night I had the chance to take a new found friend to dinner. My original plan had been Thai, bu then the Marigold Cafe caught my eye. I had heard good things about it and, frankly, I didn't think my date was to enthused with the idea of Thai, so......

This was one of the finest casual dining experiences I have had in years. Stripped of the need to dress up, as for so many other great dining spots, one here could simply concentrate on the food. The bread was a great invitation to the rest of the meal -- though I have to admit that when the butter comes in pre-packaged pats, my expectations are always lowered. The salad was fresh, crisp and delicious. Not finding anything on the menu though that really called out to my vegetarian leanings; I had the Salmon --- it was absolutely awesome. Cooked to perfection, moist and favorful. The grilled veggies on the side were a feast onto themselves.The portion was large enough, that dessert simply wasn't possible -- perhaps tonight I will go back just for coffee and a dessert.

• Visited June 2014
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Consistently good food and good service”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This is a consistently good choice at a moderate price in Colorado Springs. Many small touches and attention to detail add to the experience. Several unique menu choices keep the dining experience interesting; try something new if you're adventurous, and if you have picky eaters there are burgers and sandwiches (though if you're looking for a burger there are better places to go). Recommended.

• Visited May 2014
Blue Springs
“a little disappointed”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

it's pretty pricy, which I don't mind if it's worth it. I had trout, which looked and tasted like salmon, I actually thought I had the wrong order. any sides or salad are separate. my daughter had a chicken dish, and the chicken was dry and overcooked. I had a side of scalloped potatoes, that tasted quite sweet..i took one bite and told her I didn't like them. the onion soup was very good though. quite possibly the locals know what to order and have a better experience than we did.

• Visited June 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing food!”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

We ordered Roquefort Blue Cheese Salad, Amish Pizza, and 10oz angus Filet Mignon prepared Med Rare Plus. Everything was perfect and we left with leftovers! Highly recommended!

Visited May 2014